Just to clarify does this mean my 3DS repair is free?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Wombo Combo, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Wombo Combo
    OP

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Few places I searched gave me the impression it is free but wanted to make sure. And does anyone know what (BA) ASSY F CTR means?

[​IMG]

2. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, I'd assume if it wasn't free, the ADJ (adjustment) pricing wouldn't be on there.

Other than that, I think BA stands for the Blue Aqua (is that what you had?), ASSY I think is Assembly, not sure about F, and CTR is just an identifier for the 3DS.

3. Wombo Combo
    OP

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Thanks do you know when they usually do repairs with warranties do they replace the system or just fix the problem. This one I got from a friend and the touch screen is scratched kinda bad do they replace that also or leave it as is.

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    They leave it as is. They are known to only fix issues that happen on their part, rather than a scratched screen which is the user's fault.

5. Chocolina

Member Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Like Devin said...

Unless the touch screen is damaged by a short on the board or something, they really don't do much of anything even though their customer service brags about it being "a full service repair, our engineers look over every little thing blah blah"

Problem is that most NDS - 3DS problems , if they're not repeatable, will go unnoticed. Like if your shoulder buttons are giving you hell but not them, then they don't do anything about it.

6. Gettwobirdsstone

Member Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Canada
    My was non-repeating, but they just replaced with a refurbished one. It was really cool, cause it was an ambassador 3ds. Free games it Nintendo's expense. The problem was the hing being really loose after ten days of minimal use.