ROM Hack Jump Ultimate SuperStars AAR Archive

Daviex

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks i'm see guide but my problem is after Extract lol

ehm double post sorry but I have problems:

I then extract the files. dig and. dtx put them in C: and put the command line but not extract anything from the files. That is not seen nothing it in C: it in other places O_O thanks for the help

Daviex

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scuse for up but i'm no know after this action thank you keshire,

ps. I'm add you msn
smile.gif

Keshire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since this topic is still active here's a pretty indepth guide on how to use the alar tool.

http://neuropod.net/spritersblock/index.ph...g39503#msg39503

QUOTE said:
Okay, but as you know, one requirement is that the ALAR tool is working for you. Also, look into Keshires trashed thread on how to extract the game data files out of the rom. More on that later.

I will try to make that bullet proven, so it should be easy to understand.

Tools you will need:

Alar Tool (Needed for extracting the .dtx files out of the games .aar archive and decompiling .dig files into their RAW format):

http://rapidshare.com/files/60366377/ALAR_tool.rar.html

Hex Editor (Needed for digging out the code for the .dig file out of the .dtx file):

Cygnuns Hex Editor (Freeware):

http://www.softcircuits.com/cygnus/downloads/

or

Hex Workshop (Shareware):

http://www.zdnet.de/downloads/prg/1/8/en10004918-wc.html

Tile Molester (Needed for extracting the tile sprites out of the .dig file):

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/T...er_015a_bin.zip

1st Step, getting the needed files out of the rom.

http://neuropod.net/spritersblock/index.php?topic=2006.0

Scroll down till you find Keshires post about that Rom extractig tool. Simply follow his steps.

2nd Step, Using the ALAR Tool:

Okay, to explain the basics, this tool works with two commands:

alar tool.exe
alar tool.exe

We will ignore the second one, cause this one is used for extracting battle chara sprites, and only works on them in the most recent version.

The first line is generally used to dump RAW Tile sprites out of .dig files, so this line is the one we need to get sfx sprites.

So, now open up with the ALAR tool the "ChrArc.aar" file you will find in the "char" folder of the dumped rom.
You should get something like this:

Little help on digging out the right stuff:
The first 2 letters always stand for the series. For example, the "bb" you see on the screen stands for Bobobo, "bl" for Bleach, "na" for Naruto and so on....
The following letter "b"/"s" stand for battle or support. The following number defines the character. to refer to the screen: "01" for Bobobo, "02" for Don Patchi, "03" for Super Patchi. The last number in the row shows you which koma you are dealing with(Note: Only the koma attacks!), so this also helps in picking out the right chara. If the last number is missing, this is the file containing the basic sprites of this character.

Little example: bb_b_01_4 -> Series: Bobobo, battle character, Bobobo (01), 4 koma attacks

Okay, as an example, I will pick the file "bl_s_01_2.aar" (Bleach, support, chara 1 (Ichigo), koma 2)

Now open up this .aar file with the ALAR tool. You should then get something like this:

The file "bl_s_01_2.dtx" is the texture file for the battle character sprite (or in this case support), so ignore this one.
All the files containing an "e" at the end are the sfx textures we need. In this case we only have one, but usually you will find more within the file.
Extract the "bl_s_01_e20_.dtx" file

3rd step, "hexing" out the dig file information:

Open up the .dtx file with an hex editor.

Scrool down till you find the "DSIG" part. Now select that whole chunk of data till the end of the file and copy it. Only select the DSIG part, or else the decompiler won't recognize the .dig file!

Now paste this data into a new file within the hex editor. Save this file then as an .dig file. I use "test.dig" for presentation purpose.

4th step, dumping the RAW Tile Sprite:

Well, the c++/Java experts among you can now write a bat file, to make things more comfortable, but I will explain it the old fashioned way.

-> Start Menu\Run\cmd

Okay, some basic explanation on how to use the command tool for our purpose. "cd .." will go back one folder. "cd blablabla" will jump into the folder "blablabla", if it should exist in this directory.

Remember that line?
alar tool.exe
Now we are going to need it. Enter it, while "DIG Filename" stands for your .dig file, in our case "test.dig", while choosing pallete number "0". if you don't define a filename/filepath, the raw file will be located on c:\

If you should have problems writing the stuff down the correct way, use my line as an example:

5th step, converting the raw image.

Okay, now open up with the "Tile Molester" program the dumped raw image.
You probably will get something like this:

Since the files only will get dumped through the ALAR tool into the "ABGR 1555" format, you will need to set up your program:
View\Codec\16bp ABGR (1555)
Also make sure to set the mode to "2-dimensional". (view\mode\2-dimensional)

Okay, now you should have something like this:

Still doesn't look quiet right yet, so we now need to resize/realign the sprite. Use the "Width Decrease" Button to decrease the Raw sprite into the right size.

End result should look like this:

Tadah!
Okay, now extract that image into some usable format.
To save as PNG: Edit\Copy to\

And there you have it!

Also one side note:
Some sfx sprites are messed up in colors for some reason, and I don't know why. If I shouldn't find a solution to that problem by myself, I will contact the author again to see if he knows a solution.

nobitapow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kenshire or anyone willing to help me with this problem, i'm at the point where I finished editing the raw file picture (example pic below). How can I get compress the raw file picture back into the Jump Ultimate Stars game? There isn't any program that can let me compress a raw file back into the a .dig file.

tut8jq7.png

Kenshire, I am very interested in replacing sprites for the Jump Ultimate Stars game. I would spend hours ontop of hours just to change JUS sprites. If you have any interest left inside you, me and you can revive your tarnished dream.

QUOTE said:
Okay, but as you know, one requirement is that the ALAR tool is working for you. Also, look into Keshires trashed thread on how to extract the game data files out of the rom. More on that later.

I will try to make that bullet proven, so it should be easy to understand.

Tools you will need:

Alar Tool (Needed for extracting the .dtx files out of the games .aar archive and decompiling .dig files into their RAW format):

http://rapidshare.com/files/60366377/ALAR_tool.rar.html

Hex Editor (Needed for digging out the code for the .dig file out of the .dtx file):

Cygnuns Hex Editor (Freeware):

http://www.softcircuits.com/cygnus/downloads/

or

Hex Workshop (Shareware):

http://www.zdnet.de/downloads/prg/1/8/en10004918-wc.html

Tile Molester (Needed for extracting the tile sprites out of the .dig file):

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/T...er_015a_bin.zip

1st Step, getting the needed files out of the rom.

http://neuropod.net/spritersblock/index.php?topic=2006.0

Scroll down till you find Keshires post about that Rom extractig tool. Simply follow his steps.

2nd Step, Using the ALAR Tool:

Okay, to explain the basics, this tool works with two commands:

alar tool.exe
alar tool.exe

We will ignore the second one, cause this one is used for extracting battle chara sprites, and only works on them in the most recent version.

The first line is generally used to dump RAW Tile sprites out of .dig files, so this line is the one we need to get sfx sprites.

So, now open up with the ALAR tool the "ChrArc.aar" file you will find in the "char" folder of the dumped rom.
You should get something like this:

Little help on digging out the right stuff:
The first 2 letters always stand for the series. For example, the "bb" you see on the screen stands for Bobobo, "bl" for Bleach, "na" for Naruto and so on....
The following letter "b"/"s" stand for battle or support. The following number defines the character. to refer to the screen: "01" for Bobobo, "02" for Don Patchi, "03" for Super Patchi. The last number in the row shows you which koma you are dealing with(Note: Only the koma attacks!), so this also helps in picking out the right chara. If the last number is missing, this is the file containing the basic sprites of this character.

Little example: bb_b_01_4 -> Series: Bobobo, battle character, Bobobo (01), 4 koma attacks

Okay, as an example, I will pick the file "bl_s_01_2.aar" (Bleach, support, chara 1 (Ichigo), koma 2)

Now open up this .aar file with the ALAR tool. You should then get something like this:

The file "bl_s_01_2.dtx" is the texture file for the battle character sprite (or in this case support), so ignore this one.
All the files containing an "e" at the end are the sfx textures we need. In this case we only have one, but usually you will find more within the file.
Extract the "bl_s_01_e20_.dtx" file

3rd step, "hexing" out the dig file information:

Open up the .dtx file with an hex editor.

Scrool down till you find the "DSIG" part. Now select that whole chunk of data till the end of the file and copy it. Only select the DSIG part, or else the decompiler won't recognize the .dig file!

Now paste this data into a new file within the hex editor. Save this file then as an .dig file. I use "test.dig" for presentation purpose.

Well, the c++/Java experts among you can now write a bat file, to make things more comfortable, but I will explain it the old fashioned way.

-> Start Menu\Run\cmd

Okay, some basic explanation on how to use the command tool for our purpose. "cd .." will go back one folder. "cd blablabla" will jump into the folder "blablabla", if it should exist in this directory.

Remember that line?
alar tool.exe
Now we are going to need it. Enter it, while "DIG Filename" stands for your .dig file, in our case "test.dig", while choosing pallete number "0". if you don't define a filename/filepath, the raw file will be located on c:\

If you should have problems writing the stuff down the correct way, use my line as an example:

5th step, converting the raw image.

Okay, now open up with the "Tile Molester" program the dumped raw image.
You probably will get something like this:

Since the files only will get dumped through the ALAR tool into the "ABGR 1555" format, you will need to set up your program:
View\Codec\16bp ABGR (1555)
Also make sure to set the mode to "2-dimensional". (view\mode\2-dimensional)

Okay, now you should have something like this:

Still doesn't look quiet right yet, so we now need to resize/realign the sprite. Use the "Width Decrease" Button to decrease the Raw sprite into the right size.

End result should look like this:

Tadah!
Okay, now extract that image into some usable format.
To save as PNG: Edit\Copy to\

And there you have it!

Also one side note:
Some sfx sprites are messed up in colors for some reason, and I don't know why. If I shouldn't find a solution to that problem by myself, I will contact the author again to see if he knows a solution.

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, thx for the great tool! good job,
anyway i have a problem.. can i ask?

once i extract files from an .aar archive and modify them using for an example "tile molester",
how i can make a new .aar archive with the new files inside? or maybe how i can put this new files into the original .aar archive using repack or replace?

exist a re-pack/replace function for the alar tool? because seems it doing only the extract function, wrog?

thx

y2pablo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keshire said:

-> Start Menu\Run\cmd

Remember that line?
alar tool.exe

i don't understand this part like when i type the things in the command do i press enter or do i just leave it there?

Keshire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every once in awhile I still crack this open to take a whack at the moves files.

It would allow to change the frames, the timing, and the special effects for each individual move. But it was a pretty messed up looking array within the file that I'm still trying to figure out. I 'almost' have it. I can taste it.

Anyway, here's the extremely messy hex workshop structures for the .amt files:
Code:
#pragma byteorder(little_endian)
#pragma hide()

typedef struct Node{
char		Node[4]; //Ascii Node name
}Node;

typedef struct Flag{
ubyte		Unknown; //Maybe the Flag ID to be referenced??
ubyte		Unknown; //Maybe the Flag ID to be referenced??
zstring	String; //Flag name, Null Terminated String
}Flag;

typedef struct ControlByte_2
{
//word		iControl2; //There's something wacky going on here???
ubyte		C1;
ubyte		C2;
ubyte		Unknown;

switch(C1+C2) //I don't like this one bit.
{
case 2:
ubyte	Unknown;
word	Offset[2];
break;
case 3:
ubyte	Unknown[3];
word	Offset[3];
break;
case 4:
ubyte	Unknown[3];
word	Offset[4];
break;
case 5:
ubyte	Unknown[5];
word	Offset[5];
break;
case 6:
ubyte	Unknown[5];
word	Offset[6];
break;
case 7:
ubyte	Unknown[7];
word	Offset[7];
break;
case 8:
ubyte	Unknown[7];
word	Offset[8];
break;
case 9:
ubyte	Unknown[9];
word	Offset[9];
break;
case 10:
ubyte	Unknown[9];
word	Offset[10];
break;
case 11:
ubyte	Unknown[11];
word	Offset[11];
break;
case 12:
ubyte	Unknown[11];
word	Offset[12];
break;
case 13:
ubyte	Unknown[13];
word	Offset[13];
break;
case 14:
ubyte	Unknown[13];
word	Offset[14];
break;
default:
break;
};

}ControlByte_2;

typedef struct ControlByte_1
{
word			ControlByte_1;

switch(ControlByte_1)
{
case 42:
ControlByte_2	ControlByte_2;
break;
case 44:
ubyte		Unknown[2];
break;
case 46:
ubyte		Unknown[4];
break;
case 48:
ubyte		Unknown[6];
break;
default:
break;
};

}ControlByte_1;

#pragma show()

typedef struct MOVE
{
ubyte				MoveID; //Move Number
ubyte				ID[3]; //File #??

word			iMaxFrames;
ubyte				iFramerate; //??
bool				iCollisionEnable; //Collision??
ControlByte_1		ControlByte_1;
//This isn't complete

}MOVE;

struct ALMTheader
{
#pragma lockAt(0x00000000)
char				ID[4]; //'ALMT'
byte					Unknown;
byte					Unknown;
byte					NodeCount;
byte					MoveCount; //Number of Moves Character has...
dword				   FlagCount; //Number of Movement Flags referenced??
Node					Node[NodeCount]; //Nodes??
dword				   MoveOffsets[MoveCount]; //Move Index
word					FlagOffsets[FlagCount]; //Flag Index
Flag				Flags[FlagCount];
byte			Pad[0]; //Padding
};

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow, seems you still can get some juice out of this game. Keshire, I guess if you can complete that, would we be able to make a custom JUS?

Keshire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, seems you still can get some juice out of this game. Keshire, I guess if you can complete that, would we be able to make a custom JUS?

Probably. I haven't taken a look at levels yet though. This is all assuming somebody wants to write up an app to work with it all though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh