SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Only way to make Sony lose their money is spread your friends and families not to buy NGP and SONY PS3 anymore. That's simple.

You would also have to boycott all Sony electronics and movies and TV produced by Columbia Pictures, Tri-Star, and Sony Pictures.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elvarg said:
What if you visited the site from a different country arnt there different juristrictions and laws about copyright laws.
They probably will still get your IP, but they'll most definitely not press any charges.

Even if you were from America, they STILL wouldn't press charges. They don't have time.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This is hilarious. I'm going to email Sony and tell them that I visited the site, what time and date I did, and also tell them that I hacked my PS3 for homebrew use. I mean what the hell are they going to do about it?

I did nothing illegal. Though I can't say the same about the judge that ok'd this.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oooooh boy... the legal implications of this is insane. The precedent set is gonna ruin freedom for all of us people (if future lawsuits choose to use this case as a precedent to further their own causes). Thanks American legal system.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've defended Sony in the past, but it's getting kinda ridiculous. Nothing's going to happen to those who viewed the stuff, but it still doesn't sit right with me. The court just set a dangerous precedent, and I doubt Sony even needed the info.

EDIT: OK, after reading into this a bit more, Sony apparently wants the info to show how widely distributed the files are and to try Geohot in California. They're not "tracking" the individual user. While this still isn't a good thing (I already mentioned the precedent issue), it's not as bad as everyone seems to be making it out to be. We really need to cut down on sensationalist titles here.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't think I will ever buy a sony product again. Not only are they expensive here and are not really durable, now the company even wants to track you down?!? Gosh, you have gone too far this time. No more NGP for me >:(

Soldjermon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soldjermon.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
from what I've been reading, that we're all pretty pissed off at of what Sony is doing to us customers of ever getting any Sony products(the PS3 mainly), and all that we've done is telling Sony to piss off, which I doubt that would phase Sony at all. unless we all actually do something to drive Sony out of business and show them up of who really is the boss here; with or without money involved, us bickering of what Sony is not going to do anything to stop this at all.
to what make Sony even more pissed off and drive the company out of business completely, we all could post the keys and maybe GeoHotz' site with the keys and files on multiple or fake: ISPs, IP addresses, accounts, hosting servers, countries, and maybe on Sony servers themselves; if someone is smart and stealthy enough to do the Sony servers.
this case of what Sony is doing could go even farther, to spread to maybe Nintendo and Microsoft would join in to stop console hacking once and for all, and the anti-piracy companies could be able to get the rights to control all of the internet with full force; which would be really sad news to all of us. it's like all of the companies who does movies, games, programs and other digital data would want to control every aspect of us using the internet and what we can and can't do on it.

it's like dictatorship and control, and I don't like it at all, because I hate people controlling me and my life, of what I can and can't do.

hell, if Sony actually had the guts to sue everyone on this planet, had the rights to and was able to, I would actually let them try to sue me, find me, arrest me, confiscate all of my electronics and other stuff, etc.. because that no matter how much Sony would want to stop their PS3 from being hacked completely and used for homebrew(which usually piracy is a side effect; is what most companies primarily focus on), Sony cannot stop me or anyone else for that matter; from thinking about hacking electronics, consoles, computers(in a good way and won't hurt anyone else's computers, mind you), and other stuff.
we hack, because that we're fascinated of what we have so much, that we want to dig in and see of how they function together in one, what features they have, how the features work, how the programming and/or OS works, what parts can come off, what parts that are permanently attached, etc.. we also learn that we can make our own software, hardware, computers, consoles and all of the electronics you see around the world; if we are educated and capable enough to do so.

since that Sony and DMCA are getting the upper-hands on this, we need to make a stand to this and support our fellow hacker(s); for freedom of hacking our own consoles that we had bought legally, as well as other electronics in the world that we own! we cannot sit behind the sidelines any longer! let's fight with all of our tools we have, to protect our own freedoms of console and systems hacking!

- Soldjermon

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
Fuck you sony We have our privacy...
I visited geohot site and watched his videos and don't have a PS3.....
Guys we definitely need to do something here...

I was planing to get a ps3 or an NGP......
Now welldone sony you just lost a customer...
Now I'll definitely buy a 3DS So that nintendo's sales will go even higher than sony's
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.