Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It blows my mind that people actually think OP is serious

I don't really truly care. I am tired of SJW divas throwing inappropriate suggestions just to complicate things and make themselves feel more important. All I was saying is I was talking to the op, serious or not. The OP comes off as a noob so I say Go A9LH and Luma. Great advice. Then people wanna throw carbonik out there and salt to confuse the issue because in real life they are confused and have issues. Thats all I was saying. And Carbonik does suck. Don't tell a noob to install it. I mean really. You want your first car to be a monster truck? Monster trucks are great but they SUCK if you want to commute. That's what I was saying. OP be dammned.

Last edited by mikefor20,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I don;t really truly care. I am tired of SWJ divas throwing inappropriate suggestions just to complicate things and make themselves feel more important. All I was saying is I was talking to the op, serious or not. The OP comes off as a noob so I say Go A9LH and Luma. Great advice. Then people wanna throw carbonik out there and salt to confuse the issue because in real life they are confused and have issues. Thats all I was saying. And Carbonik does suck. Don't tell a noob to install it. I mean really. You want your first car to be a monster truck? Monster trucks are great but they SUCK if you want to commute. That's what I was saying. OP be dammned.

1) Nobody threw anything. Not only this is a troll topic, I merely said "Corbenik is love".
2) "And Corbenik does suck." This is completely wrong. Saying it is not appropriate for noobs is one thing. Saying just, "it sucks", is a stupid, objective evaluation.

Not to mention your analogy is inappropriate. Corbenik works as well as Luma for a daily driver CFW. It just requires initial configuration ....

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right custom splash and things like that make people happy. I know I like them. There is a one time set up in Luma. And I can walk people through it. If something happens no worries. Luma is better I get less complaints. The added capabilities in carbonik are not fun or really useful to average user. I am talking people who can't even install a cfw, or a9lh. More advanced for no good is potentially a problem. I have done tech support for over a decade. The shit people do amazes me. The options Luma has over Salt are fun and somewhat useful. The only people I know who like salt better ,in real life, are people who are trying to pass it off as unmodded. I.e. phonies. Most of the people I have talked to and delt with like splash screens and custom text and thigs like that. They like breaking the rules and customizing things they were told they cant by ninty. I know you can understand that. AL9H is the way to go cause it has actual brick protection, it's faster and yada yada yada. The OP seems noobish enough that I doubt carbonik would befeit him. No offence OP but you don't sound like someone who like to tweak things too much and I have seen people have issues with carbonik. Maybe that stuff is old and patched. I don't know. In my experience, and I have a bit, for a noobie carbonik sucks. Perhaps I should say this to make the ladies happy.

OP If you want to lie to people and tell them you paid for all the games and hide it from your parents, use SaltFW with A9LH

If you want a fun experience and want the bells and whistle while still keeping it noob friendly, go Luma. with A9LH

IF you want to experiment and have full control, go carbonik

It's your personal choice,lol, I don't mean to Disrespect your feelings.I don't want to upset the Software Justice Warriors. Please GET OFF RXTOOLS, go to A9LH and from the looks of it, don't go with carbonik, for you, it sucks.

There you go ladies.
I'd like to point out a few things...
1. every mention of corbenik in this thread was just shitposting (just like most of the other messages)
2. if you have to help someone setup corbenik, they shouldn't be considering it
3. the people here who mentioned corbenik know what they are doing
4. luma is designed for noobs and normal people specifically

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

1) Nobody threw anything. Not only this is a troll topic, I merely said "Corbenik is love".
2) "And Corbenik does suck." This is completely wrong. Saying it is not appropriate for noobs is one thing. Saying just, "it sucks", is a stupid, objective evaluation.

Not to mention your analogy is inappropriate. Corbenik works as well as Luma for a daily driver CFW. It just requires initial configuration ....
Sorry that my attempt to explain it to him the same way he did not working at all......

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. better cfw are out that are still being worked on and have patches for all the newest firmwares and exploits.

2. if you still want rxtools's extra features/tools, use decrypt9 to get those AND more

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You merely tried to confuse the issue and make it yours. A common theme. Carbonik sucks. Luma is a better choice. One minute it's everyone has a right to their opinion and next it's everyone has that right but you? Make up your mind Software Justice Warrior. Saying an opinion sucks because it's not yours is a stupid objective evalution. And Carbonik gets more people calling me asking to fix their machine. And that SUCKS. Damn divas just want to argue. Back to the OP. Serious or not. Human or not.

GO AL9H WITH LUMA

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use rxtools everyday
a465e414c745bc7ce6e2f953369e3bca.gif

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You merely tried to confuse the issue and make it yours. A common theme. Carbonik sucks. Luma is a better choice. One minute it's everyone has a right to their opinion and next it's everyone has that right but you? Make up your mind Software Justice Warrior. Saying an opinion sucks because it's not yours is a stupid objective evalution. And Carbonik gets more people calling me asking to fix their machine. And that SUCKS. Damn divas just want to argue. Back to the OP. Serious or not. Human or not.

GO AL9H WITH LUMA
Do you know what an "objective evaluation" is? Saying "The sky is blue" is stating a fact, an objective statement. Saying "I think the sky is blue" is a subjective statement, you're stating your belief. Saying "This is better for noobs" is not saying "The other sucks." .

You're the self-contradicting one here. Learn to argue, and learn to read.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to point out a few things...
1. every mention of corbenik in this thread was just shitposting (just like most of the other messages) <--Especially the first mention of Carbonik where everything got off track.
2. if you have to help someone setup corbenik, they shouldn't be considering it<--exactly
3. the people here who mentioned corbenik know what they are doing<-- So do I and the OP obviously doesn't
4. luma is designed for noobs and normal people specifically<--EXACTLY

Gargamel,

I speak 3 languages. How many do you know? Smurf doesn't count. Why do you keep feeling the need to talk.

Last edited by mikefor20,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You seem not to understand that this whole thread is a shitpost, and the "first mention of Corbenik" wasn't telling anyone to use it.

You also seem not to know what you're doing, unlike what you say.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

GO AL9H WITH LUMA
Nobody suggest OP to install Corbenik, as @ih8ih8sn0w said, all Corbenink mention include mine is shit post.
Also.....
This allows for much greater flexibility than Cakes, while working with near anything like Luma/ReiNAND. Corbenik is mainly intended for developers, power users and control freaks, not newbies. It is highly experimental, and may not work correctly in all cases.

If you don't know your way around the 3DS (or computers), chances are this isn't for you. I strongly recommend people use Luma3DS if they want something foolproof and simple. There's nothing wrong with Luma - Corbenik just has the exact opposite design goals.
Why the hell did you install Corbenik to the users who can't even do their own A9LH?

Last edited by nechigawara,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Nobody suggest OP to install Corbenink, as @ih8ih8sn0w said, all Corbenink mention include mine is shit post.
Also.....

Why the hell did you install Corbenink to the users who can't even do their own A9LH?
y u mistyping the name of Corbenik too :( I cri evritim

Reactions: nechigawara

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These "people" always want to come on a and complicate everything. Make issues where there aren't any and wag the dog. Pointing out spelling mistakes and the like is ridiculous. I am not heated. I think this is hilarious.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you know what an "objective evaluation" is? Saying "The sky is blue" is stating a fact, an objective statement. Saying "I think the sky is blue" is a subjective statement, you're stating your belief. Saying "This is better for noobs" is not saying "The other sucks." .

You're the self-contradicting one here. Learn to argue, and learn to read.
Please don't argue with that guy. It's not worth wasting your time, trust me.
Also this thread hasn't prove anything more than dangers of CFW fanboyism.

D

Deleted User

For the record (idk how many times people have sead something like this) Luma is a pretty easy process for menuhax+emunand users since all you have to do is drag and drop certant files into the sd card and create the luma folder.With this setup,you keep all your stuff from your current emunand that you had from rxtools and you keep your 3ds safe from future updates.The creator of luma makes constant updates to the cfw so you should be safe from threats.

Now a9lh is indeed the best option and better alternative to menuhax through the facts that get constantly provided here but for new users I recommend taking your time,read the guide for about a week and study it before following the steps in the guide.This isn't a race so stick to menuhax if needed but switch to luma on your emunand and stay there for as long as you need to,but atleast consider reading the guide for a9lh and consider switching over to that aswell.

Last edited by ,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...