Just finished building my iPhone have a small problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Hells Guardian, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hells Guardian
    OP

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well I recieved the last part today for my iPhone 3GS 8GB and finished assembling it. It works perfectly except I can't get it to jailbreak. No matter how many times I try with redsn0w it just reboots the phone when it starts the process after setting it into DFU mode. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do to get this phone to learn whos boss?

2. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Assembling?

3. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Are you sure you have a 3GS?

4. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    download if0rcast

plug your iphone to your computer, then run if0rcast to see if your device is jailbreakable.

5. Hells Guardian
    OP

United States
    I'm absolutely certain that it is a 3GS as I took the board from my mothers recently dead phone. She destroyed the screen and most of the upper assembly. Either way it doesn't want to go. I'm going to try a little trick a friend mentioned. he said while the Redsn0w app is downloading the iPad baseband quickly disconnect and reconnect the phone. I'll post back shortly after I try it. and I already checked with if0rcast

6. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try searching for the Compass app. (You can search via Spotlight if you have a lot of icons.) The iPhone 3G doesn't have a compass, but the iPhone 3GS does.

Once you have the device and firmware determined, make sure you download the correct IPSW for redsn0w. (i.e.- If it's a 3GS with iOS 4.3.3, download that IPSW.)

7. Hells Guardian
    OP

United States
    I got it going with the trick I mentioned above. Like I said I'd already determined the phone type the firmware version and the bootrom version before I built it. I had to know the hardware so I could be certain to get the right parts. Thanks anyways for the help. I'm enjoying this phone very much now that I got all the issues worked out and everything is running perfectly. I guess now I should put it up for sale as was the plan. although... I could always use another phone... oh well thanks again.