ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
hi all, i would like a confirmation from people that actually played the game regarding some abilities.
QUOTE said:
# ???? Hold on
# ??????????????? With this ability, by guarding on the ground,
# ?????????????? you will be stationary and immobile.
this is taken from ability_t.bin number 16-18. the shown translation is a little different than GameFaqs and i would like to know which one is closer to the actual effect.

GameFaqs says it's "you will remain stationary when guarding on a moving platform." which makes more sense to me by my understanding of kanji (i only understand chinese/kanji, not japanese), but i would like to confirm.

QUOTE# ?????? Auto Guard
# ??????????????????? The ability to use the special gauge
# ??????????????????? to automatically guard when attacking.
this is taken from number 10-12. on GameFaq it just says you will auto-guard by using Special Guage. can someone who's played the game please clarify when this actually takes effect? is it actually like the translation, that you will auto-guard when "attacking"??

it kind of made more sense to me if you will auto-guard when "being attacked." but i would like to confirm this as well.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Cleaning Stage starts today!
This means that from now on, once a file has been cleaned by me, it will be assigned to a corrector in order to make it more readable and consistent.
Talking about consistency, we need to take some conventions about names and cases so here's a temporary list:

Special Gauge (no SP Gauge, Special Bar or even special gauge).
special move (rather than special attack and always in lower case).
J-Soul (rather than JSoul).
UP: always use ability modificators with the format Strength UP rather than Strength+ unless it's specifically Strength+1 or something like that and the name of the attribute starting with upper case.
life bar rather than health bar and always in lower case.
J-Universe rather than JUniverse or JWorld.
help koma is different than support koma. They use lower case.

As I said before, this list is temporary and open to discussion, but please try to follow it and raise any questions or suggestions that you feel are needed (both translators and everyone that's following the thread or has played the game and has suggestions to make).

Happy Correction Stage everyone!!
also a question regarding naming conventions to keep things consistent. to my understanding (based on GameFaqs.com) "J-Soul" is the same as life bar or health bar. Should we just stick to J-Soul? I got confused because the naming convention listed both J-Soula nd life bar.

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no no no
Dont know about DBZ, but there isn't character "2nd Gear Luffy" in one piece. "2nd gear" is something like battle tech in manga. That is why in ORIGINAL jus "2nd gear" in brackets too. Also about Ichigo (Bankai), Seya (golden) and Naruo (Kubbi).
But SS Goku, SS2 Goku, Nami with Perfet Clima tact, Caramelman J arent in brackets in original jus.
I think it's better to leave things like they were in jap
so

Luffy (2nd Gear)
Ichigo (Bankai)
Seya (golden)

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
#  ????  Hold on
# ??????????????? With this ability, by guarding on the ground,
# ?????????????? you will be stationary and immobile.
your opponent cant 'move' you if u guarding=>He cant ring out u if he didnt broke your guard. Pretty userful for noobs btw (=

QUOTEit kind of made more sense to me if you will auto-guard when "being attacked." but i would like to confirm this as well.
I confirm (=
dont forget to menton, it takes one sp gauge

j-soul = hp of the battler.
i am not shure, but it looks like it's only maximum hp characteristic of battle koma. Current hp=life bar (because in missions it's always "Finish with full life bar", not j-soul). But when u view battle komas characteristics while deck constructing it's 'j-soul'

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just checked it - with this help koma attached battler still move when attacked. But knock back distance is much, much shortly(komared punck atack move you ~5mm without this help and ~1mm with it)
srr for little mistake, but this help just... useless (= So i didnt rlly use it before

Sir5er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me but should i be viewing the files in my internet browser or some other program because all i can come up with is "??" for where the japanese text should be.

However

181. Vegita should be Vegeta

182. Super Vegeta
Should this be like this? I'd like some information on what he looks like in this form. Is he super sayin but really bulked up or just normal with extra strength?

Please help with the non-seeing-of-text-issue.
Thanks!

bouzekry

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Excuse me but should i be viewing the files in my internet browser or some other program because all i can come up with is "??" for where the japanese text should be.

However

181. Vegita should be Vegeta

182. Super Vegeta
Should this be like this? I'd like some information on what he looks like in this form. Is he super sayin but really bulked up or just normal with extra strength?

Please help with the non-seeing-of-text-issue.
Thanks!

you have to add oriental languages support in your windows, you need the win cd for that,
just go in the control panel and there is an option there to modify that (dunno the name in english exactly)

Xgen001

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think that the most commonly used names for moves and stuff is best.

Like even though we want to keep it consistent with the original japanese stuff. Super Saiyan is so well known and it doesnt sound bad. I think that its fine.

Also, I think it is just more practical to say

Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan 2)
Naruto (Kyuubi)
Ichigo (Bankai)

it just makes everything alot tidier. so you only have to focus on the names. it'll make it easier for people who dont follow the series.

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
it just makes everything alot tidier. so you only have to focus on the names. it'll make it easier for people who dont follow the series.
I newer reads naruto and DBZ. Only jump manga I'm reading is OP. I finished jus 100% and dont have any problems. Did u play this game? I think no.
And i foriginal creators wrote Super Saiyan Goku, not Goku (Super Saiyan), i think they made it for purpose.

Btw, jus notice - in jus there isn't "Sup. S. 2 Goku" Goku8 koma named "Vegetto".

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Naruto
Naruto Kyuubi
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan 2 Goku
Luffy
Luffy 2nd Gear

Think this sounds the best
wink.gif

I think this naming scheme is better, as laymen (those who don't know the anime and characters in question) can understand from the get-go which is more powerful.
? u all - play game BEFORE post stupin things, lol

Sir5er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having watched DBZ english and jap, i can say for certain that these are vegetas forms:

Vegeta
SSj Vegeta
USSj Vegeta : Also called Super Vegeta but less commonly known as this.
SSj 2 Vegeta
SSj 4 Vegeta

Majin Vegeta occurs somwhere between SSj 2 and USSj

So my question was to anybody who has seen Super Vegeta form in JUS ( im waiting for this translation before i play ) whether he looks like a super sayin or not. Because if he does Super Vegeta refers to USSj and i belive "Ultra Super Sayin Vegeta" would be a better name for his form.

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Super Vegeta is the pump up version of Vegeta who was bashing Cell 2nd form. And I do remember that he called himself Super Vegeta. So I think you should stay with this name

Majin Vegeta is NOT Super Vegeta, Majin Vegeta is just a pump up version of the Super Saiyan 2 form. So these two things are totaly different.

Edit:
Besides Vegeta has never become USSJ, USSJ was the form who Future Trunks transformed to, you know the big muscleman with realy slow speed
wink.gif

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
for those that played the game, this part of the translation from ability_t.bin seems like it's missing some japanese text, can you guys help confirm? and even better, if you can provide screenshots or the actual text/translation would be great:

QUOTE said:
# ???? Friendship Koma
# ??????????????????? The ability to use Super Tag when Friendship,
# ?????????????????? Effort and Victory Komas are joined together.
# ???? Effort Koma
# ???? Victory Koma
it seems like the 3 types of koma is just randomly placed around a description of the ability. so i guess the question is, what is the actual name/translation for this ability "to use Super Tag when Friendship, Effort, and Victory Komas are joined together."??

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
it looks like... tag team from JSS (old game)
I am serious.
In JSS u could use some super-attacks with 2 battlers if u have all 3 _jump_ komas
Here is some info from game faqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925599/42860
QUOTE said:
In order to do any tag-team attack, you must have A) 2 battle komas (4-7 squares
in size), and B) the Friendship, Effort, and Victory help komas

In JUS there are NOT tag-teams.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: colonel, I'm trying to sneak around +1