lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, read the That hasn't been released yet part again. Thank you.
Second, this post DOES have something to do with ROM hacking. It belongs in the NDS Rom hacking section, and I hope a moderator will replace this. Thank you.

I know lots of people here are looking forward to this game (if not, look up some info and start looking forward). I have read some discussion and theory sites, and I came to the (early) conclusion that there is a chance that you won't have the abbility to explore worlds without a time limit, even after completing the game. There is this clock on your screen that lets you see how much time you have left to complete your mission (I think it's 24 min. every mission). I don't really know why the programmers made this, but hey, it's a brand new game, right?
happy.gif
But not having the abbility to explore or return to world AFTER you complete the game really sucks. (It's still a rumor, I guess)

My real question is: Will there be a way to hack the game so that the clock dissappears in the game (off the screen isn't really necessary, but a loop would be sweet.. so that if it reaches 0, it starts at 24 again.) And if this would be possible, how hard would it be? It would be cool to choose from 'Mission select' (lets pray this option excists) and start a mission where you can explore youre beautiful Twilight Town right in your hands, without this stressing timer. I know it's really hard or in theory impossible to discuss hacking a game that hasn't come out yet, but maybe someone has already done this on a game or knows the chances.

And to all the flaming guys (luckily, there aren't that much on GBAtemp
smile.gif
), I promiss I won't use this function in my first playthrough 'cause it will destroy the gameplay. I just switch off my DS when it reaches 0.

EDIT: And before people start saying maybe you should do it yourself, I admit I have zero knowledge of programming. The only thing I know is a hex editor. But I have seen people hacking zelda for button use, so I thought that maybe a loop could be build in the game, which lets the timer never ends.

P

pasc

It may even be a clock that counts up.... cause counting down would destroy the whole game experience.

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Wrong Section1!!1!!

Shouldn't this be in the DS Section?

/flame

You, my friend, have a great sence of humor.
lecture.gif
I am aware now that I posted this in the GBA section. Sorry.

QUOTEIt may even be a clock that counts up.... cause counting down would destroy the whole game experience.

I was pretty sure it was counting down. But I could be wrong of course, then it wouldn't be so bad. Only if it doesn't have a limit!
tongue.gif

P

pasc

I guess its just a counter so you can save your best times ^^. Even if not, I guess they'll let us enough time if they really implement a countdown.

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess its just a counter so you can save your best times ^^. Even if not, I guess they'll let us enough time if they really implement a countdown.

I know what you're trying to say, and I'm not really nagging about OMFG TIS GAME IS WAAAAY TO HARDDD I CANT BEAT TEH CLOK, I will actually play the game the way it was intended. But I love KH, and I would really love to explore or revisit worlds, like I did on the PS2 version. Whenever I was bored, I played KH and went to Traverse Town or whatever. It would be annoying to have a clock, even if you have plenty of time.

but who knows, the game isn't out yet and there isn't that much info. Perhaps it turns out to have a great (read: the same as console version) gameplay, with a high replay value.
smile.gif

P

pasc

I know what you're trying to say, and I'm not really nagging about OMFG TIS GAME IS WAAAAY TO HARDDD I CANT BEAT TEH CLOK, I will actually play the game the way it was intended. But I love KH, and I would really love to explore or revisit worlds, like I did on the PS2 version. Whenever I was bored, I played KH and went to Traverse Town or whatever. It would be annoying to have a clock, even if you have plenty of time.

but who knows, the game isn't out yet and there isn't that much info. Perhaps it turns out to have a great (read: the same as console version) gameplay, with a high replay value.
smile.gif

I vote for revisiting aswell
grog.gif
thats what makes games so much fun, freedom of choice !

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
omg

1)first of all. ALL public screens are from DEMO (presented on Jump festa)
2)Demo is multiplayer-only
3)Only mode, avaliable in demo is boss rush(even if there are only _normal_ hearltess like shadows and big bodies there)

I hope you understand now what are this clock now (=

S

scubersteve

Thank you, all-knowing, clock-master Gene.
and for something a little off-topic:

I personally love revisiting, but Golden Sun was overkill. There wasn't a SINGLE way to get from town to town quickly enough o actually want to. Unless I was building EXP.

This of course, couldn't possibly happen with a KH game, since flying between worlds (if this game will even have the minigame) is a game. 3rd person shooter FTW!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.