Hacking Just got my Sky3DS ! Pic inside

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was 100-120 ever a fixed price? From what I saw it was mainly a placeholder price that some people in the rumour/speculation thread decided to run with because reasons.
No, not a fixed price - but I'd imagine that if they sold reliably for that amount the price wouldn't be dropped so quickly.
Which leads me to believe they're dropping to reach for more sales.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, not a fixed price - but I'd imagine that if they sold reliably for that amount the price wouldn't be dropped so quickly.
Which leads me to believe they're dropping to reach for more sales.

the cards cost about 50 to buy them in bulk. some Chinese auction sites were selling them for 58-65 right at launch. resellers are the ones setting the price, I think they were trying to max profit from early adopters.

hch12907

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The following video shows that R5 SDHC (same with SKY3DS) can run the 11th 3DS backup game.
It proves that the restriction is designed for non-technical reason

[parsehtml]<iframe height=498 width=510 src="http://player.youku.com/embed/XODI1MTk1OTA0" frameborder=0 allowfullscreen></iframe>[/parsehtml]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODI1MTk1OTA0.html

Games above:
1. 进撃の巨人
2. Monster Hunter 4G
3. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
4. Mario Kart 7
5. New Super Mario Bros. 2
6. Super Mario Land 3D
7. Kid Icarus:UPRISING
8. 闪乱カグラ -少女达の真影-
9. 闪乱カグラ Burst 红莲の少女达
10. Gundam 3D
11. Resident Evil: Revelations

At least reupload it to Youtube... I can't watch this video unless I installed unblock youku.
BTW, this is the original thread : http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5538939-1-1.html (The poster of it is the VIP of the forum, the forum has 10 mil members)

My question : Can you save the 11th game? (My English is bad, forgive me for grammar mistakes.)

Also, someone tested sky3ds on a 8.x(or older) 3DS, works quite well.

hatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding the "ASIC":

The guys over at eurasia.nu got one unit where you can clearly seen the "ASIX/Asic" label is just silkscreened on top of the chip's original markings, probably trying to obfuscate what it really is. From the thread over at Eurasia:

Added silkscreen: 'ASIX ProFLEX ASIC ...'

Original silkscreen: 'P00A G' or '800A G'

Reactions: ztoben
D

Deleted-355425

Regarding the "ASIC":

The guys over at eurasia.nu got one unit where you can clearly seen the "ASIX/Asic" label is just silkscreened on top of the chip's original markings, probably trying to obfuscate what it really is. From the thread over at Eurasia:

Added silkscreen: 'ASIX ProFLEX ASIC ...'

Original silkscreen: 'P00A G' or '800A G'
I said that!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I remember, all flashcarts on the 3DS started off at the barebones "load one ROM to an SD card" level and were developed later on. For now, the chips on-board the sky3DS are... questionable. We don't know if there will be any updates, we just know that the thing works. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I wouldn't spell doom and gloom either - it's a whole new thing. The team's support in the future will dictate whether or not the sky3DS and its... numerous siblings will remain a viable tool for launching backups or if they'll be gone with the wind.

Reactions: Pawed and Danjal

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
As far as I remember, all flashcarts on the 3DS started off at the barebones "load one ROM to an SD card" level and were developed later on. For now, the chips on-board the sky3DS are... questionable. We don't know if there will be any updates, we just know that the thing works. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I wouldn't spell doom and gloom either - it's a whole new thing. The team's support in the future will dictate whether or not the sky3DS and its... numerous siblings will remain a viable tool for launching backups or if they'll be gone with the wind.
There isn't much room for improvements except for removing the 10 card limit, unless a 9.x kernel exploit is found it won't be getting region free, eshop support etc.....but with ssspwn the only features missing will be eshop dump support, and installing themes and stuff like that, save data filer save editing stuff....and the obvious unlimited games

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There isn't much room for improvements except for removing the 10 card limit, unless a 9.x kernel exploit is found it won't be getting region free, eshop support etc.....but with ssspwn the only features missing will be eshop dump support, and installing themes and stuff like that, save data filer save editing stuff....and the obvious unlimited games
Only time will tell, really. Maybe eventually we'll see 9.x kernel exploits popping up. ;)

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure if this thread is entirely the right place for this, but here it goes anyway.

What is the 'big difference' to retail and eshop versions of the same game.
Particularly this would relate to Rune Factory 4 which won't see a retail version in EU, but eshop exclusive.

While I can see an eshop exclusive title being somehow different - wouldn't a title like Rune Factory 4 be 'the same game' whether on a physical card or through eshop?
Or does that have to do with how things are encrypted/secured?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Imagine it like this, the games are wrapped presents, one with birthday wrapping paper and the other has Christmas paper.....while inside it may be the exact same thing you can't swap the wrapping paper without breaking the seal......and unless you know how to re-sign the packaging you cannot just swap the wrapper from one to.the other

Reactions: Danjal

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
A way to passby the 10 game restriction was found
It should be the software mod and should be release very soon
The author in the video claims to upload a video running 18 games on a single r5sdhc

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
So who's looking into the cart? :P This is the chip i believe, the Winbond one. http://www.winbond.com/NR/rdonlyres/0143840F-8550-480A-9C1C-9261DE1DFCD7/0/W25Q16DV.pdf

Edit: looks like Mr_Pichu beat me to it, that seems like the exact match..

Note the write protection. write-once modes it can use. It has inaccessible space outside of the writeable area that can be set so you only get one write (and the chips are unique, that data would be used to tie to the system i suppose). I said about the possibility of fuses when it was announced but i didn't know if it's actually feasible at all. It doesn't sound exactly like fuses in pdf..

Lets just say theoretically if you could control the winbond chip you could use one of the reset features, or some trickery needed like negating the one-write protection with a different control like BUSY while the sky3ds other chip is made to think it's 'ok'. But we're talking about little carts so no idea what we can do except wait for someone to make a replacement, if these are made correctly then the limit is safe judging from the techsheet.

I thought it might legitimately be a hardware limitation, it still might be the case.. i mean they could just do an unlimited cart and they have the monopoly for just as long anyway. And a good rep, useful in the future.

Also anyone disassembled the latest DiskWriter properly at all? There might be some useful info in there.

This whole 11 game thing i just read about on the last pages, are you sure it's not due to limited space? They just chose 10 because they knew 10 would fit in any case. Maybe it needs these Winbond or other chips and don't want to pay the price for the more advanced ones (people would complain if a 20 game cart cost $200 even more)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A way to passby the 10 game restriction was found
It should be the software mod and should be release very soon
the author in the video claim to upload a video running 18 game on a single r5sdhc
I wonder if it works anything like the idea I had a few days back. Hadn't tested it yet, but I can't help but wonder if it'd work out. :P I'll probably test it once I reach the 10 games limit - keeping slots empty now for upcoming new games.

Reactions: RomAnOCrY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.