Hacking Just bought Gateway3DS, should I reconsider?

elMagnate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I'm in time to cancel the order and pick up the r4igold 3DS, for more than 25 bucks less in nds-card.com

Should I do it?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

Why bother getting a clone if you already bought the real thing.
You get addition features of Gateway 2.0 with the Gateway.
With the R4 you are getting slower (and maybe even not at all) updates.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, I actually wanted reasons. I read the review and it's basically the same but for less, and with a better NDS card (works on last firmware, and i'd be using that one after the nand write mod)

The r4i gold just got a video, we don't know when or if will be released, on the other hand you got the GW 2.0 firmware right now. You can still play using the GW card as the physical nand will be kept on v4.x

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my Gateway today and it works like a charm for what I have tried. Some people have had varying luck but it's no different than any other piece of hardware. There are also rumors that the clones are "copying" the software from Gateway which doesn't mean they won't work, but it could mean you may have to wait longer to get updated features. There is also a rumor that the clones hardware are not able to support everything that the Gateway is promising (multi-rom, etc). But like I said these are rumors. I know the cheaper price of clones are enticing, but I have learned that in the case of flashcards higher price usually means better features and support (just my personal opinion though).

About the DS card that comes with it... the reason it doesn't work on later firmware is because it uses an older version of the custom WoodR4 firmware that isn't compatible with 6.2+. This doesn't mean that someone can't find a way to add support for it later. I am lucky enough to already have a Supercard DSTWO to play DS roms with though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr