Just bought my 1st massive water blaster....

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm going to the gay/lesbian pride parade. But this year, I'm bringing my favourite toy - a water blaster. It's a Buzz Bee "Water Warriors" PulseStrike. It's not heavy at all - even though it's supposed to weigh like 7 pounds when full. (Maybe because I work out? Anyhow, I digress.)

33100_pkg_384x220.jpg

Hmmm...just noticed that the sticker is on sideways. It seems to pump a massive amount of water, so I'd probably be tap-shooting a bit during the pride parade. (Yes, there is a tradition of getting the parade attendants massively showered in water - and it's funny watching the drag queens frown at you.) I'd probably rig up a solar shower backpack water function, or I'd just leave it.

I never bought a massive water blaster during the 1990's (the golden age of CPS technology and Super Soakers). It was a combination of cost, aging and other stuff. The last water pistol I bought was in 1995 - it was a dinky one that had a spring in the bottom - it might have been a piston powered one, but I don't remember. All I remember was chasing my little cousin with it, and breaking off the plastic ridge that served as a sight by dropping it. The last time I saw it in my room, it still had a bit of water in it, and I squirted it out, and it was RUST colored. Terrifying, no?

I'm going to get into water wars/warrior games. Eg. War games with water pistols. I'd probably rig up something for a grenade/water bomb holder and a side arm. Any suggestions on how to get a game going with people? (I know parents are going to scream "pedo" if I try to join in, I need to find people who play Assassins or water wars in my own age group...)

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
Guess your country doesn't have hate-crime laws? And here was me thinking canadians were a bit more civilized than that...
Hmmm? You are thinking assault versus just a nice time? It's hot as hell in July and it's accepted tradition - plus, I'm part of the community!

Yeah, if I get the cash or I see a CPS at a yard sale, I'm picking it up. It's a good series, just not worth the maintance/other stuff to get it into tip top shape!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I had this one:

24zg6cn.jpg

It was great
happy.gif

But the very best water gun I ever had was this cheap little water pistol I found at some random bin of cheap Chinese crap and bought on impulse. It was amazing! It was tiny and only held about six-seven squirts, and the trigger was pretty tough and hard but it had this incredible, unbelievable range for such a tiny little squeeze gun, and it shot these horrible, thick columns of water, and when one of those hit your ear (from about fifteen feet away) it felt like someone opened a garden hose on you.

Awesome
happy.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
George Dawes said:
"Drag queens frowning at you" doesn't make it seem like it is accepted.

If you tried something like that at a pride here you'd soon get filled in.
Let me fill you in. astrangeone is a lesbian, and occasionally a drag king. She will be in the pride parade. It's a tradition for people in the parade to spray each other with waterguns. I take it the queens frown at it because it messes up their makeup.

Better?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Veho said:
But the very best water gun I ever had was this cheap little water pistol I found at some random bin of cheap Chinese crap and bought on impulse. It was amazing! It was tiny and only held about six-seven squirts, and the trigger was pretty tough and hard but it had this incredible, unbelievable range for such a tiny little squeeze gun, and it shot these horrible, thick columns of water, and when one of those hit your ear (from about fifteen feet away) it felt like someone opened a garden hose on you.
I think I had the same one!
yay.gif
Hopefully I still have it around here somewhere, I can think of some good uses for it.

smileipb2.png

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Veho said:
Let me fill you in. astrangeone is a lesbian, and occasionally a drag king.
I got that.

QUOTE said:
She will be in the pride parade.
Surprisingly, I also got THAT from their post.

I take it the queens frown at it because it messes up their makeup.
And we have a WINRAR!!

If you tried to spray water all over a drag queen at a pride here then you would get your face smashed in - tradition or no tradition. A frown signifies displeasure, if you hadn't guessed. They don't want it happening. Everyone else happy with being squirted, fine. When someone doesn't like it then you don't do it.

Also the "filling in" I talked of is slang for a beating, not pointing out the bleeding-obvious on a forum. =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't do that he'll cry and tell you to listen to him instead