Joiner failing - Nand backup

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Paula55, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Paula55
    OP

Paula55 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    So finally decided to mod my Switch. I am using a 32 GB SD Card, after backup ends I get 15 files (rawnand 0 to rawnand 14) all files are 2GB except the last is 1.4GB. When I use joiner for 15 2GB files it starts then it closes after a min. I am wondering if my backup is good as I read that it joiner failed then backup is bad. I have tried backip up twice but nothing. Any suggestions?

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  2. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Probably the SD card?

3. milomc123

milomc123 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Ireland
    In the soul stone
    In CMD on your computer, cd into the directory where your rawnand files are and run this command:
    Code:
    copy /b rawnand.bin.00 + rawnand.bin.01 + rawnand.bin.02 + rawnand.bin.03 + rawnand.bin.04 + rawnand.bin.05 + rawnand.bin.06 + rawnand.bin.07 + rawnand.bin.08 + rawnand.bin.09 + rawnand.bin.10 + rawnand.bin.11 + rawnand.bin.12 + rawnand.bin.13 + rawnand.bin.14 rawnand.bin
    If it dosent work paste the output of the command here and ill take a look at it.

Last edited by milomc123, Aug 19, 2018
    Paula55 likes this.
  4. Paula55
    OP

Paula55 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for your answer, I have deleted the backup folder by accident, I will need to do this again. I will let you know how it goes. By the way, my 32GB card is empty (I know there's less than 32GB available) if I see 15 files (rawnand0 to 14) and not a unique file (rawnand.bin), doesn't this mean this is a partial backup? if it is the case why can't I see partial.idx?

Mambila2001 likes this.
  5. cyfaws

cyfaws Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    partial.idx is a control file for resuming backing up, unless I remember it all wrong. If you abort the dumping process during, say, the creation of the *.05 file it'll be created to save you some time when you resume the dumping at a later time. If you successfully dump the nand there's no reason for the idx file to exist.

But isn't Hekate verifying the integrity of the split files when dumping? Was a while ago I did it on mine, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it checked that every split file was ok before it proceeded to the next part.

Another thing you can try doing is open up the rawnand.bin in hacdiskmount and see if it spits out any errors. If it doesn't, your dump is probably good. Just make sure you got your biskeys.

Paula55 likes this.
  6. Paula55
    OP

Paula55 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Ok it worked now, I think my problem was that I have mistakenly pasted the joiner file in the sd card backup folder instead of the one I copied in my desktop, and since the sd card is only 32GB, the joined didn't find enough space to create the the main file.

7. milomc123

Jun 26, 2018
    Ireland
    In the soul stone
    Okay, Happy that it worked for you.

Paula55 likes this.
  8. Paula55
    OP

Paula55 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Thanks a lot for your help :toot:

9. milomc123

Jun 26, 2018
    Ireland
    In the soul stone
    No Problem. :yay:

10. PadawanNinja

PadawanNinja Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    You can also use:

Code:
    copy /b rawnand.bin.* rawnand.bin
    Not any different than what's above, just a lot shorter. The asterisk acts as a wildcard, meaning it will pull all files in that directory that begin with "rawnand.bin.".

Edit: You can also verify that the new joined rawnand.bin is valid by opening it in HacDiskMount and testing it with your biskeys.

Last edited by PadawanNinja, Sep 25, 2018