just stating the obious but there sure are a ton of modchips on aliexpress these days...

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and nobody's being sued by Nintendo over it. Appears that gary opa was just in a bad spot, with little money and was a skapegoat for Nintendo for anti-piracy, anti-circumvention of copy protection, and all that. I can literally buy a modchip off aliexpress for under $15 shipped to my door within 15 days and gary bowser had to suffer all that time in the jail system whilst getting US tax payer paid room and board for the entire duration.

crazy world this is. if anyone gets in "trouble" over a RP modchip on aliexpress, it'd just be a literal slap on the wrist in the Chinese court system and send the seller on his/her (usually her from what it appears) way back home.

I think Gary got the short end of the stick to be truthful.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If Tencent want. They can remove all modchips tomorrow. Why d you think all SX modchips disappeared? Tencent together with Nintendo said "enough is enough". Rumors still have it, that a warehouse of SX chips are still available but no one dear to touch them.

Gary was the PR and the delivery guy using his company O.P.A. to sell the chips via.
He also didn't keep updated about the US law and Dominican Republican law. He could have leave DR long before this happened.

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find it funny that after I left MaxConsole for a little bit and ordered a couple SX Core Chips, the fed found out VERY fast and confiscated them from DHL. All I ended up doing was a chargeback. ROFL. got my money back. I never got a letter from the US customs about them taking my package and destroying it but I know for a fact that is exactly what they did with it.

I was actually going to do an SX Core review for MaxConsole because oddly nobody else did one. But the rest is history know. I do wish MaxConsole and their other sites were still around. I used to regularly visit them.

Gbatemp has massively improved over time though, a lot of good folk here now.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
There are people on this board will happily post that Gary "deserved it" while they continue pirating everything on their hacked devices.
I said a similar thing on another thread when someone posted "if you can't afford the fine, don't do the crime" when referring to GB

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just assuming here but maybe it’s because modchips require installation, SX Pro was just easy, maybe Nintendo is seeing a lot less piracy with the chips and revised motherboards. Again, just assuming, maybe they just wanted to go after someone to make a point.

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are people on this board will happily post that Gary "deserved it" while they continue pirating everything on their hacked devices.
truth to that. if Gary really deserved it, was he the developer? did he even sell the chips? heh. looks like they busted the WRONG GUY. and now there's a literal plethora of chips on the cheap. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof