Hacking Just got switch. how to run emulators?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Can I then use Switch game ISOs to play on it? Already bought more than 10 Switch physical/digital games but they are kinda pricey. And the Switch online subscription is killing my interest to play online (I'd only play once a month online on MK8D anyway).

Thanks.
You can play XCIs only with SX OS. But you can convert XCIs to NSPs (which ca be installed on any CFW with sigpatches).

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

You can play XCIs only with SX OS. But you can convert XCIs to NSPs (which ca be installed on any CFW with sigpatches).
Sorry, can you please clarify what all of that means?

I know what SX OS and CFW is but not the rest of it (I assume sigpatch is to patch a file). Thanks.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry, can you please clarify what all of that means?

I know what SX OS and CFW is but not the rest of it (I assume sigpatch is to patch a file). Thanks.
XCI = game card image (.3ds on 3ds)
NSP = eshop game image thus installable (.cia on 3ds)
Sigpatches allow CFWs to patch signatures and allow you to installed unsigned/unowned stuff.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly when you do have a switch that can run payloads .. the very first thing you will want to do is a full backup and get your consoles system keys.. incase something goes bad you can fix your switch,, if you dont make a backup first, your gonna be wishing you did when something goes wrong...

Also

ok the easiest way to go to recovery is by using tin foil, its on youtube. I was able to get into recovery, Guess what i dont have a usb type c cable .Nintendo usb type c cable is with adapter.:(

Buys a 300 euro switch and jams tinfoil in the side :blink:

I hate this tinfoil method, and im sure Ashura will show up and say its the best thing ever and safe...

Perfectly safe my dude

Yep i was right...

The tinfoil method may work, but is prob the worse method...
all methods have there risks but the tinfoil has to be the worst, besides the screwdriver method who the fck does that anyway...

In all cases if you make contact with pin 4 for too long on the joycon rail you could potentially brick or damage your switch and or charging your joycons...
Buy a jig or use a paperclip,, these have more strength to them then a piece of tinfoil.

Now let the hate be sent to me haha

Reactions: -----a and danny08

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I hate this tinfoil method, and im sure Ashura will show up and say its the best thing ever and safe...

Yep i was right...
That's why I stopped telling people about it. There will always be this one guy/group which for who it works no problem.
I get it guys (mainly Ashura), but it can be the most dangerous method none the less.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Kafluke

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly when you do have a switch that can run payloads .. the very first thing you will want to do is a full backup and get your consoles system keys.. incase something goes bad you can fix your switch,, if you dont make a backup first, your gonna be wishing you did when something goes wrong...

Also

Yep i was right...

all methods have there risks but the tinfoil has to be the worst, besides the screwdriver method who the fck does that anyway...

In all cases if you make contact with pin 4 for too long on the joycon rail you could potentially brick or damage your switch and or charging your joycons...
Buy a jig or use a paperclip,, these have more strength to them then a piece of tinfoil.

I think the excitement of "ooh lets haxor it" gets the better of people, reminds me of when your parents tell you to take care of your things, just complete disregard of that statement in this case

Reactions: Canna
S

Saiyan Lusitano

XCI = game card image (.3ds on 3ds)
NSP = eshop game image thus installable (.cia on 3ds)
Sigpatches allow CFWs to patch signatures and allow you to installed unsigned/unowned stuff.
Thanks. That cleared up.

The Switch I bought was during its launch and the serial number is one of the XAJ4000 series so I can see I'm good to get it going.

patachitar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys good news , i was able to run the patch. This serial is hackable... wohooo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An A-to-C cable like what comes with the Pro Controller and JoyCon charge grip will work just fine.
Really? where is that i dont see it. Damn i just spent 20 euro for the cable my dead life.

An A-to-C cable like what comes with the Pro Controller and JoyCon charge grip will work just fine.
i dont see any cable, i just see one connected with charger. which cannot be seperated.

is it possible to have hombrew without sd card? i dont have one at the moment.

Last edited by patachitar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Guys good news , i was able to run the patch. This serial is hackable... wohooo

Really? where is that i dont see it. Damn i just spent 20 euro for the cable my dead life.

i dont see any cable, i just see one connected with charger. which cannot be seperated.

is it possible to have hombrew without sd card? i dont have one at the moment.
No, the Switch doesn't come with one.
But for that price you could have almost bought a JoyCon charge grip which does.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

And there you have it., You hate it PERSONALLY but that is ZERO reason not to use it. And i'm sure at least one person here has said they use the screwdriver method but there may be more, who knows. Your only argument is that" oh it may touch the fourth pin" but like it told you time and time and time again the foil doesn't go anywhere NEAR the fourth pin, it stays tightly in place and doesn't touch the fourth pin even ONCE, like literally the chances of it touching the fourth pin are ASTRONOMICALLY low. I'm not saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE for it to happen ,i'm saying the chances are EXTREMELY low.Just because you personally hate something it doesn't mean that it's the worst thing ever not that other people should't use it. and no, i'm not saying is 100% safe(no method is), nor am i saying it's the best thing ever, a jig(at least a well built one) it probably the most reliable method. BUT a piece of foil is the second best thing and probably the best replacement. Oh and a paperclip has a much bigger chance of damaging the pins than foil does since, ya know, it's a hard piece of metal

Last edited by Ashura66,

kolewan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And there you have it., You hate it PERSONALLY but that is ZERO reason not to use it. And i'm sure at least one person here has said they use the screwdriver method but there may be more, who knows. Your only argument is that" oh it may touch the fourth pin" but like it told you time and time and time again the foil doesn't go anywhere NEAR the fourth pin, it stays tightly in place and doesn't touch the fourth pin even ONCE, like literally the chances of it touching the fourth pin are ASTRONOMICALLY low. I'm not saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE for it to happen ,i'm saying the chances are EXTREMELY low.Just because you personally hate something it doesn't mean that it's the worst thing ever not that other people should't use it. and no, i'm not saying is 100% safe(no method is), nor am i saying it's the best thing ever, a jig(at least a well built one) it probably the most reliable method. BUT a piece of foil is the second best thing and probably the best replacement. Oh and a paperclip has a much bigger chance of damaging the pins than foil does since, ya know, it's a hard piece of metal

Do you enjoy putting words in all-caps for a reason? Like you can't possibly be understood without them? If you were feeling real sassy you could just bold, italics, underline, or (gasp) all three!

patachitar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Before you do anything.... your first step should be to backup..

BACKUP YOUR SWITCH NOW and i mean like right now... Your thank me later..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
yes i did backup for emunand, took almost 2 hours. But now i have it . Thanks guys.
Now waiting for sx pro to arrive.

i personally tried, paper clip trick but i was not successfull. i tried tin foil and was succesfull in few minutes. I found it pretty easy than anything other. Not sure about 4th pin does something , because my tin foil was all over at start.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends your criteria for "best".
is "xci compatibility" part of your criteria ? then SX OS is best.
if "open source" part of your criteria, then SX OS isn't.
is it compatibility, or support, stability, or functionalities, etc?

there's no "best", they are different, working differently.
you can use them all and swap when you need different features.
lot of people prefer SX OS for its easier use : plug, launch, done. you have homebrew, nsp and xci compatibility. but it's not free if you want game launching. IF you want only homebrew launching it's free, but other CFW are free too.
but other cfw are the same, plug usb to device/dongle, launch, done.

current situation:
atmosphere : homebrew (nsp too?)
ReiNX : homebrew, nsp
SX OS : homebrew, nsp, xci (with paid license)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Ashura66 and Canna

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i did backup for emunand, took almost 2 hours. But now i have it . Thanks guys.
Now waiting for sx pro to arrive.

i personally tried, paper clip trick but i was not successfull. i tried tin foil and was succesfull in few minutes. I found it pretty easy than anything other. Not sure about 4th pin does something , because my tin foil was all over at start.

Did you backup your biskeys // or follow my guide ??

what did you backup exactly

and whats that you say your tinfoil was all over the place, oh but ashura said that cant happen...

Last edited by Canna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare