OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I just got my AceKard RPG from DHL!
After tearing through the extra packaging of DHL, I found a small cardboard box.
I thought at first that they packaged the AceKard in it, instead of its real packaging.
But then, I opened the box, and I found two plastic bags, one for the USB cable, and one for the AceKard box.
When I first saw it, my jaw dropped at how small the box was.
It was sexy, sleek, and elegant
wub.gif

I connected my AceKard to my PC just to make sure its working fine, and no problems so far. I tried moving a few files, and the transfer felt as fast as a MicroSD card.

Build quality seems very sturdy, as good as a normal DS card. And the USB port didn't seem shaky or anything like that.

The only bad news is this : I won't be getting my DS Lite untill the end of this week/beginning of next week
cry.gif

Once I get my DS, I will play around with it a bit, then I will post a review for Drunkencoders.com.

Ahmad Yasser

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I always thought the AceKard RPG was the best flashcart around, with his great GUI, dual slot memory and his Open source.
I hope the Open Source will grow soon, and the price will fall too
rofl2.gif

Looking forward to the review
smile.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I always thought the AceKard RPG was the best flashcart around, with his great GUI, dual slot memory and his Open source.
I hope the Open Source will grow soon, and the price will fall tooÂ
rofl2.gif

Looking forward to the review
smile.gif

I agree. I already owned an r4 and had a black cyclods on pre-order when I got my RPG. It is the card that stays in my DS. The cyclo gets swapped in there occasionally. But I really like the RPG the most out of all three. The cyclo has a couple of cool features that the RPG doesn't have, but I find I rarely use them. I just feel like the RPG has the highest overall quality of these three.

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Well, from what I read (since I didn't actually use it yet), it has Auto DLDI patching (it says that in the manual), and soft-reset was implemented in an update.
I read somewhere in the AceKard RPG forum that they were planning to do RTS in a future update soon.

Okay guys, I have another question, any good places to get skins?
Or any good skins to take a look at?

Thanks!

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, from what I read (since I didn't actually use it yet), it has Auto DLDI patching (it says that in the manual), and soft-reset was implemented in an update.
I read somewhere in the AceKard RPG forum that they were planning to do RTS in a future update soon.

Okay guys, I have another question, any good places to get skins?
Or any good skins to take a look at?

Thanks!

The only place I found so far was at the AK forums. Although don't expect too much. Personally I stuck with the Black skin. I don't really like the lacey stuff on the top screen but I deal until I get off my ass and make a skin myself.

EDIT: And yes the RPG auto-DLDI patches and has soft-reset.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a thread on the AK forums for some user made skins.

I too am writing a review for the AK. So far I have test quite a bit and it performed great except in two departments, DL play and cheats. I find that the cheats are pretty tedious to do and that it isn't worth it. Maybe they will smooth out the cheats in later releases. Second, the DL play was a shame. 3 out of the 4 DL play games I tested didn't work. :'(

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Im mad at this acekard today I played jackass the game on my microsd and acekard didnt made the saves, I had to copy that game to my flash memory, then saves worked properly, but I lost my 30 minutes of playing
frown.gif
Either this acekard system is quite unstable when playing from sdhc cards or it is just my and my bad luck.

Kijof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im mad at this acekard today I played jackass the game on my microsd and acekard didnt made the saves, I had to copy that game to my flash memory, then saves worked properly, but I lost my 30 minutes of playing
frown.gif
Either this acekard system is quite unstable when playing from sdhc cards or it is just my and my bad luck.

Worked fine here from the card, kingston 1 gig.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

Worked fine here from the card, kingston 1 gig.

Worked good for me too with Kingston 2GB(JP).

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I use kingston 4 gb japan maybe it is really fault uf some weak sdhc compatibility (if so damn me being so greedy and buying 4 gb card in place of 2 gb).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mm, i was going to comment on that post yesterday but i at the time i decided not to bother. take note of what gratefulbuddy said though.

it seems that at the moment soft reset is a very buggy feature in that it only seems to work with 75ish% of games, which i hope will be addressed soon.

Normmatt has done some nice work in regards to small changes/additions to the loader, which we will hopefully see in upcoming official releases too.

overall it's worked very well for me. intuitive, fast and reliable in most regards.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Where can I buy this and how much does it cost? I bought a DS-X (not the smartest move in my life), and have a DSTT coming in the mail but I have been interested in this since I first read the review about it. I would like to maybe purchase one in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...