Gaming Just replaced top screen of my DSL

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After I replaced my top screen of my DSL with a new one. And I finished up and turned it back on, sound was working, touch screen was working. Bottem screen was working, all buttons were working, microphone/speakers were working BUT! Geuss what, my top screen is all white. Why? How are the speakers (which are attached to the ribbon cable of the top screen) working and the top screen itself only showing a white screen? What could be the problem? Faulty screen? Or the connection between the top and the motherboard?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well. DS boots, so it´s maybe a faulty screen. You might want to triple-check the flex ribbon connection, for both motherboard socket and upper screen cable fitting correctly.

Let´s say: A faulty ribbon flex won´t make your DS boot, you´ll just get a blinking white screen followed by a fast & complete shutdown.

Here´s a tip: When you replace the upper screen, cover both sides of the ribbon flex with 3M scotch to get better flexibility & less risk of damaging the cable flex, because it means a dead screen.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a brand new screen O_0 I am sure I also did not damage anything during the process. So basically check the connection between top screen ribbon's cable and the mothorboard?

All I get is a blank top screen, bottom screen works perfectly...

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
haddad said:
It's a brand new screen O_0 I am sure I also did not damage anything during the process. So basically check the connection between top screen ribbon's cable and the mothorboard?
Sounds like the Top screen isn't quite connected correctly so yes just double check the connection between the top screen and mobo.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
haddad said:

All I get is a blank top screen, bottom screen works perfectly...

Well.. are you sure you fitted the flex correctly? Doing some experiments in the past, I noticed DS won´t turn on if there´s not a screen properly plugged. It would be a good idea to ask for a LCD replacement now.

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as everyone else suggests you should chk the ribbon connection first, if you are sure that is connected properly then the next thing u should do is take the battery cover off, now either side of the screw hole are two holes inside those holes is a tiny screw which is an adjustment for the top n bottom screens, i cant remember which screw is for which screen but give them a slight turn n see if that makes any difference, leave your ds powered on while u are doin so, so u can see the screen adjustment

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
phoenix1234 said:
as everyone else suggests you should chk the ribbon connection first, if you are sure that is connected properly then the next thing u should do is take the battery cover off, now either side of the screw hole are to holes inside those holes is a tiny screw which is an adjustment for the top n bottom screens, i cant remember which screw is for which screen but give them a slight turn n see if that makes any difference, leave your ds powered on while u are doin so, so u can see the screen adjustment

You´re correct. There´s a screw located inside the motherboard which let you adjust the LCD screen. I remember it´d fix refresh rate/color of both screens--

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coto said:
phoenix1234 said:
as everyone else suggests you should chk the ribbon connection first, if you are sure that is connected properly then the next thing u should do is take the battery cover off, now either side of the screw hole are to holes inside those holes is a tiny screw which is an adjustment for the top n bottom screens, i cant remember which screw is for which screen but give them a slight turn n see if that makes any difference, leave your ds powered on while u are doin so, so u can see the screen adjustment

You´re correct. There´s a screw located inside the motherboard which let you adjust the LCD screen. I remember it´d fix refresh rate/color of both screens--

really? which screw is that? And how does a screw affect the top screen?

And why would I order a new screen. THe one I just installed is brand new.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
haddad said:
And why would I order a new screen. THe one I just installed is brand new.

Because, I´ve bought a few DS lite screens, and 1 of them usually comes with manufacturer faults/dead pixels/dead. If the calibration screw didn´t work for you, then it´s because of this. Or, you could simply get a dead NDS lite and replace some parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up