Hacking Just downgraded - which cfw to install?

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The tools built-in rxTools can do the work but not in the best possible way.
Decrypt9 (and other tools by d0k3 and Shadowtrance) are way better than rxTools.

People should just stop using those, the Pasta Team that is developing rxTools since a long time now planned of getting rid of it and their decision is the good one. Everyone say Decrypt9 is better, even rxTools' devs, why do people still want to use it? :rofl:

Anyway, if you just want a clean CFW, AuReiNand is really nice. I use it on my n3DS with Arm9LoaderHax.
On my sister's o3DS, rxTools is still the CFW, I did not attempt to get her system's OTP so it's using MenuHax and the boot rate is kind of shitty. If I dump the OTP, it will also use AuReiNand, eventually.

Cakes is also a good solution.
Nearly every CFW are good at the moment.
Reinand is a good, simple CFW. It just patch signs and offer the minimal features for everything running fine. It's good, especially if you use an emunand.
AuReiNand is an improvement of this CFW to add o3DS support. Still minimal but some nice tweaks, especially if you use sysnand & Arm9LoaderHax.
CakesFW is a good firmware, no specific use, Menuhax or Arm9Loaderhax, the boot rate is ok with traditional entry points, it's reliable.
rxtools is also ok. Not for A9LH atm, it's not ready for it. Atm, rxtools seems to be the less often updated CFW. Every CFW are now fully compatible with A9LH, except rxTools.
The 3.0 release will be a major release and may change a lot of things. It is also the only CFW with built-in region free if I'm not mistaken.

A lot of CFW, just pick one and try it. If you encounter any issue, just switch.

TheUberGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, I followed the tutorial that someone sent to me at the beginning of the topic and I installed successfully ReiNand and Cake with Boot Manager but from some reason rxTools isn't working but the other things yes so I don't really care.
I have an old acekard 2i for ds games, can I use this card again after I installed cfw and emuNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do wonder if it's natural sugar