Hacking Joiner failing - Nand backup

Paula55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally decided to mod my Switch. I am using a 32 GB SD Card, after backup ends I get 15 files (rawnand 0 to rawnand 14) all files are 2GB except the last is 1.4GB. When I use joiner for 15 2GB files it starts then it closes after a min. I am wondering if my backup is good as I read that it joiner failed then backup is bad. I have tried backip up twice but nothing. Any suggestions?

Reactions: HideoKojima

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So finally decided to mod my Switch. I am using a 32 GB SD Card, after backup ends I get 15 files (rawnand 0 to rawnand 14) all files are 2GB except the last is 1.4GB. When I use joiner for 15 2GB files it starts then it closes after a min. I am wondering if my backup is good as I read that it joiner failed then backup is bad. I have tried backip up twice but nothing. Any suggestions?
In CMD on your computer, cd into the directory where your rawnand files are and run this command:
Code:
copy /b rawnand.bin.00 + rawnand.bin.01 + rawnand.bin.02 + rawnand.bin.03 + rawnand.bin.04 + rawnand.bin.05 + rawnand.bin.06 + rawnand.bin.07 + rawnand.bin.08 + rawnand.bin.09 + rawnand.bin.10 + rawnand.bin.11 + rawnand.bin.12 + rawnand.bin.13 + rawnand.bin.14 rawnand.bin
If it dosent work paste the output of the command here and ill take a look at it.

Last edited by milomc123,
Reactions: Paula55

Paula55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In CMD on your computer, cd into the directory where your rawnand files are and run this command:
Code:
copy /b rawnand.bin.00 + rawnand.bin.01 + rawnand.bin.02 + rawnand.bin.03 + rawnand.bin.04 + rawnand.bin.05 + rawnand.bin.06 + rawnand.bin.07 + rawnand.bin.08 + rawnand.bin.09 + rawnand.bin.10 + rawnand.bin.11 + rawnand.bin.12 + rawnand.bin.13 + rawnand.bin.14 rawnand.bin
If it dosent work paste the output of the command here and ill take a look at it.
Thanks for your answer, I have deleted the backup folder by accident, I will need to do this again. I will let you know how it goes. By the way, my 32GB card is empty (I know there's less than 32GB available) if I see 15 files (rawnand0 to 14) and not a unique file (rawnand.bin), doesn't this mean this is a partial backup? if it is the case why can't I see partial.idx?

Reactions: Mambila2001

cyfaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
partial.idx is a control file for resuming backing up, unless I remember it all wrong. If you abort the dumping process during, say, the creation of the *.05 file it'll be created to save you some time when you resume the dumping at a later time. If you successfully dump the nand there's no reason for the idx file to exist.

But isn't Hekate verifying the integrity of the split files when dumping? Was a while ago I did it on mine, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it checked that every split file was ok before it proceeded to the next part.

Another thing you can try doing is open up the rawnand.bin in hacdiskmount and see if it spits out any errors. If it doesn't, your dump is probably good. Just make sure you got your biskeys.

Paula55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok it worked now, I think my problem was that I have mistakenly pasted the joiner file in the sd card backup folder instead of the one I copied in my desktop, and since the sd card is only 32GB, the joined didn't find enough space to create the the main file.

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok it worked now, I think my problem was that I have mistakenly pasted the joiner file in the sd card backup folder instead of the one I copied in my desktop, and since the sd card is only 32GB, the joined didn't find enough space to create the the main file.
Okay, Happy that it worked for you.

PadawanNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:

You can also use:

Code:
copy /b rawnand.bin.* rawnand.bin

Not any different than what's above, just a lot shorter. The asterisk acts as a wildcard, meaning it will pull all files in that directory that begin with "rawnand.bin.".

Edit: You can also verify that the new joined rawnand.bin is valid by opening it in HacDiskMount and testing it with your biskeys.

Last edited by PadawanNinja,

edgelowell

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I had the problem of all the rawnand.bin00-14 and the cmd code worked but now i can't put the rawnand into my fat32 SD because its too big, any ideas?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the problem of all the rawnand.bin00-14 and the cmd code worked but now i can't put the rawnand into my fat32 SD because its too big, any ideas?
Hekate now restores parts...
And also if you want to use a merged or large rawnand.bin you can format your sd card to exfat.
Hekate can read both formats.
Its just the system thats limited to format type if it hasnt been exfat enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over