Not open for further replies.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
little update : a new wiki section has been add (komas untranslated & translated)

if you own some manga or if you have some japanese knowledge , don't hesitate to check this section to see some untranslated komas and tell the text in the komas edition section
and if someone want to re layout piece.bin (encyclopedia) he's welcome
we have evrything for that file specification (how many letters by lines and how many lines) and the text, just contact me

BTW 65% of text from battle character has been tottaly translated
& 35% of text from support character has been tottaly translated

see you soon for the next news
tongue.gif

ThReAtEnEd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,dear compatriots,I wanted to say you that I really like what you,Deufeufeu and Geunt,are doing^^By the way,if you'll do a french version ill'can help you.See ya

Bonjour chers compatriotes,Je voulais vous dire que j'aime vraiment ce que vous ,Deufeufeu et Geunt,faites^^A propos,si vous faites une version française,je peux vous aider.A plus

nice of you to particularly only thank two of the many people who worked on this proj =)

i realize they are the main ones working, but i bet if i helped a chunk i'd be kinda insulted

I'm really sorry!I didn't know that you worked on.Sorry^^
didn't, but sympathize with people who did because i got discredited before and it sucks balls
grog.gif

all the komas that i KNEW were already translated -.-

hopefully with geunt's new update i can finally help with the proj though ;P

thx everyone

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just looked through the translated Koma's and found that one of TO (Prince of Tennis) Koma's was translated to "You still have lots more to work on...." As a big Prince of Tennis fan I just wanted to say: You should definitly keep this "Mada Mada da ne". this is like the main character's keyphrase, not something you should translate, just like attacknames are not translated.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
as a TO fan too i know that ryoma speak english and use tgis sentences against USA team !

if you check original komas he already speak in english
If you want to talk about komas pleaz use the good thread

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country
There hasnt been any other updates since the first, have any komas or additional texts been patehced into the game yet, but just not released (probably waiting untill all komas are done)?

Wiki says unstable updates are weekly releases, someone should change that
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
There hasnt been any other updates since the first, have any komas or additional texts been patehced into the game yet, but just not released (probably waiting untill all komas are done)?

tongue.gif

Some people were acting stupid with the unstable release even though it was tagged as unstable, so yes, unstable updates are made on a regular basis... on my ds.

I don't know how the same people can complain about the lack of updates and still be the ones having criticized past releases for being *rushed*...

I don't want to start a troll here, so let's take a real piece of information : no new updates until the crash is fixed.

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tongue.gif

Some people were acting stupid with the unstable release even though it was tagged as unstable, so yes, unstable updates are made on a regular basis... on my ds.

I don't know how the same people can complain about the lack of updates and still be the ones having criticized past releases for being *rushed*...

I don't want to start a troll here, so let's take a real piece of information : no new updates until the crash is fixed.
I was wondering deufeufeu, do you know what is the cause of the crash? It crashes on J-Tournament when you start a battle. You know that battle screen? The one that shows all the players' leader faces in art and the username. It freezes before it shows it.
Same for wifi, after the party leader chooses the level, rule, etc, and it starts, it freezes right before the picture shows. You know what I'm talking about deufeufeu?

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Komas are not a priority it s just a GREAT add
priority are making a stable version and text trnaslated

I ve talk with deufeufeu about the freeze yesterday, we follow a track with pname.bin (rank in game due to time playing)

it's one of our modified files that are call in each bugs report, crash in ranking mode at the versus screen or at results array (each team used by AI used a different rank) and crash when going in the player profile, some term in the file cause freeze that s why the last bug comes randomly (due to play time of your savegame), idem for wifi and local network

Btw 72% of battle characters are done ! only 19 characters remaining !
38 % of support are done !

i m working serie by serie, why only 32 ? there is something like 189 support character komas in game and the file order used serie with battle character first ..... because of serie without battle chars (like Eyeshield and PoT) this support are in the end of the file so when battle characrter will be finished i think all the support file will be finished something like 1-2 week after

D

Deleted User

OP
Komas are not a priority it s just a GREAT add
priority are making a stable version and text trnaslated
In fact the komas repacking is already done, with an autodownloader from your translated komas page.

QUOTE said:
I ve talk with deufeufeu about the freeze yesterday, we follow a track with pname.bin (rank in game due to time playing)
No.... that's not the one...

QUOTE said:
it's one of our modified files that are call in each bugs report, crash in ranking mode at the versus screen or at results array (each team used by AI used a different rank) and crash when going in the player profile, some term in the file cause freeze that s why the last bug comes randomly (due to play time of your savegame), idem for wifi and local network
And we have modified something like 40 files, testing should be done on the ds because the bug does not appear on emu... And I don't really want to make 2^40 tryout... So if we spot by luck the cause of the bug it's cool, if not we might need to wait for someone sending a save crashing the game in the same way in NO$GBA...

Btw 72% of battle characters are done ! only 19 characters remaining !
   38 % of support are done !

i m working serie by serie, why only 32 ? there is something like 189 support character komas in game and the file order used serie with battle character first ..... because of serie without battle chars (like Eyeshield and PoT) this support are in the end of the file so when battle characrter will be finished i think all the support file will be finished something like 1-2 week after
They are also repacked in the current internal (understand just mine while I test) version of the patch. And they look great
wink.gif

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
deufeufeu what did you think about keeping original files on this :

Location.bin
pname.bin
bgm.bin
stage.bin
commwin.bin

this two appear in the profile : location & pname
bgm and stage ..... i think they re used during loading and they don't have been adapted in the current patch

and commwin ... system text

if we used orignal files and then break that freeze ... we can try to reinsert each files one by one

Their is something else :
in the VS screen their is 2 fields for each team
name & rank, deufeufeu tells me it s not the rank (pname.bin)...... so maybe it's the name used by AI ! i don't know what file is used but i see once a word like "Musashi" appear on a team ...... musashi as only been used on komatxt.bin ..... (but i don t understand why a support komas is named here ....)...variable stuff or other file ?

i ll re test in game with emu to check

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
see, to me this is not different than the first project now.

you are debugging the patch internally by yourself, because an open patch and bug reporting will just be too hectic and chaotic to manage.

that's the same as the first project, except the debugging will be done by an internal team instead of just yourself.

but i digress.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
only deufefeu debugging because....

I don't know anything about roms modification, extract/reinsert
i try to help by thinking with logical
action -> script & files are called -> analysed by engine -> execution -> result (something like this)
actually text insertion is not a mater ... so checking content can wait

It's a technical bug... i think we can only spot the bug for deufeufeu and try to give him max infos as possible and maybe our savegame for check

You re right it s like the first project when we talk about debugging ... THIS IS NOT DEBUGGING IT S NOT THE RIGHT WORD !
in the first project "debug team" must report bugs to FAST6191... that s all !

actually .. it 's the same ... but there is no "debug" team, evryone is a "debugteam" because you can download the patch ad check yourself then report here or on the wiki

D

Deleted User

OP
see, to me this is not different than the first project now.

you are debugging the patch internally by yourself, because an open patch and bug reporting will just be too hectic and chaotic to manage.

that's the same as the first project, except the debugging will be done by an internal team instead of just yourself.

but i digress.
That's really not true, the only reason there's no releases apart from the noob bitching is because making a standalone patcher is boring as I'm not using windows. But I can do dev snapshots, just only one thing, any questions about these here will be ignored, at least by myself. http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...lation#Releases

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just looked up this Koma:
rk_15_3dl.png

in my VIZ manga release of Rurouni Kenshin. The exact words in that frame are: "those words... are a law of nature"
reffering to a two or three frames back where Shishio says: "In this world, the strong live.... and the weak die."

sprat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry. i'm not understanding how to use the dps patcher or the dev snapshot. I dont even know what its for. help anyone?

D

Deleted User

OP
i'm sorry. i'm not understanding how to use the dps patcher or the dev snapshot. I dont even know what its for. help anyone?

myselfany questions about these here will be ignored, at least by myself

mmm how can you click the link and not read the text just before...
don't ask any question about this here, if you are not able to use a three parameters command line utility that display a little help when run, then you need the noob proof standalone patch with patcher, which will be not released until real progress have been made. The dev snapshot have no use to you apart from keeping an open approach, so if anyone (at least anyone with command line skills
tongue.gif
) can use it good for him, if not i don't care. if you think I'm harsh, then go ask about a freeze in an unofficial unstable package in the main debian mailing list, and you'll see what it is
wink.gif
(I sound serious, but I'm half-joking)
So for anybody here, if you can use it, it's good, if you can't don't talk about it here, if you want ask about the dps patcher and how to use it on the wiki, and when I've the time I (or anyone) can post more info about it.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Just tryed the dev snapshot and is quite nice even while some komas are hard to read...

anyway... since komas were in japanese before... having a hard time reading them is better than not being able to read them at all heh ^^

nice work ^^ havent tryed the multiplayer thingie to check the freeze

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

myself said:
any questions about these here will be ignored, at least by myself

mmm how can you click the link and not read the text just before...
don't ask any question about this here, if you are not able to use a three parameters command line utility that display a little help when run, then you need the noob proof standalone patch with patcher, which will be not released until real progress have been made. The dev snapshot have no use to you apart from keeping an open approach, so if anyone (at least anyone with command line skills
tongue.gif
) can use it good for him, if not i don't care. if you think I'm harsh, then go ask about a freeze in an unofficial unstable package in the main debian mailing list, and you'll see what it is
wink.gif
(I sound serious, but I'm half-joking)
So for anybody here, if you can use it, it's good, if you can't don't talk about it here, if you want ask about the dps patcher and how to use it on the wiki, and when I've the time I (or anyone) can post more info about it.
hehe, cool I see some of my Edited KOMAs in this 2nd patch ^__^... Command Prompt was easy
tongue.gif
it should look like this:

screenhunter003uy6.jpg

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I KNOW HOW TO REPRODUCE FREEZE IN THE EMU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it 's because of helper !!!!!!!! (information characters)
if i use original pirate jump and only him, not the random (first one of the list) or the last one ... no freezes with my g6 and with emu.... but if i use someone else like lady as helper ... mentionned freeze appears !!!!!

i ve try and i ve fight a complete ranking 3 mode(capture J-symbol) and ranking mode 1 (gains point by knocking opponent)! before, i ve used other helper (i love using lady because i was a cobra fan when i was young) so, like evryone, freeze comes since i ve selected my deck in ranking mode 3.... and we doesn t have reproduce in emu because we only use JUMP PIRATE !!!!! (try on my G6 and on IDeaS... i dont know how to import savegame in no$gba ...so i doesn t try this one)

so deufeufeu maybe it s just because of stamp on helper text !!

BTW dev snap is good for one thing, Komas editor !
like this they can see his work directly ingame and make some modification after (lisibility)

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country
unstable updates are made on a regular basis... on my ds.

Lol..
biggrin.gif

I didnt mean to sound like I was complaining, its just I dont want to see the project go dead like the other one did. If we see an update each week, even if very little has been done, atleast we can see its not actualy dead
biggrin.gif

Its also good to see the head of the project be posting in his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...