ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question doesn't pertain to this particular project, but is this team behind the FFTA2 project as well?

My other question is about the Quiz portion of Jump, I'm assuming you guys aren't bothering with that task seeing as it's a huge effort for something that doesn't pertain to the gameplay.

D

Deleted User

This question doesn't pertain to this particular project, but is this team behind the FFTA2 project as well?

My other question is about the Quiz portion of Jump, I'm assuming you guys aren't bothering with that task seeing as it's a huge effort for something that doesn't pertain to the gameplay.
I think you've posted under the wrong topic, I am the one behind the "romhacking" part of the FFTA2 project. jquizz will not be translated by any team. If you have some courage you can find the file here : http://deufeufeu.free.fr/jus/jquiz.txt (the text for question is just after the looooong header). There's 17434 lines of text to translate.

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He's right. The article says "Deufeufeu promises to deliver a patch this weekend, with regular stable and unstable releases to follow"

Really, if something like this was happening, wouldn't it be mentioned here? I'm not believing anything like that until its mentioned on this thread, as websites can make up whatever they want.

The screenshots are lovely though
smile.gif
Though the menu isn't translated, but I don't know if you were planning to translate it. Then again...wasn't that the point of this thread in the first place...?
wacko.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He's right. The article says "Deufeufeu promises to deliver a patch this weekend, with regular stable and unstable releases to follow"

Really, if something like this was happening, wouldn't it be mentioned here? I'm not believing anything like that until its mentioned on this thread, as websites can make up whatever they want.

The screenshots are lovely though
smile.gif
Though the menu isn't translated, but I don't know if you were planning to translate it. Then again...wasn't that the point of this thread in the first place...?
wacko.gif

You do know there's a patch already released eh?

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
so while everyone is all ga-ga over the other JUS translation project, i can't seem to get any help or advice. maybe we can get some real work done over here...

anyways, i am going to start editing the koma graphics. you can download them in .png formate at deufeufeu's wiki http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...JUS_Translation

he also included a link to gamefaqs that have the koma text partially translated. my problem is that i don't know which .png file is referring to which koma in the faq. i mean i can kind of guess some of them since the file name sort of indicates the series title. but since i am not familiar with ALL of the series in this game, i don't want to screw it up.

for example, i kind of guessed that bc01.png is for the Black Cat series. luckily the first image is also the first character listed in the faq for the series, Eve. By the description in the FAQ i knew that i was right. they were talking about a mermaid transformation for Eve's 2 koma and that's also what the image shows.

if anyone has a better way of identifying which .png is which koma, that'll be greatly appreciated. or if you know the game/manga and can identify the series/character just by looking, maybe you can help me identify the .png files that way too.

any help will be greatly appreciated. =) hopefully i can get some responses here.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so while everyone is all ga-ga over the other JUS translation project, i can't seem to get any help or advice. maybe we can get some real work done over here...

anyways, i am going to start editing the koma graphics. you can download them in .png formate at deufeufeu's wiki http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...JUS_Translation

he also included a link to gamefaqs that have the koma text partially translated. my problem is that i don't know which .png file is referring to which koma in the faq. i mean i can kind of guess some of them since the file name sort of indicates the series title. but since i am not familiar with ALL of the series in this game, i don't want to screw it up.

for example, i kind of guessed that bc01.png is for the Black Cat series. luckily the first image is also the first character listed in the faq for the series, Eve. By the description in the FAQ i knew that i was right. they were talking about a mermaid transformation for Eve's 2 koma and that's also what the image shows.

if anyone has a better way of identifying which .png is which koma, that'll be greatly appreciated. or if you know the game/manga and can identify the series/character just by looking, maybe you can help me identify the .png files that way too.

any help will be greatly appreciated. =) hopefully i can get some responses here.
I know a lot of series, I could probably help with this.
smile.gif

ThReAtEnEd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me it says it's not a valid win32 application

edit: i downloaded their patch and the exe file, i drag the jus onto the exe then it says /Desktop/jus patcher whatever is not a win32 application

did i do something wrong?

D

Deleted User

edit: i downloaded their patch and the exe file, i drag the jus onto the exe then it says /Desktop/jus patcher whatever is not a win32 application

The fact that your using the term *their* is perhaps a hint that you have posted to the wrong thread. no ?
By the way, don't post it in the other thread, I won't respond to this kind of issue, I'm not using windows and I'm just releasing exe files as a courtesy.

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country

That means your download failed and it didnt complete the file. Download it again.

I dont think everyone went to the other project, or anyone...

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, what, everyone moved to the next project? COME ON GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
Actually, I'm assuming alot of people jumped to this one because this one actually does some work. The other guys just translated stuff and said that they were going in to private tests. Whats the point of that? Translations are for fun, who really cares if there are bugs in it, or if it's not finished, that's the point of a multiple releases. Also, the other project seems dead, no ones updated in like months.

D

Deleted User

This translation had a great start and all... but... it ended up practically completely frozen, with no updates (and also saying it'll be out christmas time, which it wasn't). I think that if this project actually started to try again and maybe release a beta patch at least (for what they've done so far), that would be great.
BTW if this seems rude, I'm not trying to be lol

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I mean that the reason they did it was because of the incompetence of this project (OK, a bit harsh words lol)

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean that the reason they did it was because of the incompetence of this project (OK, a bit harsh words lol)

Without this project there would be no NEW project.
I want to say GTFO, but that would be rude. :if-only-gbatemp-had-a-middle-finger-emoticon:

The project never claimed to be finished at any time. That Christmas date was only an estimation, and it was for the INTERNAL beta patch. It wouldn't bother you anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1