Homebrew JKSM won't let me save data

thebelt24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using JKSM through homebrew and it only lets me save extra data. When I click "Save Data" nothing happens. I tried using checkpoint instead but it always freezes at a yellow screen

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What are you trying to do exactly? Are you trying to export or import save data? Not all games have their saves as "Save Data", plenty just save as "Extra Data" (eg: MHGen/XX/Stories/USUM/etc.). You can't import or export extra data from a game that doesn't support them. But I don't know why Checkpoint would freeze since it automatically decides what data the game uses...:unsure: Just make sure there IS save data before you do anything, if there isn't (eg: haven't played the game at all yet) it obviously won't work.

thebelt24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to import the save file from Pokemon Sun. I wasn't referring to any file just what JKSM has named the primary file import function. Oddly the secondary import function works, and luckily Fire Emblem Fates has save slots that write to the ExtData. I can't even boot Checkpoint, as the freeze occurs when I try to launch it from the homebrew launch screen

thebelt24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solved it, the issue lies with me using Steelhax. He provided a link to the last working build for steelhax (not a member so I can't link), I'm betting it's the same with Checkpoint

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later