Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is anyone doing the translation for the Manga information/synopsis thingies? Because if you need a translator for that.
wink.gif
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Translators are always welcome Orc and that is a nice chunk of text if you are offering.

As for making a patch some TV series appeared around here so some may get watched but I will see about something preliminary shortly.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translators are always welcome Orc and that is a nice chunk of text if you are offering.

As for making a patch some TV series appeared around here so some may get watched but I will see about something preliminary shortly.
You say you're watching TV, but we all know that you're just too busy with your Pokemans, just like the rest of us...
wink2.gif

It will be great to see a patch soon though
toot.gif

sumedho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A build would be good soon to see how things look. I've done a bit in commwin.bin but it has a lot of sentence stems which will probably turn out arse backwards (very engrish) when its put together in the game.
smile.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To all those requesting nightly builds, it's not only that FAST hasn't had the time, but also my fault for not implementing the job I promised. What's more, with my new job I'll probably won't have a way to do it, so I'll have to find a workaround. Anyway, I would suggest not being so impatient and wait till the work is done, 'cause we're all busy with our own lives
smile.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: Next phase: correction stage.
Remember what I said about a director class that would compile the phrases to be included in the game? Well, as you all know I got a new job and I won't be able to make it, so I came up with an idea to work around it and I decided correctors will be the new directors.
This is how the process will go:

1. Volunteer
We need people who have played the game (JSS or JUS) so they are familiar with the concepts that are being talked about like triple/triangular jumps, spirit attacks, etc... If you have, flip through some of the files at the site: crisistunity/justp/, sign up with your GBATemp username and then volunteer to correct in this thread stating the file you want to work on (only one at a time and it has to be already complete). If your request is accepted (you can talk about your experience with the game or anime featured in it, etc), I will upgrade you to corrector and leave a message through GBATemp.

2. The process
As a corrector your job will be going through all the phrases in a file from start to end selecting those translations that will be included and erasing all the rest (left click and then select "yes"). If none of the phrases is correct to you then you can add your own translation (click on the original phrase in pink and input your own) if you know Japanese or copy-paste the phrase and it's index here so others can help. The result will be a file completely translated with only one translation per phrase (one pink phrase and one blue phrase). When you are done with a file, leave a message in the forum so others can review and approve it to be dumped.

3. Timing
The correction stage will start as soon as all files are 100% (or more
tongue.gif
) translated since, once this happens, all translator accounts will be frozen and only correctors will be able to operate. Estimated time: probably next weekend[/s].

4. Conventions
When correcting, you must take this rules into account. They have already been discussed in this thread and consensuated:
1· Keep character names romanized.
2· Keep move names in their translated and romanized form (should be already good in the translated text).
3· 'Koma' is the accepted form for 'frame', so don't translate it.
4· If any doubt arises, just post for help: there's always people watching and ready to help. This way you'll be helping yourself and others at the same time.
5· Tip: take notes on paper; that way you can write down phrase that you feel need to be discussed, words you don't understand, etc...

p1noypr1de

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just a note...your estimated time for completion of translations as next weekend makes sense EXCEPT for the three big files: chr_s_t.bin, chr_b_t.bin and piece.bin.

Three reasons:
1- They are ridiculously long with over a thousand lines
2- Some words were not dumped properly, and I'd have to look for those phrases in the game to double-check what the hell they're supposed to be.
3- We need more translators that are actually familiar with those manga (especially for the moves, descriptions, etc)

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@p1noypr1de: I didn't know the dump was corrupt. Is it occasional or serious problem? Dude, that sucks. I don't think I can fix that properly asking FAST for another dump 'cause all that would mess with the indexes. Anyway, don't worry about the date, it was just an estimation.

Do you guys have any ideas where we can get some translators?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if those three are the only files that cause a problem, finish the rest first, make a patch with all of that translation, THEN start working on fixing and translating those certain files.

Glenn_Nox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey um, I foudn a kick butt JUS rom and uh.. i need help cause its in japanese.. i nee the translation patch and how to work it and any other files i need. zank you!

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To all those asking for a patch: It hasn't been done yet and it will take some time although, as you see, we're working hard on it.

To all those asking for nightly builds: developing nightly builds in a project as extensive like this and where the text hasn't still be corrected would only mean a lot of work for nothing and we are all busy people here, so no nightly builds will be released. Anyway, we're working as hard as possible to complete soon.

Where can we find the patch? It will be published in the translation site (crisistunity.com/justp/) as soon as it's been compiled by FAST, but don't expect that to happen just tomorrow. As OSW said, patience is key here. If it makes you happy (it makes me happy at least) you can check the homepage to see the completion rate.

How can I help?
1) not asking for nightly builds
2) most of you follow your animes fansubbed, so try to contact the team that is fansubbing yours (email, forum, contact form...) and tell them about this project. If you have Japanese friends or friends learning Japanese, recruit them too.

Seraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was surprised to see requests like that, especially because you were saying 'we need more translators' only two posts above those. Anyway, I have been watching the progress, it's kinda neat to be able to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay