Just bought 3 Pokémon games and none work (Help! D: )

L1me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, here comes the tale of what could possibly be the worst luck ever.

I bought online 2 Pokémon Silver and one Pokémon Sapphire, only to discover that none of them load on any console.
Opened both Silver games up, cleaned them, still nothing, can't figure out what's wrong. (each pic is a different cart)

oUfyGWc.jpg

Wpol6LO.jpg

THEN COMES SAPPHIRE...

ObaTBpF.jpg

I instantly "oh no" 'd when i saw the battery connection solders. A part even seems charred. Could that be the cause of the lack of loading? (just asking because the solder only seems to hit the battery connections).

Any type of suggestion is helpful. I tried cleaning the contacts and carefully heating up the ROM solders, but to no avail.

Edit: Fail on posting the images, fixed now! Sorry about that, pretty pissed off about all this D:

Last edited by L1me,

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't like that soldering at all. :/
Sapphire should have a battery too even though it can work even if the battery is dead.

Dunno what exactly is wrong with them. :/

L1me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like that soldering at all. :/
Sapphire should have a battery too even though it can work even if the battery is dead.

Dunno what exactly is wrong with them. :/

Yeah, it should have the battery, the guy that sold it may have tried to replace it and must've ruined the whole cart in the process D:
I'll try to remove the most of the solder when i get home and show the damage he did.

L1me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
demand a return if they don't work, that's pretty cheap and sucky :(

I tried but (as expected from a scam) i got no answer. Worst case scenario is that i'll just have to wait until i find a working game with a bad exterior. (Sapphire's exterior is pristine, one of the Silver games has the label worn out)

Until then, i guess i'll have to keep trying to find a solution. That way i can also learn a bit on how these carts work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker