tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I just got my AK2i in the mail. I put AKAIO 1.6 R2 with the most recent loader on it, but I also know that I might need to update firmware to work on a DS with the 1.4 firmware.

I'm currently using an original DS (brick), but I'm planning on getting a DSi or letting a friend borrow it for his DSlite.
I read this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174523 and to my understanding, I put the .nds files on the microSD card and run them...

Is there a way to check if my AK2i is up to date after I run these?
Do I need to run both the DSL and DSi .nds files?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, those are appropriate to where you are running them from. If you're updating from a DSL, you use the DSL file ONLY. If you're updating on a DSi 1.3 or less, then use the DSi file ONLY. Either one will update your AK bootloader.

rickth64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used the DSi one to update the card on a DSL. The DSL file is just for faster updating multiple cards.

I would use the DSi one on your original DS (phat) to update the card.

tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so just run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds, and it should show up as 'danny phantom' if it actually updated, correct?

Also... is there any update that ISN'T Danny Phantom? Just curious.

tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
It'll only show up as Danny Phantom on a DSi though. On a DS lite/phat, it'll still show up as an AK2i.

So how will I know if it's updated
unsure.gif

Are there any updates that aren't Danny Phantom? Just curious.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tehxeno said:
YayMii said:
It'll only show up as Danny Phantom on a DSi though. On a DS lite/phat, it'll still show up as an AK2i.

So how will I know if it's updated
unsure.gif

Are there any updates that aren't Danny Phantom? Just curious.
You're going to have to trust in the card and the message it proclaims. If it says the update is complete & was successful, you just have to trust it. Only way to test is with a DSi 1.4. I don't recall any updates that weren't Danny Phantom for an AK2i.

tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I updated with the dsi .nds one... seemed to work fine, I can't really check though 'cause I don't know how to see what firmware is on a DSL.

Is there a way to automatically do the "press b to continue" stuff?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the updater gets 100% and informs you that it's completed, then it should be updated. You can't downgrade an Acekard BTW, so it's safe to run the updater multiple times.

If you brick your Acekard, use some other flashcart to run the "DSL" file, and pop in the bricked Acekard when it asks you to reinsert the card.

Also, just so you know, my DS lite stopped working 10 minutes after I updated my Acekard, and if it didn't work the first time, my Acekard wouldn't be working on my DSi XL.

tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it twice, works fine on my DS phat,
Is there a way to make it automatically do the "Press b to continue" stuff?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tehxeno said:
Did it twice, works fine on my DS phat,
Is there a way to make it automatically do the "Press b to continue" stuff?
Is this when you are loading games? Either download the loader off the akaio loader page or use the one that came with 1.6 rc2. I forget which one includes that debug stuff.
tongue.gif

tehxeno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it must have been the one from the loaders page, 'cause I had that one installed.
When I just re-installed 1.6 RC2 it loads without debug. Thanks!

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
HBK said:
No, those are appropriate to where you are running them from. If you're updating from a DSL, you use the DSL file ONLY. If you're updating on a DSi 1.3 or less, then use the DSi file ONLY. Either one will update your AK bootloader.

are you sure:P?
because i have update my Acekard 2i dsi file on my dslite and noting changed
tongue.gif
only the icon

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
coolness said:
HBK said:

tongue.gif
only the icon
He's wrong. The "DSi" file is for updating a single Acekard, but it happens to work on DSis 1.3 and below. The "DSL" file is designed to update multiple Acekards, but it only works on a DS lite or a DS phat.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
YayMii said:
If the updater gets 100% and informs you that it's completed, then it should be updated. You can't downgrade an Acekard BTW, so it's safe to run the updater multiple times.

If you brick your Acekard, use some other flashcart to run the "DSL" file, and pop in the bricked Acekard when it asks you to reinsert the card.

Also, just so you know, my DS lite stopped working 10 minutes after I updated my Acekard, and if it didn't work the first time, my Acekard wouldn't be working on my DSi XL.

Are you saying the Ak2i bricked your NDS Lite?

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
YayMii said:
coolness said:
HBK said:

tongue.gif
only the icon
He's wrong. The "DSi" file is for updating a single Acekard, but it happens to work on DSis 1.3 and below. The "DSL" file is designed to update multiple Acekards, but it only works on a DS lite or a DS phat.

okey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!