Hacking Japanese Vita Change Buttons

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a thread I read a while back but I can't seem to find it now :(

Long story short I have a Vita from Japan, I changed the O and X using the standard settings within the Vita's official OS, but this still causes problems sometimes within some software

I read there's a homebrew I can use that will permanently and properly allow me to swap the buttons over

Would someone be able to link me to the thread or alternatively tell me the name of the homebrew and a quick 'how to' please ?

Thanks in advance

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is a little imprecise. My U.S. vita does have an official setting under accessibility to remap buttons, and presumably you can swap X and O there if you want. Henkaku settings within the official settings app has an option to swap OK/cancel in menus between X and O, which should only affect menu navigation and not game actions. This isn't really an official setting though since this whole category was added by henkaku, so its not clear which thing you are referring to.

I do know that its up to software to respect the OK/cancel swap when appropriate, official software seems to do so but homebrew is hit and miss. I don't see any way to force a fix there as software reserves the option to ignore the swap for in-game actions.

Adrenaline has its own setting for swapping OK/cancel for PSP games, unfortunately many official PSP games ignore the setting and are hard-coded by region. Doesn't seem to do anything at all for PSX either.

Reactions: peteruk

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I found this video about RemaPSV plugin - have you tried this one ?

RemaPSV is really good, but it's only useful on a 'per title' basis. I've also found that it can render some titles unable to load, so I have it listed in my tai config to only work with the titles I configure it for (handy on a PSTV when using a DS3).

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RemaPSV is really good, but it's only useful on a 'per title' basis. I've also found that it can render some titles unable to load, so I have it listed in my tai config to only work with the titles I configure it for (handy on a PSTV when using a DS3).

thanks duwen

Reactions: kop365

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: