KFC Gaming officially announces the KFConsole

kfc gaming logo.png
No, this is not an out-of-season April Fools' joke (according to the press release at least); KFC is really launching a gaming console in partnership with Cooler Master. Named the KFConsole and designed after the Bargain Bucket, it seems to be somewhat akin to the Steam Machine or a PC gaming tower at the very least.

The KFConsole campaign began on 11 June, went viral on Twitter and even earned a meme-worthy status on social media but apparently this new competitor in the gaming scene will indeed hit the market. Importantly, this machine is touted as featuring the world’s first built in chicken chamber to keep its contents hot, ready for consumption.

kfc 1.jpg

kfc 2.jpg kfc 3.jpg kfc 4.jpg kfc 5.jpg

In addition to the patented Chicken Chamber, the KFConsole packs the following gaming specs and features:
  • Intel Nuc 9 Extreme Compute Element
  • Asus powered GPU
  • 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SSDs (said to have PCIe NVMe speeds that are 6× faster)
  • VR-ready
  • Ray tracing
  • Gameplay at up to 240fps for all games
  • 4K display support with up to 240Hz output

‘We all know the console war is vicious, but we’re very confident in the KFConsole as our flagship entry," said Mark Cheevers, PR & Social Media Lead at KFC UK & Ireland, in the press release. "This machine is capable of running games at top-level specs, all on top of keeping your meal warm for you to enjoy during your gaming experience... what’s not to like? If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they’d be welcome to get in touch.’

Details regarding the cost of the KFConsole and its release window weren't made available as part of this announcement. But when (if?) it launches, would you consider buying this gaming device that doesn't want you to game on an empty stomach?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: KFConsole Official Page

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Popeyes fried chicken over KFC. Since they took away the potato wedges the only thing they I like is the chicken tenders but that's it.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few comments - First of all, no graphics card exists that is powerful enough to play the latest games at 4K 240FPS, maybe old games and indies, and most 4K monitors are 120Hz only (there exist some that support 144Hz with DSC but that's it). The current displayport and HDMI standards don't have enough bandwidth anyway. Also, the chicken warmer sounds like a terrible idea. You'd get a huge build up of bread crumbs, oil and condensation inside the machine. Not to mention the smell after a few weeks.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for something to keep my Popeyes chicken warm, so this is tempting.

And on a more serious note, I really want to see what this thing would cost. The Nuc 9 Extreme it uses as a base runs ~1600. Add in the ram, the SSDs, the video card... I can't really see this costing less than $2500.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guts are basically one of those intel NUCs that can operate off of a PCI-E slot, and a custom Asus RTX card meant for the small form factor. No doubt the convection heat is how the chicken is kept warm. :rofl2:

But yeah, it's a console-sized PC. Weird flex on KFC's part, but as such, a lot more feasible than one would think. :gba:

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a few comments - First of all, no graphics card exists that is powerful enough to play the latest games at 4K 240FPS, maybe old games and indies, and most 4K monitors are 120Hz only (there exist some that support 144Hz with DSC but that's it). The current displayport and HDMI standards don't have enough bandwidth anyway. Also, the chicken warmer sounds like a terrible idea. You'd get a huge build up of bread crumbs, oil and condensation inside the machine. Not to mention the smell after a few weeks.
Like other development companies promised haven't promised 4K since the PS4/Xbox One era...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.