gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, from the stand point of someone arguing that they can't let go of rxtools, carbonik is inferior. These are not power users. They can't comprehend a9lh. Carbonik is an inferior cfw for them. It's not as polished or user friendly. Luma is a superior choice for the mASSES. Besides, what's it to you Gargamel?
What are you even arguing? I never said Luma is inferior. But Corbenik is not inferior to Luma.

What's it to me? You're spouting a ton of nonsense and can't even argue to back it up.

It is not meant to be user-friendly. It IS polished however, with the little bugs it has being addressed quickly.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, from the stand point of someone arguing that they can't let go of rxtools, corbenik is inferior. These are not power users. They can't comprehend a9lh. Corbenik is an inferior cfw for them. It's not as polished or user friendly. Luma is a superior choice for the mASSES. Besides, what's it to you Gargamel?
that's because corbenik is not directed at those users. said users should not even be using corbenik. do you actually know what it is?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am done. Op go a9lh, don't be an idiot. Gargamel and your little sidekack, Carbonik is the wrong choice for most users, because of that it sucks. Don't complicate things again. Luma is where it's at for most users. I know you enjoy crusades but it is truly unnecessary.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I am done. Op go a9lh, don't be an idiot. Gargamel and your little sidekack, Corbenik is the wrong choice for most users, because of that it sucks. Don't complicate things again. Luma is where it's at for most users. I know you enjoy crusades but it is truly unnecessary.
You're very dumb.

1) Corbenik is A9LH-only
2) Corbenik doesn't suck.
3) Learn something, please.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people want to keep using rxtools let them. Don't help anyone who ask about rxtools. Let them spend hours trying to solve a problem that could have been avoidable by using a updated cfw like Luma3ds or Corbenik.

Reactions: Deleted User

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
  • Luma3DS is for Normal Users (Include Noob, Users who don't want to bother to do advance stuff)
  • SaltFW is for Normal Users who doesn't want to config, users don't have to do anythings.
  • Corbenik is for Advance users who want to taking control most of their console features.
If you think the most easier to use CFW is the best, SaltFW should be better than Luma3DS as you don't have to do anythings with it.
And that's make Luma3DS sucks too.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's because corbenik is not directed at those users. said users should not even be using corbenik. do you actually know what it is?

EXACTLY, so in a thread where we are trying to get a NOT SO TECHIE USER off of RXTOOLS why was carbonik even brought up? Because someone had to interject their point of view to be heard. Get over it. OP carbonik sucks, it is too much for someone who wants to just PLAY GAMES. BTW I understand what it is yes.

just because something isn't meant for most users doesn't mean it's bad. where did this logic come from anyway? or are you just trolling at this point like before? (probably)

Trolling like before? lol Ian. You are such a funny girl! You are the troll. We are in a thread about getting a guy to a9lh. You always forget the topic and decide to fight a crusade. Carbonik? Popping up out of no where to fight for a CFW. Lol. It's not about you. Garbage trucks serve a purpose and are great for that purpose but as a truck they suck. Unless you are a garbageman. Who cares that it has a strong frame,engine higher torque etc. It still sucks. It could be brand new but it sucks. Carbonik sucks, unless you are a developer. It sucks. The OP is clearly not a developer. Fight a crusade somewhere else or get on topic.

OP Please! Go A9LH. Go Luma. Follow the guide. You'll be happy.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Crystal the Glaceon maybe yoy should make the text in your signature bigger, so it can be seen easily. People keep missing the WHAT CUSTOM FIRMWARE IS BEST FOR ME idea. :ph34r:

Opinions are personal, please respect them you can agree or disagree, but please do not tell anyone what to do unless they ask for it. Suggestion is different and should clearly be informed weather a statement is a suggestion or not.

Please read her well detailed guide about which cfw you want to use, it simply points out differences to user so they can decide what may be best compatible. :)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXACTLY, so in a thread where we are trying to get a NOT SO TECHIE USER off of RXTOOLS why was carbonik even brought up? Because someone had to interject their point of view to be heard. Get over it. OP carbonik sucks, it is too much for someone who wants to just PLAY GAMES. BTW I understand what it is yes.

Trolling like before? lol Ian. You are such a funny girl! You are the troll. We are in a thread about getting a guy to a9lh. You always forget the topic and decide to fight a crusade. Carbonik? Popping up out of no where to fight for a CFW. Lol. It's not about you. Garbage trucks serve a purpose and are great for that purpose but as a truck they suck. Unless you are a garbageman. Who cares that it has a strong frame,engine higher torque etc. It still sucks. It could be brand new but it sucks. Carbonik sucks, unless you are a developer. It sucks. The OP is clearly not a developer. Fight a crusade somewhere else or get on topic.

the way you're phrasing it makes it sound like corbenik in general sucks. that's what is causing this whole "confusion".

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corbenik sucks, unless you are a developer. It sucks. The OP is clearly not a developer. Fight a crusade somewhere else or get on topic.
power user=dev now? noted. there's no reason to say that corbenik sucks. it's not for the people that only want to have a cfw installed and never touch it again, but that doesn't mean it is inferior in any way. your logic is flawed on a fundamental level if you think that having more options makes corbenik bad in some way.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Not really. It doesn't "suck". It does what it does just fine. As said before, it is a developer/power-user CFW. Doesn't mean it sucks, regardless of who is using it. Not to mention it's almost obvious that the OP is probably trolling.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Luma3DS is for Normal Users (Include Noob, Users who don't want to bother to do advance stuff)
  • SaltFW is for Normal Users who doesn't want to config, users don't have to do anythings.
  • Corbenik is for Advance users who want to taking control most of their console features.
If you think the most easier to use CFW is the best, SaltFW should be better than Luma3DS as you don't have to do anythings with it.
And that's make Luma3DS sucks too.

IMHO I like Luma better than salt for regular users. I have installed all 3 CFW's mentioned here on several 3ds's. Luma is LEASE HASSEL and with starupdater It's easy for noobs to maintain. Salt is okay too. Easy. My friends all seem happier on Luma. I get less phone calls asking for help anyway.

@Crystal the Glaceon maybe yoy should make the text in your signature bigger, so it can be seen easily. People keep missing the WHAT CUSTOM FIRMWARE IS BEST FOR ME idea. :ph34r:
Opinions are personal, please respect them you can agree or disagree, but please do not tell anyone what to do unless they ask for it. Suggestion is different and should clearly be informed weather a statement is a suggestion or not.
Please read her well detailed guide about which cfw you want to use, it simply points out differences to user so they can decide what may be best compatible. :)

^^^ Politics. So what. People. No offence,but stop trying to make a security blanket out of GBA Temp. Go to Tumblr. If you can't have a frank discussion about video games there is something wrong. There are politics and feelings involved with a CFW selection?? Do you feel bad for carbonik That must be all you because the CFW doesn;t give a fuck! :) Leave it at home.

Op, Go AL9H, Go Luma, you'll be glad you did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not really. It doesn't "suck". It does what it does just fine. As said before, it is a developer/power-user CFW. Doesn't mean it sucks, regardless of who is using it. Not to mention it's almost obvious that the OP is probably trolling.

Carbonik IS a bad choice for noobs and people like the OP are not involved and proactive. Luma is a good noob solution. I have installed CFW and AL9H on a ton of consoles. I lost track last year at 52. I am guessing I am over 100 now. Most of them are friend's or friends of friends. I get far more people reaching out to me for help for carbonk than salt and luma combined. To be fair I never liked salt, Only put it on a couple systems. removing options feels like a crippling to me. So is adding unnecessary features. Carbonik if full of unnecessary features, unless you are a dev type the befits are nil. Carbinik is to luma what a garbage truck is to an escalade as far as noobs are concerned. Therefore it sucks. At least in this instance, for the real purpose of the thread.

Lets see another of you SJW trolls try to tell me I can't have an opinion and preach carbonik acceptance. Seriously! Get a grip.

Last edited by mikefor20,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
IMHO I like Luma better than salt for regular users. I have installed all 3 CFW's mentioned here on several 3ds's. Luma is LEASE HASSEL and with starupdater It's easy for noobs to maintain. Salt is okay too. Easy. My friends all seem happier on Luma. I get less phone calls asking for help anyway.
No. Since SaltFW doesn't need config, doesn't need update, make your 3DS look more like regular 3DS.
SaltFW is better for regular Noob users.

I use the same theory as yourself, something more advance or need config = suck.
Since Luma3DS is need 1st run config, compare to SaltFW, Luma3DS is suck.
The same way you telling people Corbenik suck because it's more advance or need config.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Since SaltFW doesn't need config, doesn't need update, make your 3DS look more like regular 3DS.
SaltFW is better for regular Noob users.

I use the same theory as yourself, something more advance or need config = suck.
Since Luma3DS is need 1st run config, compare to SaltFW, Luma3DS is suck.
The same way you telling people Corbenik suck because it's more advance or need config.

No. Salt is not as good if people want to run custom smash and things like that, also having a modded look is preferable to most people unless they are trying to pretend they are not pirates. And updating is good. I like added stability and features. Most people agree unless they are just trolling to say "NO " like nechigwara

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No. Salt is not as good if people want to run custom smash and things like that, also having a modded look is preferable to most people unless they are trying to pretend they are not pirates. And updating is good. I like added stability and features. Most people agree unless they are just trolling to say "NO " like nechigwara
Yeah, I'm trolling you the same way you trolling people who try to tell you that CFW that more advance than Luma3DS doesn't "suck".
I agree with you that Corbenik is not noob-friendly, but too advance for noob doesn't make it suck. It has it's own good point.
That's why I'm pointing to you that if the more noob-friendly the better, the more advance is suck. SaltFW is far superior.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right custom splash and things like that make people happy. I know I like them. There is a one time set up in Luma. And I can walk people through it. If something happens no worries. Luma is better I get less complaints. The added capabilities in carbonik are not fun or really useful to average user. I am talking people who can't even install a cfw, or a9lh. More advanced for no good is potentially a problem. I have done tech support for over a decade. The shit people do amazes me. The options Luma has over Salt are fun and somewhat useful. The only people I know who like salt better ,in real life, are people who are trying to pass it off as unmodded. I.e. phonies. Most of the people I have talked to and delt with like splash screens and custom text and thigs like that. They like breaking the rules and customizing things they were told they cant by ninty. I know you can understand that. AL9H is the way to go cause it has actual brick protection, it's faster and yada yada yada. The OP seems noobish enough that I doubt carbonik would befeit him. No offence OP but you don't sound like someone who like to tweak things too much and I have seen people have issues with carbonik. Maybe that stuff is old and patched. I don't know. In my experience, and I have a bit, for a noobie carbonik sucks. Perhaps I should say this to make the ladies happy.

OP If you want to lie to people and tell them you paid for all the games and hide it from your parents, use SaltFW with A9LH

If you want a fun experience and want the bells and whistle while still keeping it noob friendly, go Luma. with A9LH

IF you want to experiment and have full control, go carbonik

It's your personal choice,lol, I don't mean to Disrespect your feelings.I don't want to upset the Software Justice Warriors. Please GET OFF RXTOOLS, go to A9LH and from the looks of it, don't go with carbonik, for you, it sucks.

There you go ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: