Gaming Japanese Pokemon games

cubone12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you see I wanna play Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Green, but the jap-version on my european GBA SP.
But I don not know if it will work to play them on it, and even if it works will I be able to trade with my european games?
Also I would like to know where I can buy them.
Thx cubone12

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, you see I wanna play Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Green, but the jap-version on my european GBA SP.
But I don not know if it will work to play them on it
Gameboy games aren't region locked, so you can play Japanese games in European GBA.

and even if it works will I be able to trade with my european games? That won't work.
Also I would like to know where I can buy them. Ebay.
Thx cubone12

loco365

Trophies
XP
Also, if you have a Japanese GBA version and you want to import to Pal Park in DPPtHGSS, you will have to get a Japanese version of the DS game first.

D

Deleted-236924

There is no reason for not being able to trade between the Japanese version and the European version.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trading between Japanese and International versions of 3rd generation games should work without issue. From Bulbapedia: "Link trades and battles are made possible between Japanese and international releases due to the use of a worldwide character set. Due to the fact that online trading was introduced only in Generation IV, however, most are not made aware of this."

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

I got both a Japanese LeafGreen and an English FireRed; I should know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...