Gaming Japanese games?

Capman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a English speaker and reader and don`t know the fisrt thing about Japanese, but saying that I have noticed that Japan seems to get a lot more games then English speaking places.

So I was wondering if there is a list anywhere of Japanese games with English support or that can be played without knowing any Japanese.

Capman.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
there are some guides for poplular games, like Daigaso Band Brothers or so.
tell us whats ur interest so we'll tell you if there is guide/translation for it.

GDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well some games that you don't need to understand japanese is Jump ultimate star and it does have a english patch XD

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though a game might be playable without knowing anything about Japanese, it doesn't mean it will be enjoyable.

I used to play Japanese games without any Japanese knowledge, and they were all easy fighters and the like. However, one I learned Japanese and started playing Japanese games again, it was so very much better.

So, if you want to play Japanese games badly, I'd recommend Jump! Ultimate Stars. Excellent game. Also, you can play Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! It's a rhythm game like Elite Beat Agents... but better.

Basically just try to stay away from RPGs unless they have a menu translation patch. I tried to loan my friend my DS to play FF4, but he had a lot of problems with not being able to remember what attacks looked like written in Japanese, and ended up having to wait for the patch (or me to stand over his shoulder and tell him what everything means).

Also, many of the games Japan gets will eventually be brought over to English. And of those that aren't, the really popular ones will have patches available on the net (check these forums) for the game.

So, good luck on your quest to find good Japanese games!

freiteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some games that you don't need to understand japanese is Jump ultimate star and it does have a english patch XD

i started playing jump ultimate stars. Where can i find the english patch? i beleive i found a wiki on this site but i didnt understand how to put the patch on the game

can you help?
cool.gif

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some good games are Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! and its sequel, as well as Taiko no Tatsujin DS.

Neither of them really require knowledge of Japanese, although you might need a guide for Taiko no Tatsujin to work out what you have to do for the challenges.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dragon Quest IV is a very good RPG and its half translated in english. menus and lots of quest text is translated (check the cheats-db, there is a patch to unlock the languages)
From the Abyss is a nice action-RPG that can be played without knowing any japanese as well. tho there might be some trial&error in certain points - or the need for a guide.
Then there are some puzzle games that can perfectly be played, most of them mentioned in the under-rated games thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs