Hacking JUST ORDERED A VITA!!!! Need some help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...not sure about that one, but I found that smb 1.0 screws up qcma. this is from testing on windows 10. windows 7 uses this which is why I asked. 8.1 might also. it has security loopholes and isn't enabled by default in window 10 for that reason.

Reactions: WOOO1234

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, yeah, it won't work without an account. the account id seems to be how the cma id is determined. otherwise, I believe it would be all 0s. I once changed my cma id in the registry to all 0s. it worked, but it forced me to format the memory card.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my vita registers in qcma, and on my vita im in content manager now, in the copy content. now im stuck on the final-he part. it says waiting for connection to ps vita

Last edited by WOOO1234,

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys for all your help I got my vita hacked. only thing left is to setup my sd2vita/microSD card, and learn how to get games and apps. also anything anybody suggest getting for homebrew apps or games?

Reactions: WeedZ

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
thanks guys for all your help I got my vita hacked. only thing left is to setup my sd2vita/microSD card, and learn how to get games and apps. also anything anybody suggest getting for homebrew apps or games?
Congrats.

NoNpDrm is the plugin that runs backups. I'd recommend using NoNpDrm versions for any games you may want. Use NPS Browser for that; it automatically downloads and extracts the files from the .PKGs you select. Afterwards you just need to copy said files to your Vita using Vitashell (via USB or FTP, your choice). I'd say you stay away from Maidumps, though. While they work, some of them may present issues for being bad dumps (sure, there are a lot of people athat can confirm a certain dump works, but the advantage that NoNpDrm has is that it's a fact that the PKG hasn't been tampered with).

Vita Storagemgr is a must if you are going to use SD2Vita. It can mount any of the mount points to any location you want. This is the plugin that will let you use your SD2Vita as ux0: for any Vita games you may want to use with NoNpDrm, for example.

Vitacheat is another nice plugin. Use this if you want cheats on your games. There's a thread here where a lot of awesome users share with us their findings for various games.

rePatch Redux is yet another cool plugin that makes possible to use custom DLC and patches for certain games. From translation patches to custom DLCs made by someone. Of course, this may vary from game to game, but there are a lot of famous titles that get an UNDUB version, a translation or a DLC patch. Examples are Persona 4 Golden, Phantasy Star Nova/Online 2, FFX-2 and some others I can't remember right now.

Vita Savemgr is a plugin that can make raw backups of your Vita save files. It organizes them in their respective folders and it also supports multiple slots (around 10 for each game). This is really useful if you want to mess with the save files, use a save editor, have another backup of your save files directly on your Vita and the like.

pngshot is a plugin that replaces the vanilla screenshot feature. It doesn't produce the crappy screenshots that have a "watermark" from the game and the pics that it takes are .PNG ones, which are better than the .JPEG ones that the Vita normally takes.

Adrenaline is a .VPK file you install from Vitashell (it's not a plugin) that turns your Vita into a PSP, basically. Pretty nice.

And a lot more that you will eventually find and try. Good luck. :)

Last edited by RikuNoctis,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I highly suggest nonpdrm and pkgj

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks corpseflower for that amazon ill do that tomorrow. so im at the point I have vitashell,hencore,vita homebrew browser adrenaline. stuck few places

1. adrenaline I couldn't finish configure because I had no tai folder in the uxo folder

2. I did the setup for my sd2vita and i think I messed up(storagemgr.txt I took 2 lines out.) when I did it the way I did content manager sees I have a 128gbsdcard 119gb its shows, but doesn't say any is free. so im assuming I did something wrong. also after I setup sd2vita it messed up my apps, got error c-36555 or something. (so I shut it down and then took sd2vita out rebooted and everything works so I need help lol.

so these are the next things I need help with please and thank you. thanks for the patience!!!!!!

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thanks corpseflower for that amazon ill do that tomorrow. so im at the point I have vitashell,hencore,vita homebrew browser adrenaline. stuck few places

1. adrenaline I couldn't finish configure because I had no tai folder in the uxo folder

2. I did the setup for my sd2vita and i think I messed up(storagemgr.txt I took 2 lines out.) when I did it the way I did content manager sees I have a 128gbsdcard 119gb its shows, but doesn't say any is free. so im assuming I did something wrong. also after I setup sd2vita it messed up my apps, got error c-36555 or something. (so I shut it down and then took sd2vita out rebooted and everything works so I need help lol.

so these are the next things I need help with please and thank you. thanks for the patience!!!!!!
The error when trying to launch apps is because you didn't copy the contents from the original ux0 to the SD card before enabling the plugin. Also, you shouldn't need the plugin for adrenaline. But any plugins you install should be on ur0:tai. If the tai folder doesn't exist just create it.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o. so whats the best advice then? lol I thought that might be the case. just was getting confused with all the different memory hahaha.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
o. so whats the best advice then? lol I thought that might be the case. just was getting confused with all the different memory hahaha.
Sorry for the delay, I'm at work. Start hencore without the SD adapter. That should revert back to using the memory stick as ux0 if you used storagemgr. Then open vita shell and use either ftp or USB to copy everything from ux0 to your PC. Then put the SD card in your PC and copy it all over. Then you should be able to restart the vita with the sd2vita adapter and have your apps working.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall try that and let you know, also curious im going from stock 1gb memory on the vita itself to sdcard?(way u mentioned?)

Last edited by WOOO1234,

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I shall try that and let you know, also curious im going from stock 1gb memory on the vita itself to sdcard?(way u mentioned?)
What I'm saying is, anything installed on that memory card won't be accessible when you switch to the SD. That's why your apps don't work. So vita shell was installed to ux0 when it was the memory card. You setup a fresh SD and redirected ux0 to it. So when you go to launch vita shell it looks in ux0 but its not there. You see what I mean? That's why you need to copy everything from the memory card to the SD. ur0 is a system directory. To keep the same thing from happening with the plugins you want to put them there and not ux0.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the guide im following im stuck this part
Section III - Modifying Plugin Config

so its for adrenaline and it says go to ux0 tai, and I edit the config.txt(add a line to it).

so from what ive read I should be doing it in the ur0 tai, and adding a line to that config.txt???
if not then should I create a tai folder in ux0 and copy config.txt and add a new line to the ux0 config.txt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya