Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Before I begin complaining about the current lifestyle I have, I'll explain everything that's needed to know.

I used to attend a school, where we go at a "self-directed" pace. If you already read my "asian parents" topic from awhile back, you'll know what I'm about to explain. We meet our teachers once a week, and we'd get our assignments, due-dates, etc. We'd be able to take a test whenever we want, and we're also able to finish ahead. We had a lot of freedom to do our work, and it's one of the only schools around the country that does this.

Until recently, I had to move to another school, because my mom thought "it was too far away". I had to take a bus every day, and they were usually about 30-40 minute rides. I didn't complain, because I thought going to this school was worth it. Now that I had to switch schools, I feel like I'm dying here.

AT least half the school is druggies. In fact, a kid sitting right next to me, showed me Marijuana, and even offered some to me. Being a goody too-shoes I am, I rejected the offer, and didn't take any. Besides. I don't want to end up as a fucking druggie, losing all his money on drugs. Even a guy I thought was awesome was drinking. He got himself drunk, and managed to do something stupid. Still, he'd never drink in public, and has proven that he's a really nice guy.

A lot of my teachers I have are terrible. My planning teacher, doesn't give a flying fuck about whatever happens in the class. She gives you an assignment with almost no time to actually finish it. Even if there's an earthquake, she wouldn't say anything, and would just sit there, and stare at the lights. I mean, what kind of a teacher doesn't do anything, when a student flips and kicks over half the desks, when a student is being bullied, when a student is discussing about innapropriate things RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, and when a student admits doing drugs, in front of her. SHE NEVER DOES ANYTHING. She was even watching them do it, and just laughed it off. SHE EVEN KNOWS THESE THINGS ARE GOING ON, YET, SHE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. She even wastes class time, by making us just sit down, and do nothing. WHY? Her marking system's weird as well, and I'm not going to get into it.

My Math teacher, is a racist. At first, she seemed really nice. She was talking to everyonr and seemed to play around a lot. Kind of like those fun teachers you can find. Too bad though, she only did that with white (no offense) people around. She REFUSED to talk to me, but talks to everyone else. She talked to me THREE TIMES, in 2 months, and she knows my marks are suffering, due to the complete difference in the school systems. TOO BAD THOUGH, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T CARE. She even gave me horrible mark I was currently having, and didn't say anything. It's as if she hates me for no reason. The school made a mistake, and the attendence list it said I was a grade 9, when I'm actually a grade 10. I even corrected the mistake, but they said they can't do anything until next year. Anyway, I told my Math teacher that I'm a grade 10, and they made a mistake. I even gave her some evidence, but she said "I don't care". WTF? One day, there was a councilor, that was looking for grade 9s. She walked into our math class, and asked the teacher if anyone in the class was a grade 9. THEN, the math teacher points at ME. I had to explain to the councilor, and everyone in the class that I was in grade 10. When I was finished, she said "That's because you're in grade 9 English." WHAT? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I finished ESL back in grade 7, and my teachers always said that my English writing and listening skills are superb. According to my current English marks, I'm doing better than more than half the class. Now, this teacher who knows nothing about me, tells me I'm in grade 9 English? WHY? Again, I showed her my evidence. Luckily, I got some Romeo and Juliet essay information, because I just HAD English before the Math class started. I showed it to her, saying " Here's some evidence that I'm in grade 10 English, NOT 9". Now, Guess what she said? "Put that away. I don't care." I even talked to one of the only friends I have, and he told me the same thing happened to him. HONESTLY, THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

Rest of my teachers, are either ok, or not so great. My English teacher lost my essay, so I had to reprint it. All these teachers take over a whole week just to mark something, and as you can see, it's damn slow. My Science teacher lost about 15% of my work, and my Drama teacher lost my short paragraph, which costs me about 5 percent. Everything hlisted here, wasn't included in my report card. My parents wouldn't care about my opinion, and will always think the teachers are right. God, this is a living hell.

Another thing I hate. There's no place in this school that's actually quiet. It's tiny, and overcrowded. Everywhere I go, it's occupied. School stairs? overcrowded, and someone would always interrupt me. Library? It's full of people that are screaming about nothing. The librarian doesn't do anything, because "they're on a break". I have not yet seen a day in the library, where it wasn't loud as fuck. Now, the only options I had was a classroom. Thankfully, my Socials teacher is one of the best teachers I ever had. He's nice, very reasonable marker, and he loves to express his views of things. He's just an interesting teacher. Even in his room, there's always these 7 guys, watching some stupid movie. Sure, that's not too bad, but they're fucking loud. To them, I don't exist. I have to use my Mp3 player, always, just to trying to shut them up. Normally, I'd tell them to kind of stop being so loud, but these guys look like those assholes that won't really care what you say.

I'll update this tomorrow. I'm too tired of everything right now.

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats ze very loud school.
Loll when i was in HS in about 2002 we had bashups in the library in front of the teacher!
rofl.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Is there any way you could have stayed at your old school? Or even returned? If all this shit is going on I probably wouldn't even bother going. I'm sure your parents wouldn't be happy if they knew what was going on at that school, have you told them about it? If there is a way to return to your old school, I'd try and overexaggerate the problem to make it seem worse when telling your parents about everything that goes on there.

Also, is a 30 - 40 minute bus ride really that long? That's around how long it takes me to get to College if I get the morning bus, if I get any other bus to College I have to catch another bus and the journey takes well over an hour.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It took me an hour to get to school too..

Mhn, I do get that your parents are not really willing to listen to your complains about that school, but they surely must have noticed how your grades have dropped just after two months? Try to make them understand it's only because of that school, if they want you to get good grades they need to get you out of that school. Oh and point out the drug abuse of the pupils more, did you tell them someone offered you to smoke weed with them?

Seriously, try to get out of that school, my highschool life was hell until I finally convinced my mother to change schools, my homeroom teacher was awful - she always told us how she not cares about our problems but when someone was missing she'd start asking us if that person has some kind of mental thickness or anything. She accused me of having bulimia because she saw me taking pills (vitamin pills, openly in the classroom while talking to other ppl.. wtf, surely I wouldn't take emetics when others are around.. :wtf:). I had tons of other shit teachers too - yeah there were two teachers who I totally admired because they were awesome at teaching and uber nice, but just two out of 10+ doesn't do after all.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and all.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm sorry to hear it Tropicana!
Seems like you're in really bad situation..

Actually, that school you're describing is a normal everyday school (at least over here)..We were always loud at school, and professors were always just as you describe them..But I never had other experiences than that..So I learned to bare with it..

I guess you really have to do something to get back at your first school! This new place won't get any better for you
frown.gif

And it sounds like your parents don't want to listen to you..

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in all honesty you should reli talk to ur parents about this i kinda had the same experiance as you. i moved to a new school from a school which i was doing reli well in but it was kind of far soooooo i had to go to a closer 1 which was a s***hole after a month or so i couldnt take i so i told my parents what the school was like and how my grades are suffering. I stayed in the school for another week or so until i got transferd back to my old school in the end they worked out some way for me to get there and back with out worrying about the distance ect.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
talk to your parents and explain to them the problem your having and that you want to go back to your old school. seriously, bad teachers are the worst thing you can have at a school. hell, most parents I know would have you out of that school in flash if you told them that story about marijuana.

that isn't really a very long commute at all... takes me 1:30 to get to university myself. and at my old high school that sort of commute wasn't really unusual, and this is in England....

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And this adds how many to the times you complained about your new school to me? I'll just play Pokemon with you again(and win 7 times in a row), talk about how awesome my future daughter would be compared to yours, complain about insomnia because of too much mocha, start one of those hilarious racist jokes we come up with but can't post it because it's against the rules, pester you into sending me the McDonald's training video so I can make fun of it, remind you for the 724th time that you CAN draw without copying, try to stop you(again) from complaining about your parents behind their backs because it's not nice, start elaborating about that nsfw dream I told you about the other day, ramble about how much I hate our government, talk about food, talk about Luminous Arc 2 for 3 hours or make you a new siggy to get your mind off of it, like what I usually do!

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you gotta tell your parents that you liked your old school and that you dont like this new one & that you're grades are suffering because of it.

I hated school, hate the work, hated the authority etc etc.....

If I could go back in time & go to a school that I loved, I'd have done much better at exams etc.

Basically I hated school which led me to not give a fuck about my education.
I'm not retarded, im pretty bright actually but I dont have the grades to show this.

I'd have loved to go to a school which I enjoyed & I think my final results would have reflected that.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I already talked to my parents a few months ago, already apologized for the mistakes and agreed to send me back. Unfortunately, I have to wait until some unknown time in 09, because the school is full......

Just yesterday, I was angry about everything. I was about to snap, if anyone talked to me. Regardless of who it was, I would've punched them or something. That's how angry I've been lately.....

We were supposed to rate our heart rates today for PE, and I remember that my heart rate from my grade 9 days was at about 120? 115? Most likely about, or lower. When I measured it today, it rose all the way up to 164. Went up by whole 40 points..... According to my teacher, what I have right now, is considered pretty dangerous. If it rises any higher than what I have now, I have to consult a doctor.

Just getting worse and worse....

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tropicana said:
Well, I already talked to my parents a few months ago, already apologized for the mistakes and agreed to send me back. Unfortunately, I have to wait until some unknown time in 09, because the school is full......

Just yesterday, I was angry about everything. I was about to snap, if anyone talked to me. Regardless of who it was, I would've punched them or something. That's how angry I've been lately.....

We were supposed to rate our heart rates today for PE, and I remember that my heart rate from my grade 9 days was at about 120? 115? Most likely about, or lower. When I measured it today, it rose all the way up to 164. Went up by whole 40 points..... According to my teacher, what I have right now, is considered pretty dangerous. If it rises any higher than what I have now, I have to consult a doctor.

Just getting worse and worse....
Tch...do I really need to punch you back to sanity!? You're implementing all of this upon yourself by whining and whining and whining about it! BE A MAN! ACCEPT WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND YOU AS A MERE TRIAL AND FIND YOUR OWN WAY TO EMERGE TRIUMPHANT AND SET THINGS STRAIGHT!

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO:
QUOTETropicana says:
I feel like I'm becoming more badass for some reason. Probably the influence of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival