Just Cause 2 Dev "Wii U devkits were collecting dust"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by p1ngpong, May 10, 2013.

1. p1ngpong
    OP

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    It seems another developer is staying away from the Wii U thanks to its slow start. However Avalanche founder Christofer Sundberg also sighted Nintendo themselves as a reason for not investing energy into the struggling console.

:arrow: Source

Meh I never liked just cause as a series its just shovelware, Christofer Sundberg is just being a dick anyway. I am happy with Mario and Link thank you very much! :grog:

Slimmmmmm, finkmac and Attila13 like this.
  2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Again...bad news for us wiiu-owners. :(

While nintendo can't exactly do more than they're already doing to get those consoles sold*, they CAN make sure that those communications are improved. Coming from a company that sucks in this department**, I can tell this means a LOT to morale of employees.

* at least...I'm assuming they're doing everything they can on this.
    **our communication department is usually the last one to know anything...let alone distribute something useful

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I can't wait for the avalanche of "IT'S THEIR FAULT FOR NOT TAKING RISKS"/"NINTEN-DO NO WRONG" comments to flood in.

4. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Nobody wants to program for the WiiU heck even Nintendo themselves doesn't care, just look at what system most of their decent first party games will be on, it isn't the WiiU that's for sure. The West think it's too anemic in specs and games won't sell on it, the East just doesn't give a flying shit

5. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Modern gaming is horsesh*t. That simple.

Smuff likes this.
  6. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Drink up, Nintendo.

[​IMG]

BAHIM Z 360 likes this.
  7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It seemed like he avoided the obvious answer.

"Why are we not developing for the Wii U? Just Cause."

8. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    This is just so frustrating... I really don't know what to do as a Wii U owner, there aren't really all that many great games for it. But that doesn't mean there won't be... Do I cut my losses? Or hold on till something good comes along for the Wii U. To me it seems like just about every other day another developer expresses why they have no interest in deving for the console.

9. silver_ryder

silver_ryder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2010
    Slow start... lol

When the PS4 and the next box come out they they'll sell a lot more than WiiU!? wtf lol

10. Wintrale

Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2009
    Kent, England
    Of course not. Many launch PS4 games will be on the PS3, too, which kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading to a new console. I'm not going to upgrade to a PS4 for a while if I can still get stuff like Assassin's Creed 4, The Evil Within and Watch Dogs on my PS3 and I doubt I'm the only one. That was the same problem the Wii U faced, I think. A lot of its launch titles were ports of PS3/360 games, which people obviously weren't going to buy a new console for if they already had a PS3 or 360.

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]

I kid, I kid... Nobody would buy it! :P

No, seriously, I'm just kidding. :tpi:

Ammako likes this.
  12. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    Fair enough, I don't see a reason why anyone would develop games for it until Nintendo starts to do something about sales. Our worries shouldn't be affected or focused on thirdparty support this early, we should instead look at what Nintendo is up to in terms of software development, potentially new thirdparty relationship agreements, advertising etc. At the moment we know close to nothing. I've mentioned this before but, support comes when there's an audience and as always, Nintendo has to to it.
    We know for a fact that they've once again have put a system on hold, late updates, not wanting to advertise it yet, delaying titles... it all hanging by a thin thread now, E3 and holiday sales will be their best shot at saving the Wii U, and given the massive amounts of money they have it shouldn't be a problem changing things for the better.

Not getting in touch with Nintendo easily seems to be a false statement, every other developer is saying the opposite.

Wizerzak and Skelletonike like this.
  13. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Nintendo is worth 18.6 billion dollars, and they've been through this before. 3DS etc.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  14. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    WHOA WHOA, WHAT!?

P1ng is happy with just Mario and Zelda!?!

15. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Got nothing better to do other than be a shit disturber, do you guild?

16. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    No, he is happy with just fanboy tears.

Best to stay out of his way while he is feeding. :D

17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I expected nothing less of him :rofl2:

Wizerzak and Bladexdsl like this.
  18. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Console market and AAA games in general seem to be headed towards a crash to me. Dev costs keep ramping up because people expect much more from them. These higher risks make publishers only greenlight what's been proven to sell. The proven to sell games are faced with much higher competition because that's all that's out. The games don't sell enough to cover the dev costs. Publishers blame whatever originality there was in the game. Rinse & repeat.

As for the WiiU. It won't sell until people make games for it and people won't make games for it until it sells. Huzzah for the Catch 22. It's going to be underpowered in a few months unless that GPU based rendering system it has can run a lot more efficiently than the last generation's more CPU based model.

19. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    Just Cause 2 ,while kinda repetitive, is a fun game. Especially on PC with all the hacks and shit.

p1ngpong likes this.
  20. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    lolkay great evidence there