Hacking Jtag questions

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about Jtagging a jasper console that I have come across. I have done some research and am pretty sure that the xbox is jtaggable by the dashboard number. The dashboard is 2.0.6717.0 and the kernal is the same number as well. Ok now on to my questions.... I have looked at many tutorials and wiring diagrams and see that most of the things that are need can be picked up at Radioshack such as diodes and such. But then i have been digging a little deeper and have found that many modchip sites offer xecuter QSB for nand-x and Jtag kits. First, what exactly would be the easiest way to perform the jtag on the jasper console. Second, if I bought the QSB kits from a modchip reseller what exactly would I need to get to do the jtagging to the xbox. I know of course that I would need the solder gun, solder, etc., but i want to make sure that i purchase the right things? ALso what is the best noob frienly guide to use for Jtagging.

Thanks in advance for the help

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well you need a NAND-X for starters to dump the NAND.
Then some wires and diodes.

A good jTAG guide is found here
Iirc the jTAG wiring diagram can be found in j-runner.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's either a NAND-X (which is quicker) or homemade LPT cable (slower and you'll have to make it yourself from a printercable with some diodes)

Then determine your CB.
If it's patched then your only option is to update it to 13599 or 14699 and preform the RGH.

edit:
I think that NAND-X's are coming fully provided with the materials needed for jTAG yep.
I'm not entirely sure about it so forgive me if I'm wrong on it.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd go for a j-runner over a nand-x. J-runner can program the sonus as well (if you choose to get one at some point) and no doubt will be able to program anything else they come out with. Nand-x can't and won't be updated (not their code).

Doesn't come with everything, but extra cost is a waste of money. You only need a couple of transistors and a few resistors and your sorted (aud_clamp transistor method is better than old diode method).

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks Armadillo. I am considering getting the j-runner. So if i get this then I also need to order Jtag kit #2 as well? I was also looking for an installation guide on the j-runner but couldn't find a link anywhere. BTW this will be my first Jtag. LOL

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not familiar with the kit numbers. Assuming it says it's for a Jasper board, then yes.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84696

J-runner points for reading the nand, seems it using the same colour scheme as the nand-x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1