Hacking just updated to 3.3j

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, ive just updated tpo 3.3j, what are the drawbacks, ive just tried a truca wii language patched game which i belive is truca signed but it still works.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have a Jap wii?

If you do, then the only drawback is that trucha discs can only be run by gecko OS (not normally).

If you have a PAL wii then you might have more serious problems.

However both of these can be solved if necessary.

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, its a jap wii. Was trying to work out if it was connected via wifi when i must have clicked to download the update.

Apart from the truca situation, which doesnt bother me if they can be run by gecko , as i have installed the homebrew channel. are there any major differences?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Mii OS has been updated, but that's about all.

The only real change is that the system menu boots with IOS37 - so no more trucha. The only real downside of this that I see, is if you install a WAD with a bad banner - and 'banner brick'... with 3.2 you could make an auto booting disc with wad manager on it (and trucha sign it), boot that, remove the wad.. and you're safe.

In 3.3 you can't.

To be safe for this - make sure you have the twilight hack (new, beta, 3.3 friendly version) savegame on your wii before installing any suspect wads. Then you can make an auto-boot copy of zelda, and run homebrew through twilight hack to fix your mess.

Personally - I am just very weary of which WADs I install on my wii. If possible, I just run things via the Homebrew channel.

Plusses for running 3.3..... Less likely to brick/semi-brick your wii from out-of-region updates on discs in the future.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
The only real change is that the system menu boots with IOS37

No, it doesn't. When you install 3.3, the IOS used previously (I believe it's IOS 30 or 31) is still used, but it is patched so that it no longer has the signing bug.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
Mii OS has been updated, but that's about all.

The only real change is that the system menu boots with IOS37 - so no more trucha. The only real downside of this that I see, is if you install a WAD with a bad banner - and 'banner brick'... with 3.2 you could make an auto booting disc with wad manager on it (and trucha sign it), boot that, remove the wad.. and you're safe.

In 3.3 you can't.

To be safe for this - make sure you have the twilight hack (new, beta, 3.3 friendly version) savegame on your wii before installing any suspect wads. Then you can make an auto-boot copy of zelda, and run homebrew through twilight hack to fix your mess.

Personally - I am just very weary of which WADs I install on my wii. If possible, I just run things via the Homebrew channel.

Plusses for running 3.3..... Less likely to brick/semi-brick your wii from out-of-region updates on discs in the future.
to be safe if you dont have a chip, install starfall + twilight hack so you can autoboot zelda.

StuMcBill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Joey90 said:
Do you have a Jap wii?

If you do, then the only drawback is that trucha discs can only be run by gecko OS (not normally).

If you have a PAL wii then you might have more serious problems.

However both of these can be solved if necessary.

I have a PAL Wii with 3.3E update and I havent had any problems?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you can still run Trucha discs through Gecko OS. Or you can use Menuloader to force the system menu to use IOS36, which can still run Trucha discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...