Kernel 1.6+

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by -=:[L]:=-, Dec 16, 2007.

Dec 16, 2007

Kernel 1.6+ by -=:[L]:=- at 10:15 PM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. -=:[L]:=-
    OP

Newcomer -=:[L]:=- Newbie

Mexico
    I kinda need help on upgrading the kernel to 1.6+.
    I downloaded the ez5kernel071031.zip with the moonshl folder & the ez5updlr.bin in it.
    I thought I could just replace all the stuff in my old moonshell folder with the new one & it's extra features but I didn't know what to do with the ez5upldr.bin I'm sure it's important. I've read the instructions on how to upgrade it but I just don't get what they're saying so I though if someone who has already upgraded to teach me how to set it properly.

2. gigermunit

Member gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    put the ez5upldr.bin in the root of ur card then boot ur ds and before the ezv loads completely hold the r button and follow the instructions on the screen

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    After you put all those files on your SD card (and your games too) put the card in the EZ-V and load it in your DS. When you are at the screen on your DS that you choose if you boot into a DS game or a GBA game, hold the R button on the DS and touch the EZ-V icon. You should get a simple black screen with some text. It should say something like "ez5updlr.bin found, press R to upgrade." Press R. It'll go through the upgrade process. When it's done it'll say "press R to enter the loader". Do so. Play a game.

You're done!

4. -=:[L]:=-
    OP

Newcomer -=:[L]:=- Newbie

Mexico
    Thanks a bunch! [​IMG]

Now I can use the new skins!
    Thanks again.