ROM Hack Jump Ultimate Stars translation request

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I was wondering if there was a better english patch for Jump Ultimate Stars than the one now. The one now feels like that only the bare minimum was translated rather than a actual translation.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in that old translation, they don't translated what was one of the things that must be translated: the quiz
blink.gif

I think it need a new translation, too.

beerneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that translation they translated every thing they could >> the only things they needed was the graphics and the quiz but to be honest you do not need them to play. It is 95% done which is a lot already.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the best patch out there, the game is already playable. The untranslated quiz has a crapload of text (obviously), and this game is a fighting game to begin with.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
beerneo said:
In that translation they translated every thing they could >> the only things they needed was the graphics and the quiz but to be honest you do not need them to play. It is 95% done which is a lot already.

yes, they did a good work, but I'm certain that the fans of mangas (like me) would like to play the quiz
happy.gif

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Raika said:
It's the best patch out there, the game is already playable. The untranslated quiz has a crapload of text (obviously), and this game is a fighting game to begin with.
yes, yes, whatever. I just made a comment, I haven't criticized anyone
glare.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bean_BR said:
beerneo said:

yes, they did a good work, but I'm certain that the fans of mangas (like me) would like to play the quiz
happy.gif
Not "mangas", it's manga, even when plural.
Also, I would love a translated quiz, but I think the current patch is pretty darn good.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a more complete patch, but the current one is more than adequate. If anything, I'd rather have the grammar in some of the descriptions improved.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Bean_BR said:
beerneo said:

happy.gif
Not "mangas", it's manga, even when plural.
Also, I would love a translated quiz, but I think the current patch is pretty darn good.
sorry for the "mangas", and thanks for the info
biggrin.gif

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For all asking a translation of the quiz, no one will do it, because it's too long. I can remember deufeufeu said that it was like 10.000 lines to translate. No one will bother to translate something that it's not benefitial for the gameplay.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
The game is good. It's the biggest patch, for me that patch was the reason to find this forum
tongue.gif

But the quiz it's a very bad thing that it's not translated but I understand the reason. If the 10,000 lines is true then OMG!!! but If in gamefaqs or somewhere else the question have been translated isn't it possible to just copy them?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are just complaining. The patch was done for everyone and they didn't want to translate something that would take a lot longer to do.

Appreciate what was given to you, which is the majority of the game.

alphenor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I think people are just complaining. The patch was done for everyone and they didn't want to translate something that would take a lot longer to do.

Appreciate what was given to you, which is the majority of the game.

second the motion.
biggrin.gif

besides, if you badly needed one, why not learn the process and translate it yourself?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I memory serves the quiz is another of the simple shiftJIS files and not that will probably trouble you but the pointers are not that bad.

Get it extracted and translate it, I will crowbar it back into the rom.

@Tonitonichopchop that might be more on the cards.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why encourage translators to spend fuckloads of time away from other projects they could be working on something that doesn't matter AT ALL to gameplay in a 100% playable game?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I could never find this 90% translation you speak of.. I only got a 30~ ish percent one.. and it's not that good.. ;-;

Could any of you point me in the right direction to where to get this patch? Thanks.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The single thing that killed me with the translation was the fact that the deck building screen wasn't translated. I hadn't payed super close attention to the tutorial, so I kinda got screwed. I still managed to play and thoroughly enjoy the game for the time that I played it though.

I figure, if somebody wants to translate the rest, they can. Unless you are hardcore into the game though, it isn't all that necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither