Hardware Joy cons do not connect to Switch when detached

ignudi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i have an unpatched switch with stock 4.1.0 FW. i created an emuNAND on a microsd card and used hekate/atmosphere to install 8.1.1 CFW on it. i eventually updated the CFW to 10.0.0.

after the update, the switch constantly nags me to update the joy con controllers. once i mistakenly selected 'Update', but i immediately detached the joy cons before the update could complete.

now, the joy cons only work when attached to the switch. is this somehow connected to my refusal to update the joy con controllers? i'm afraid that if i update the joy con firmware, the joy cons might not work if i boot to stock 4.1.0 FW. now, even on 4.1.0, i'm always nagged to update the joy cons.

is it ok to accept the update? am i missing anything with not updating? will the updated joy cons work on 4.1.0? and will i never be able to use the joy cons wirelessly until i accept the update?

by the way, the right joy con controller is unmodded.

thank you guys.

Last edited by ignudi,

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found a solution to this problem. My joycons werent working so I go into controller and sensors, make sure both joycons are on the switch and then “Disconnect” both. The CFW will reconnect and the joycons works for me when I take it off the console.

Now I can enjoy DS games with my flipgrip

- Jesus is my everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9