Hacking Just Got My NinjaPass Junior

Bass Rokka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just received my Ninjapass junior today as a passme for flashing mates DS's. Has anyone else tried this thing or is it just me?? I think it's really quite good. I have been giving it a test on all sorts of roms and so far they have all worked flawlessly. For $20 the passme is reasonable value. For $20 for a 512meg real DS flash cart + passme - it's brilliant. I have a supercard and neoflash also... this is easily the best value of the lot. Very very encouraging. Would be interested to hear other peoples feedback. As far as my experience goes so far. The single load thing is a bit annoying with bigger games since the transfer speed is quite slow compared with SC/M3 solutions (nintendogs takes someting like 10mins!). I'm still a bit dubious re it's claims to not patch since the software you use to transfer the roms to the DS cart (Which comes with USB dongle) is actually called "NinjaPass Patcher". Either way... it works pretty flawlessly. The system is ridiculously cheap. If you want a great little system and don't require loads of roms at once this is a really nice setup. It's especially nice if the non patching element is true. I would guess, going by my trials, that this has a very high if not flawless compatibility rate. Even if it's just a passme with extra flash space on it... someone has finally made a backup device that is just the size of DS cart... for that... my hats off to the makers. Cheers.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered mine from winsunx and am waiting for the tracking number (they already picked up my western union payment) and i have a few questions.

1. If I plug a regular NDS games into the USB Writer, can I dump the NDS game?

2. Does moonshell work on this?

3. If I had my NP Junior and my M3 plugged in, can the ninjapass menu access the files on my M3?

more later.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered mine from winsunx and am waiting for the tracking number (they already picked up my western union payment) and i have a few questions.

1. If I plug a regular NDS games into the USB Writer, can I dump the NDS game?

2. Does moonshell work on this?

3. If I had my NP Junior and my M3 plugged in, can the ninjapass menu access the files on my M3?

more later.

1. No.
2. Unknown - if no-one tells you beforehand, when my NinjaPass (NOT junior) arrives on Monday, I'll try it.
3. No.

lizardj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
received my yesterday, and so far i'm happy with the purchase. nearly everything i threw at it worked flawlessly. no need for a passme key or flashme-ed ds, no rom patching, and no apparent slowdowns ingame. tested star fox command and ultimate spiderman and they both ran fine. though mario 3 on 3 gives me an error message(assuming, cant read japanese.) somebody else with a ninjapass, can you try and see if you can get mario to work on yours and how? perhaps im just an easily-pleased type of guy, since i used a neoflash mk before this and practically any result would get me jumping in excitment. but frankly, a passthru plus 512 flash devise for 30 bux, i think its a steal.

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know, 512Mbit is only 64MByte, that's not even enough for some games. Actually, after formatting to FAT(32?), do even 64MByte games fit?

Bass Rokka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Re some of the questions - can't help with Opera DS. Yup - it appears I was wrong with the amount - apologies re that. I quoted for the media launcher. Couldn't remember exactly hyow much this was. Now I double checked this will actually cost you $35 (still cheap) from Winsunx which is where I bought mine from. I am just running some tests on Mario 3on3 to see if setting the size of the eeprom will help in the ninjapass softrware (it did with Nintendogs). Will report back my results. Cheers

Results: Nope Mario3on3 doesn't work for me either. Am wondering whether this is to do with the eeprom or not.

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
Re some of the questions - can't help with Opera DS. Yup - it appears I was wrong with the amount - apologies re that. I quoted for the media launcher. Couldn't remember exactly hyow much this was. Now I double checked this will actually cost you $35 (still cheap) from Winsunx which is where I bought mine from. I am just running some tests on Mario 3on3 to see if setting the size of the eeprom will help in the ninjapass softrware (it did with Nintendogs). Will report back my results. Cheers

Results: Nope Mario3on3 doesn't work for me either. Am wondering whether this is to do with the eeprom or not.

There happens to be a working version on the Ultimate Flash Pass site forums

T

Titney

How does save backup work? I think I read before that the software doesn't have support for backing up the save from the ninjapass at all, but maybe they fixed this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging