Just want homebrew. Are these new hacks still interesting?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kedest, Dec 31, 2015.

1. kedest
    OP

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I just want to run homebrew, do these new hacks offer any kind of advantage?
    I have a N3DS running on 9.5.0.22E. Menuhax is installed (installed through Ninjhax, I still have the cartridge). I'm using it to run RetroArch. In fact, that's the reason why I replaced my old 3DS by a N3DS. A portable emulator machine!
    I have absolutely zero interest in running pirated 3DS roms or eShop titles. I have legal DS and 3DS cartridges and want to be able to keep playing them.
    Do all of these new hack developments have anything to offer to me? Can I perhaps run those CIA versions of the retroarch cores (they're supposed to be faster, right?)

2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Well, once they work, you'll be able to have an emuNAND. It doesn't only mean piracy (which you said you don't care about).

It also means that you'll have a firmware updated to the latest (to use the eShop or latest games with new anti piracy checks and that need newer firmwares) BUT still convenient homebrew methods (you'll still have menuhax on your sysNAND even though it will probably be patched on the firmware your emuNAND will be on).

Plus as you said the cia versions of programs made by users for better speed or convenience.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  3. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    no u cant run the CIA's with out a 9.20 3DS or CW and it homebrew can download downgrade games from e-shop like iron fall and play and make romhacks of games you have in e-shop or card hope that helps :D

4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Kernel means dynarec. That means faster emulation.

5. Deletable_Man

Deletable_Man Old Man

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    Also more access to homebrew by the general public means more interest means more homebrew gets developed. Look how dead this place got when most of the exploits had dried up.

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    there are other advantages to cfw besides piracy in my opinion you should read up on NTR cfw it was designed for non piracy use [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.