Hacking Jasper R-jtag questions

Ordell Robbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a jasper thats updated to the newest firmware and I want mod it. I dont care about xbox live, I just want to play games off hdd. It seems R-jtagging is the best option for me. I modded a original xbox and a ps2 back in the day but I dont have soldering equipment anymore so id need to invest in some. r-jtag seems abit complicated for a newb so Im planning to pay someone to do it. I can get it done for 90$ locally im not sure if thats a good price but the chip is like 40-50 bucks so it seems reasonable and is cheaper than I can do it myself after buying equipment.

So my questions are
1 are rjtagging or xkey my only options
2 is 90$ reasonable for a rjtag

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing is you must have a computer with a REAL parallel port (generally emulated parallel ports which are usually USB devices will fail because problems with timing the signals). If you don't then you should get an install service w/o even thinking further. Second is you have to have decent soldering skills and a halfway decent iron at least. The hardest part of the process imo is installing the pins to create the jtag header on the board. There are a couple of small points to connect the chip to on the board that could be problematic so still hands and a sharp eye are a must. You can actually get a CR clone (yeah I know boo..hiss.. some may say but mine works flawlessly) on ebay for around 17USD shipped. Ultimately you may want to invest in the service to avoid the daunting task of opening up your box yourself and possibly muffing it up with a failed flash, etc. For 90USD you are paying a moderately hefty premium but if the service is good and reliable in case of future problems (such as needing to tweak the glitch timing) then I don't think you will regret it at all.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Yes they are.
2. 90 is a bit steep, but if the fella ensures you it'll be working perfectly, I'd say go for it.

If you're not really comfy with soldering, let someone solder the chip in for you.
You're dealing with some small points on the mobo and can easily fuck things up.

Ordell Robbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, imma try looking around for a local modder I guess. If anyone can recommend someone in south florida, I live in miami but im willing to travel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU