Hacking Joy-Con Unity Library

wormyrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering specifically about the gyroscopic stuff (and HD rumble, should you choose to pursue that later). I might peruse your code, but I'm not particularly advanced and probably wouldn't know what I'm looking at half the time lol

(Also if you put "www." in front of the address it'll automatically link-ify it)

I already pursued HD rumble - it's in the driver and it works.
Also - I have to get to 10 posts before the forum will let me post links. Once I get there I hope it also gives me edit privileges so I can go back and put links back into my older posts.

it does light up, but cant i make it automatically light up as soon as it connects to my switch?

With a soldering iron lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My sensor fusion code is also hot garbage, but feel free to look at it in my driver on github (mfosse) it uses a basic complementary filter, I didn't bother with the kalman filter and it doesn't work properly past 90° pitch for whatever reason

Matt, I finally ported sensor fusion code that works well, using a rotation matrix; I worked from this page: starlino.com/dcm_tutorial.html
If you're working on something similar feel free to just lift this algorithm. github.com/Looking-Glass/JoyconLib/blob/master/Assets/JoyconLib_scripts/Joycon.cs#L486-L546

wormyrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if there's any possibility to have movement tracking ? Wanted to use joy-con as an haptic but dunno if that can be used.

The library gives you access to raw accel/gyro data so if you want to parse it and try to calculate position you can try!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.