just a question for ya all

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DariusEvans, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DariusEvans
    OP

DariusEvans Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Canada
    could a CBHC like the one for the WII U could be done for the ps4 ?

im no programmer or anything like that its just i idea i got and wanted to know if that could work.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Right now, imho, no.

CHBC changes your default title to the haxchi’d DS title and boots that first... same process cannot happen on PS4 afaik.

The best we have is cached exploits in the browser.

Boot up> click browser> auto load hen page> profit.

Hayato213 likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I assume that the ps4's home menu is like a front end, so it has no title id. the apps on the home menu do. this is based on what I know about the vita. with that being said, it might be possible to launch the browser directly, but I'm not really sure. I know the browser has a title id, 'cause there are mods of the graphics of the appmeta for it.

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    My first thought was leverage the “what’s new” panel, but I doubt any of that UI uses JS to display the info, probably XML or something. IDK.

godreborn likes this.
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the difference may be due to the home menu not being a system title. I think the wii u might be which is how cbhc is possible, so it may not be possible actually. I know a lot about the wii u, minimal about the ps4, but I'm not an expert at either. :P

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Maybe in the future, just take a lot of time, the Vita started off a tethered method also, then moved on to enso. It is a long way to go though, the PS4 doesn't even have a shell like Vitashell/Molecular Shell that PS Vita/PS TV, when there is the possibility to install to install homebrew app directly on to the system then maybe.

KiiWii likes this.