Not open for further replies.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
could you report me any bug in encyclopedia ?

i ve try something that s why eyeshield freeze ... i think death note summaries should freeze too
and did you try ranking mode ?

Aril

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Eyeshield does Freeze but everything's fine with death note.

Even though ranking mode still crashes it's possible to play if you skip
the result screen quickly.

And sorry to say that Geunt, but normally you have to finish each sentence you write with a dot " . " .
It's kinda disturbing when you write long posts without any...
rolleyes.gif

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ouais bah je fait ce que je peut lol..... je tape vite et ca fait pas longtemp que je suis reveillé
tongue.gif

So

I think we need a poll
You have two choice, The freeze in ranking mode happens because of pname.bin (rank name)
I ve try different way to modify this file and it still crash....

so Two choice
I m removing the translated file and keep japanese one ?
or i keep the translated file and game freeze remains the same

it s up to you
Why did i ask you about that ? it s because i think ranking mode is useless, IA in the game are very stupid, and the game is very fun in J-universe mode or multiplayer play (i ve finish the game and i only play in this two mode)

i don't want to take this decision alone so if someone can create a poll ....

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
if you keep the japanese file, what exaclty stays in japanese ?

Notice: for me the ranking mode don't freeze just presse A fst when the scroebroad arrive! and its don't freeze

And Geunt, i find a simple way lol : Make a patch with full english translation but with ranking mode freeze (not for me!) and a patch with japanese ranking mode but without freeze

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i vote to remove the translation and keep the japanese rank names unless the freeze/crash can be fixed somehow.

this translation is not 100% (and probably will never be) anyways. for example, we still have the gem system message in japanese.

i rather have a little more japanese in the game than to have crashes interfere with my gaming.

K

KaliKot

OP
if its just minor then its fine. Some screenshots of the places where it wont be translated perhaps?

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
if it the rank name (like your rank aka soul dancer, hero, JUS star etc...) this rank is also available in your profile and i like to see this one translated so for me is the ranking japanese file removed this amazing thing I prefer keep on english ranking mode

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ya, i agree, as much as we love the translation, since some of us already played through the game once in Japanese, don't mind if it stays (at least i don't).

If the game could stop crashing ( i haven't had the game crash on me yet, not sure wich of the mods needs playing for it to crash, i played some ranking i think, and nothing happend) But yeah, would be nice to see what part actually would stay untranslated. =)

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick notice (sorry if this has been mentioned before) :

I'm using an M3Simply with the latest firmware at 1.13, and I don't get ANY freeze from the Rankings Mode. I've only tried Tournament Deathmatch mode, so I can't say about the Stars Collection and Points System Mode or the others, but it hasn't frozen on me for version 23-03-08, nor the previous 08-03-08.

Is the problem dependant on the type of flashkart / digital memory card you use when playing Jump! Ultimate Stars?

Using 2GB Kingston Japan microSD, btw.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, just wanted to provide a temporary link for all those who can't access Deufeufeu's wiki page to retrieve the files needed for patching your ROM. It includes the DPS Patcher as well as the latest revision provided by geunt, as of this post, jus-eng-dev23_03_08. Here it is :

Sinkhead Edit: Virus scanner dislikes this file, link removed.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys

we should have people try and duplicate the problem first before doing anything.

if the game does crash I feel that a stable patch is better than an unstable patch.

Ranking Mode is cool but its not cool if your game freezes on you. best leave it out until something stable comes out.

my two cents.
cheers on the excellent progress

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
c2ironfist said:
hey guys

we should have people try and duplicate the problem first before doing anything.

if the game does crash I feel that a stable patch is better than an unstable patch.

Ranking Mode is cool but its not cool if your game freezes on you. best leave it out until something stable comes out.

my two cents.
cheers on the excellent progress

You have to understand that the team is progressively updating the game translation at every iteration, and bugs are sure to pop out due to limited user testing on their part. It is your privilege to even have a patch that is constantly being updated into newer revisions. If you find a problem, post it here, at least you'll ease the patching process by informing the team about the technical problems. They would look into it and resolve it in future iterations. It is, after all, a community project : we need the community to contribute if we want it to succeed, and the project would go so much faster if people posted their findings.

If you wish to have a bug-free translation patch, wait for the final edition, or stick to older iterations of the patch. If you've been keeping track of the PC gaming world recently (and in the past), you'd notice even version 1.0s don't guarantee perfect usability, especially in modern PC games where launch-date retail copies tend to be filled with bugs and problems from the get-go.

Besides, how are we to release a stable patch without first making sure it is stable to begin with?
blink.gif
Aren't stable patches derived from troubleshooting unstable ones?

lordhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't have any problem with my supercard lite in the ranking mode, the only strange thing is when i win the game goes a little slow on the ranking list, but that's all, it's perfect here, anyone with supercard lite to confirm this too? (SC firm ver1.85, patcher ver 2.65, fake micro sd sandisk 1gb, on patch i used "enable reset", "faster play game" and "enable patch cartridge access")
ps.: don't use the Trim ROM ^^

EDIT: I forgot to mention, i'm with 15hours of gameplay and no single freeze =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol