Homebrew JKSM Issue with Recent Game (Megami Meguri)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ichii Giki
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,434
  • Replies Replies 3

Ichii Giki

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
284
Reaction score
107
Trophies
0
XP
261
Country
United States
I know this is a bit of an obscure game and many people may have not heard of it, but I thought since it is a very new title, it might have some new protections in it against save restores that we haven't seen before.

Has anyone else had issues with JKSM on very new titles/since 11.3? I just tried to backup my save from Megami Meguri before re-installing it and now every time I try to launch the game after restoring my save/extdata, the game says there is an error with my save and forces me to create a new one.

I have tried everything I can think of with JKSM. I have let the game create a new save and then tried importing, I have tried deleting the secure value manually before/after restoring my save. It seems when you try to launch the game after deleting the secure value, it will sometimes say the save doesn't exist at all. Could new games be doing anything special now to try and combat homebrew that JKSM isn't accounting for?

I am also using the most recent build of JKSM cia from 2017/2/10.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

P.S. This is the ONLY other thread I have been able to find referencing issues with this game:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/megami-m...l-game-savegame-export-import-problem.453939/
 
With the assistance of users in #3dshacks on IRC, we have verified that the recently released Japanese eShop only game, Megami Meguri, will consider a save corrupted if the SecureData is blank or doesn't match with values stored in the save. It would seem for some newer games simply blanking out the SecureData value upon save restore like JKSM currently does may no longer be adequate.

I have opened an issue on the GitHub repo for JKSM to let others know. My current save may be lost (unless we can figure out how the SecureData is used in the saves for Megami Meguri), but hopefully this will help others avoid this issue.

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/issues/42
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
The saving of this game updates such things in CTRNAND.
So it's unavailable to move the save to any other platform if the CTRNAND files are mismatch.

XEljb1F.png
 
Last edited by MelonGx,
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
With the assistance of users in #3dshacks on IRC, we have verified that the recently released Japanese eShop only game, Megami Meguri, will consider a save corrupted if the SecureData is blank or doesn't match with values stored in the save. It would seem for some newer games simply blanking out the SecureData value upon save restore like JKSM currently does may no longer be adequate.

I have opened an issue on the GitHub repo for JKSM to let others know. My current save may be lost (unless we can figure out how the SecureData is used in the saves for Megami Meguri), but hopefully this will help others avoid this issue.

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/issues/42

Yeah, I've had issues with games using Anti-Savegame Restore in JKSM; looks like this game uses it.

Perhaps this can be fixed by simply updating the SecureData value, as opposed to blanking it out? Correct me if I'm wrong.
 

Site & Scene News