Just a thought about partitions and the new update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by blinkzane, Apr 24, 2013.

1. blinkzane
    OP

Member blinkzane Panic at your moms house

United States
    Since the new update will allow transfers between two USB devices, do you think that the Wii U will recognize a partition as two devices and allow us to format only one of the partitions rather than the whole external HDD?(aka so I can have my computer backups in one part of the drive and Wii U software in the other) something to think on.

2. bezem

Member bezem GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My assumption is most likely it will support the plugging in of two Wii U formatted drives. I sincerely doubt partition support will be included since only tech savvy users would know how to use that anyway.

3. blinkzane
    OP

United States
    I just wish it would, I could do it with the Wii, but I also used wii to usb and partitioned it from there. hopefully someone will figure out how to format in Wii U soon. I would really like my games all to be on my external HDD

4. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    I don't think it will be dumb enough to know there's more than 4 usb devices plugged in to the system

again, that is guessing...

5. blinkzane
    OP

United States
    I have my HDD split into two drives, drive (X: ) and drive (Y: ) i would like to see it read them both as separate drives so i can format the (Y: ) which i have ready for my Wii U. I don't want to spend money on another HDD, I already put $350 plus into the system and then $120 into the HDD

6. BIFFTAZ

Member BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nintendo are not making you buy another.. You have the choice to buy one or not.. I highly doubt that Nintendo will add this feature, You either get a HDD dedicated to your Wii U or go without.

bezem likes this.
  7. DeadMan

Newcomer DeadMan Member

Russia
    it's good if with this update we can connect 2 hdd trought usb hub, and WiiU recognize it. With this feauture we can use usb box like Zalman VE-200 (VE-300). This box can emulate 4 HDD from images placed on physical HDD inside box. I test it on current FW, but no luck, WiiU recognize only first connected Virtual HDD. and vWii also recognize only first connected virtual HDD

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Seems like the new update didn't change the HDD situation. No matter what, the Wii U always asks to format the HDD. When two HDDs are connected, you cannot even get to the Wii U menu, just to the Data Management.

9. n1ckn4m3

Newcomer n1ckn4m3 Member

United States
    The good news is that if you hold B to directly enter vWii mode during boot, you don't get the format prompt... That said, as others have mentioned -- there does not appear to be any additional changes in how the WiiU recognizes disks with the latest update.