Hardware Joy-con right replacement buttons

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im looking for joy on buttons mainly red yellow blue green abxy buttons. All the ones I’ve bought on eBay Korey having the letters rub off

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy OEM replacement buttons for the New 3DS. You'll have to modify them a bit and they aren't as tall as the Switch buttons, but they're the best way to get quality colored buttons.

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have multiple unused colored button sets I don't want from modding my controllers (Basstop/Myriann brand). I'll send them to you for no cost if you cover shipping.

PM me.

Last edited by QuarterLife,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Basstop ones are supposed to be decent quality, but I don't know if you can buy them on their own without the shell.
They don't sell buttons alone. They also don't give sr/sl buttons with the shells, which I wish they would. My left transparent green joycon has red sr/sl buttons and its mildly annoying.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They don't sell buttons alone. They also don't give sr/sl buttons with the shells, which I wish they would. My left transparent green joycon has red sr/sl buttons and its mildly annoying.
I haven't found a single seller that includes SL/SR buttons. If you find one, let me know, cause I'm looking for a new shell for one of my JoyCon pairs.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
According to the pictures the newer joycon shells from BASSTOP come with sr/sl buttons. Don't know if that's accurate though.
I want green/pink shells to match my Splatoon 2 Pro Controller and my SwitchCase which I backed and picked pink/green. I don't think BASSTOP offers those colors though, and I'd honestly rather have an official shell, and some of the eBay sellers look like they're selling official shells, none of them include the SL/SR though, since it's kind of a pain to replace... The whole side assembly with SL/SR, the charging/dock port etc. are part of the same piece, and they don't seem easy to separate.

But if they do offer those colors, and they look identical to the originals, that might be worth checking out for me.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want green/pink shells to match my Splatoon 2 Pro Controller and my SwitchCase which I backed and picked pink/green. I don't think BASSTOP offers those colors though, and I'd honestly rather have an official shell, and some of the eBay sellers look like they're selling official shells, none of them include the SL/SR though, since it's kind of a pain to replace... The whole side assembly with SL/SR, the charging/dock port etc. are part of the same piece, and they don't seem easy to separate.

But if they do offer those colors, and they look identical to the originals, that might be worth checking out for me.
I've taken the joycon apart multiple times. The sr/sl buttons are fairly easy to replace, no harder than the rest. The rail had a couple extra screws to come apart and swap those buttons

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've taken the joycon apart multiple times. The sr/sl buttons are fairly easy to replace, no harder than the rest. The rail had a couple extra screws to come apart and swap those buttons
I've taken mine apart multiple times as well, but since the SL/SR are part of a separate assembly they seemed harder to replace, I haven't tried though. It's good to know that it's not that hard, since I'm hoping to replace the shells on one of my sets (once I can find a replacement motherboard for it since I broke the battery connector for my left JoyCon)

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the pictures the newer joycon shells from BASSTOP come with sr/sl buttons. Don't know if that's accurate though.

dx65V2j.jpg

I've taken mine apart multiple times as well, but since the SL/SR are part of a separate assembly they seemed harder to replace, I haven't tried though. It's good to know that it's not that hard, since I'm hoping to replace the shells on one of my sets (once I can find a replacement motherboard for it since I broke the battery connector for my left JoyCon)

It's 2 screws on the rail. Stupid-easy to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol