Hacking kexploit for switch achieved by plutoo and friends *no release*

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just like everything else once they have some kind of basic homebrew loader for maybe gb/gba they will probably make a release along with whatever private tools they were using at the time so more people can make cool shit. I will be waiting as I have been and hope to see good things from people taking advantage of the hardware.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lucky people on 3.0? Nope. All newer games are using 3.01 encryption. So before we can atleast emulate that, we will be 8-10 months looking in the future.
Just not worth the wait. (for me that is...)

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't get it... Isn't it better to just wait 2 to 3 years before the hacking scene makes a serious effort on any new console?? It's my understanding that if an exploit to run home-brew, backups, etc is accomplished for FW 2.0-3.0, this will allow people to pirate all 10 of Nintendo's Switch games that are out right now. Otherwise, every new game will require a higher firmware that will surely have the 2.0-3.0 hack patched. In addition, hacking things now when there are hardly any games available for the switch only tips Nintendo off to block these exploits asap. Why show Nintendo where their mistakes are? Why not just wait until the game library is much bigger, then start hacking all the vulnerabilities that Nintendo didn't even know about? With this approach, it's likely that vulnerabilities that were on FW 1.0 may very well still be there by the time the switch gets to FW 4, 5, 6 and beyond, along with a much larger game library to exploit.. With these early hack attempts, this just alerts Nintendo to what they have to fix, and each new firmware will be hard and harder to hack as the game library grows.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
1f419.png
1f419.png
1f419.png

Anybody care to guess what this means?
I geuss it's a hint for splatoon 2
You know octopus..ink

Reactions: zoogie

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nha, those devs can't stand the tenctation of being the 1st one to hack Switch, they will release it for sure, thanks to ANONYMOUS' LEAK ofc :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who are complaining about no release - do you guys realize that they're not releasing anything at the time not because they're selfish assholes, but rather because they don't want Nintendo to patch this immediately and, essentially, lose all their work within a few days?

It's inevitable that it'll be patched at some point in time.
But it's already patched?

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get it... Isn't it better to just wait 2 to 3 years before the hacking scene makes a serious effort on any new console?? It's my understanding that if an exploit to run home-brew, backups, etc is accomplished for FW 2.0-3.0, this will allow people to pirate all 10 of Nintendo's Switch games that are out right now...
The hacking scene and this forum are not the same thing. The people doing this stuff are doing it for themselves, not so a bunch of tempers can have warez.

Reactions: InsaneNutter

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Exploit being 3.0.0 is a non issue, don’t need higher firmware for homebrew and emulators.
But you are well aware some people only buy a console once they can get the software for free. So they want basically the Switch to become the new 3DS.

operador7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Great job by Pluto what a legend, I think it's make though splatoon2 too, I believe that in 3 or 4 mouths something big will come up, but just for 3.0.0 or below.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Great job by Pluto what a legend, I think it's make though splatoon2 too, I believe that in 3 or 4 mouths something big will come up, but just for 3.0.0 or below.
Something big will come up for 3.0 or below?? What, so you can pirate the 10 games or so that work on 3.0 or below? Sounds like a waste of time and waiting to me. Maybe in a few years when there is 100+ games on the switch, a hack will be worthwhile then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: