whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gokou282 said:
whatyoudo said:
Hi, I've been trolling these forums since getting a Wiikey sometime ago, but stopped reading around the time MP3 came out. I have a JAP wii as well and have been trying to catch up w/ all these new patchers that have come out since WBB was put out. I'm also currently trying to figure out a way to play SBBB-US on a NTSC-J system but I seemed to be getting a bit confused as to how to go about it. My system hasn't been updated by the Japanese SBBB so should I be using WGLP to patch the main.dol and then WBBing be ok? Also the latest posts have been saying to use prohp's .inf file or even better the original .inf. How does that play into the equation if WBB removes the update. Sorry guys, having been away for so long I'm really only familiar with WBB and have a lot of catching up to do, so if I'm asking questions that seem to have obvious answers please go easy. Thanks.

hi, I did exactly as moofiee except I didn't WBB it.

I also put a layer break in (Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9, click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD)

I can't confirm whether just WBBing the ISO will work, but I can definitely confirm that replacing the .inf file will work and not update your system and give you the possibility of dual channels.

So to be safe, please use Trucha and replace the .inf file

Thanks for explaining, I'm gonna try this method as soon as I sort everything out. Also, what would the actual point/advantage in obtaining the original .inf file as over proph's edited version since it's the US game that's being played and not the JPN game? Does anyone know where to obtain this file? I'm assuming it's safe to say since I found proph's .inf from the other thread, but don't quote me on that.
nyanya.gif

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you don't set layer break to 2084960? Does it make it harder for the Wii to read it or like... shorten the reading laser's life?

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks for explaining, I'm gonna try this method as soon as I sort everything out. Also, what would the actual point/advantage in obtaining the original .inf file as over proph's edited version since it's the US game that's being played and not the JPN game? Does anyone know where to obtain this file? I'm assuming it's safe to say since I found proph's .inf from the other thread, but don't quote me on that.
nyanya.gif

You need to replace the original .inf file in the SBBB ISO with proph's one. The original one contains the update so the whole point is to bypass that...

Posts merged

Dnestr said:
What if you don't set layer break to 2084960? Does it make it harder for the Wii to read it or like... shorten the reading laser's life?

There's some technical information about the second layer being accessed at this point (but I didn't read all of it cos I was really tired)
rolleyes.gif

Some people say the game won't work, and some other people report that your Wii laser has to work harder anyway because you're using burnt DL media. I would normally due multiple burns myself but Dual media is expensive!!

Posts merged
Dnestr said:

QUOTE(jeffsteez @ Mar 13 2008, 01:26 PM)
So I can just burn the img with imgburn (no need to enter layer break) and play?

Or is there any issue playing the USA game on the JAP machine like there is with SMG?

Thanks for the help!

I think we need to ask someone who has actually burnt it without removing the updates. At worst you'll get dual channels.

whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gokou282 said:
QUOTE said:
nyanya.gif

You need to replace the original .inf file in the SBBB ISO with proph's one. The original one contains the update so the whole point is to bypass that...

Posts merged

Dnestr said:

There's some technical information about the second layer being accessed at this point (but I didn't read all of it cos I was really tired)
rolleyes.gif

Some people say the game won't work, and some other people report that your Wii laser has to work harder anyway because you're using burnt DL media. I would normally due multiple burns myself but Dual media is expensive!!

Posts merged
Dnestr said:

QUOTE(jeffsteez @ Mar 13 2008, 01:26 PM)
So I can just burn the img with imgburn (no need to enter layer break) and play?

Or is there any issue playing the USA game on the JAP machine like there is with SMG?

Thanks for the help!

I think we need to ask someone who has actually burnt it without removing the updates. At worst you'll get dual channels.

Ok just gonna burn using proph's .inf. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Sorry for the confusion.

whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so after spending about a few hours learning how to use Trucha, figuring out wth key.bin was and following some thinly veiled clues on this forum on how to obtain it, I finally finished burning SSSB US and was able to successfully play on my 3.1J Wiikey system updated w/ 1.9g. I used the same method Gokou282 used, did the game update and now everything seems to run flawlessly, no duplicate channels or anything. Thanks for the help siokzz and gokou.

jeffsteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gokou282 said:
jeffsteez said:

Thanks for the help!

Thanks. I already have duel channels, so that's not a concern.

What I'm really worried about is that SSBB has the protection that SMG had which prevented the USA version being played on a Jap console regardless of the 'updates'.

Can anyone confirm that SSBB(USA) with work without modifying the image on a Jap console that is already updated with SSBB(Jap)?

Thanks

whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone here tell me if SMG-U can be played successfully on NTSC-J system? I know that you can replace the .arc files on the JPN SMG w/ the US ones but there is still the speech bubble problem. Perhaps one of the .arc files that controls the size/length of the speech bubbles can be replaced? I'm going through the game files via Trucha to see if I can find a file that has the same filename but different file sizes on JPN and US versions. In case I decide to give up on this needle in a haystack search, do the .arc files only need to be replaced in the subfolders of PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\JpJapan folder because I'm finding the same .arc files in other areas such as PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\DEBUG\JpJapan and PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\SystemData\JpJapan?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatyoudo said:
Could anyone here tell me if SMG-U can be played successfully on NTSC-J system? I know that you can replace the .arc files on the JPN SMG w/ the US ones but there is still the speech bubble problem. Perhaps one of the .arc files that controls the size/length of the speech bubbles can be replaced? I'm going through the game files via Trucha to see if I can find a file that has the same filename but different file sizes on JPN and US versions. In case I decide to give up on this needle in a haystack search, do the .arc files only need to be replaced in the subfolders of PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\JpJapan folder because I'm finding the same .arc files in other areas such as PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\DEBUG\JpJapan and PARTITION (RMGE01)\ROOT\SystemData\JpJapan?

Yes, the US version of SMG works on JAP Wii, I used the Generic Patching Tool, worked the first time I tried it.

Posts merged

Does anyone know when the JAP version of Datel's Freeloader will be released?

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whatyoudo said:

Exactly as the above guy said, you don't need to replace anything now, just patch the NTSC-U version with the language patching tool, and you will have no bubble problem or other problem wathsoever. It's exactly the NTSC-U version running on your system. Have fun.

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow JP wii owners.

I've been trying for 2 days to get SSBB US to work on my 3.2J JPN wii with wiikey 1.9g. I haven't played the Japanese version of the game. I followed all the steps told on the wiki page of gbatemp to do everything ok. After patching the game with wbb and burning the game using the specific dual layer break, I got the game to show up on the wii main menu, but when I click play there is a black screen and nothing happens. No security message nor error 001 message, just a plain black screen that force me to force shutdown of the console.

I've tried the trucha method by changing the main.dol file by one that I patched for the error001 fix (I don't know if it's the source of my problem), but still it's a no go. There is also a dvd9 to dvd5 converter available on gbatemp, but it didn't worked.

Does anybody know what could be the source of the problem? Do I have to play at first ssbb jp in order to do the update that is on the dvd, since most of the people on the topic that have ssbb us working on their console played the japanese version before?

Your help would be very appreciated.

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, there are updates in Brawl necessary to make it run. I'm afraid you can't just brickblock it and that's it, but the solution is pretty easy nonetheless, since you used trucha already. You just need to get yourself the Wii Update Patcher and patch the update.inf file in your NTSC-U game.

Look here, get the program, follow the instructions in the readme, don't brickblock it, let it update and you are good to go.

Have fun.
wink2.gif

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yea... the instructions on the wiki about applying WBB is quite misleading... luckily we have this great thread to clarify! =D

got a question that may be abit off-topic given that everyone else is trying to get SSBB to work, but has anyone gotten Zack & Wiki (PAL) working on their jpn wii? the US version seems to work but couldn't find any info on whether the PAL version works... mine doesn't =/

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Could I use a USA/PAL Freeloader on my JAP Wii? Harvest Moon MAgcial Melody(PAL) doesn't work, so I was wondering if I could get it working with Freeloader.

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for your help.

I changed the .inf file for the one from proph, let the update run on my wii, and the game ran just fine! I think I will update the wiki for those who didn't formerly update with SSBB jp. I quite sure I'm not the only one who experienced this issue, and it would be nice to document it so it can be easy for future SSBB us player with jp wii to know what to do.

SSBB is awesome! Have a good day everyone!

stuffed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hmm hi... have the same problems as devil_goalie.
i've already WBB the iso and i dont have the original, that means i have to redownload??
or can i restore the update using trucha signer?

and one more question, will it work with 1.9b? coz 1.9g fucked up my wii, had to recovery disc it back to 1.9b...

help much appreciated!
smile.gif

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no need, u can download the DVD5 SSBB JP version then let it update your Wii JP console, than your SSBB US that already WBB can play.
There's application that can remove the #001 protection, so u dont have to update to 1.9g.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw