Just want clarification for my purchase

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by keke_keke, Jan 22, 2011.

Jan 22, 2011
  1. keke_keke
    OP

Member keke_keke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase an Acekard 2i.

I'm using a DSiXL with version 1.4E firmware installed. That's fine?

I'm planning on buying from this site:
    http://www.gamesuperway.com/index.php?main...8fojdp1pg8hsjs3

I have no way to read MicroSDs at the moment, and I don't have a MicroSD either, so this package seems to suit me. I live in Europe and this site seems to give free delivery @ 5-15 days, which seems good to me. Is €35 a good price for the lot do you think? The last time I bought anything was a G6 years ago, there seemed to be more sites willing to sell them back then, so I'm stuck for where to get my Acekard.

Thanks for any help!

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    There are clone acekards going around.Try a trusted store like Lightake it can take 2-3 weeks to arrive but you are guaranteed a real acekard and at a MUCH cheaper price [​IMG]

3. keke_keke
    OP

United States
    XD, you just saved me a TON of cash. Thanks for the pseudo-link!

4. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    leetmod.com is a trustworthy website that I recommend buying from. They sell legit cards, are located in the US, and you receive your order in a decent time frame (no 2-3 weeks).

5. xChuchx

Newcomer xChuchx Newbie

United States
    realhotstuff.com is a good site as well

6. bjorno

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Lol 35 euros man from your site.. DO NOT buy from that side @OP. They are RIPPING you off. Its NOT more than 20 euros..

7. keke_keke
    OP

United States
    My bargain finding techniques are pretty bad, but I was just thinking that it would be worth the money. I settled on Lightake in the end, it seemed to come out the cheapest in euros. Got Acekard 2i, MicroSD reader and a 4GB MicroSD for €20. Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Just to re-clarify, 1.4 E is good firmware right?

8. bjorno

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Good? You probably mean if it is compatible. Well, don't be scared when you get an error when you use it because I doubt lightake preflashes carts. You have to flash the newest firmware on it to get it to work. And that is ONLY possible on a DS LITE or DS PHAT.

9. keke_keke
    OP

United States
    I mean compatible yeah. Nintendo definitely doesn't give us quality firmware lol. So basically, it'll work, but if I get an error all I have to do is put it into one of my friend's DSLs?

10. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    In the past RealHotStuff has knowingly sold fake AceKard2is (Which I think turned out to be clone 2.1s with the 1.4 update forced onto them).
    Then they lied to many people about them being fake when confronted about them, calling them a 'bad batch'.
    Then they said that Team AceKard would be releasing an update to fix them, which wouldn't happen as they weren't real AceKards.

If you think this is an acceptable way for a business to act, go ahead and buy from them.