Hardware Joycon Drift Solutions?

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Silicon spray is not recommended, as it will definitely leave residue.
Yeah it leave silicon residue. I figured I'd test it out anyways. Used it on a joycon I didn't use anymore so I don' mind if it messes it up.

I should edit that post to not suggest anyone else test.

I can say clicking the joysticks feels much better. Easier to click and doesn't feel as mushy. The joystick moves super smooth.

Also curious about what the original 'film' is on the graphite pads. (As mentioned in the joystick breakdown videos)

Update: Almost a month later, my joysticks still haven't started to drift again. Went ahead and sprayed my other drifting joycon a week ago. The sticks still move very smooth, seems like this stuff works!

Last edited by TheCasualties,

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got a known solution that requires no more hardware than maybe a screwdriver? I've tried the rubbing alcohol trick under the rubber with a q-tip, and it works temporarily. Within a few hours it's back to it. It specifically drifts up.

I intend to buy a HORI set as I've heard they have no reported drift, but that's another 2 weeks until I get paid and can do so. Any known solution to hold me over?
unfortunately there's no permanent fix; the joycon drift is because of the part that picks up the inputs from the joycon is shitty and breaks

Hector Ludovino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF your nuintendo switch isnt under warranty, just buy new joystick and make the change.

they are very cheap in aliexpress. like 5 dollar for 2 of them

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can confirm, alcohol is working great, just not be thrifty with it. It dries quickly and without residue and does not conduct electricity.

kokotas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just paid 20 euros to have both joycons fixed even though only the left one had the drift issue. I read somewhere that it costs around 15 euros to order a repair kit so 5 euros more for the official service isn't that bad. Ofc it should have been free worldwide not just the US...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts