Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

phreakymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in the WiiFrii thread before I noticed that this thread existed... maybe someone can shed some light?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=793...t&p=1606982
QUOTE said:
I'm trying to patch Rayman Raving Rabbids to work on my Japanese Wii (it came with 3.4J, but I downgraded to 3.2J). I have a Wiikey 2, and so far, this is the only game I haven't been able to patch to get to work from the Disc Channel. I can load them from GeckoOS/Backup Launcher, but I got a modchip so I wouldn't have to mess with that stuff and I'd really prefer to find another solution.

So far I've patched it with WGLPv2, with WiiJunkies, with WiiFrii, and different combinations of the three. Every time I get an "Eject disc and shut off your Wii" error.

Other games that didn't work unpatched, like Cooking Mama, Super Mario Galaxy, and Boom Blox work fine now, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
This is the only game I've had trouble with so far. I'd chalk it up to a bad rip, but other people who have gotten it from the same source haven't had any issue.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
bowser said:
Whoa! Did it take you this long to get MK PAL? Are you on dial-up? Anyway, you can get the 3.1J_v2 firmware on RapidShare. The file is in 2 parts (in WinRAR format). Here are the links:

Link1
Link2

(Just unzip the first one and it will automatically unzip both into a single file. If you already knew that, never mind.
smile.gif
)
Yeah! I'm still rocking Dialup!
laugh.gif
but I actually didn't use that for downloading the game, you know it takes forever!! (and it was too scary for me to put my life at risk downloading it at school! ) I simply got the image disk from my friend! I was just too lazy to start downloading the firmware, it's huge you see!! That's why it took so long! I'm also busy cooking in OrderUp! No time for downloading!
laugh.gif

THANKS A MILLION Bowser! You did a great help! as always my friend.

Masu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urm I need some help. I have a Jp wii with 3.4 firmware. I have recently installed a wiikey2 in it, and it wont load the US Radiant Dawn. Backup OR original copy. I start the game and it stays a black screen forever after the "play this game with the wiimote on it's side" screen. Could someone help me with this?

gc84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys need some help!!

I've had a little break from my wii, so i need to get updated on wots going on now!!

the last game i ripped was mario kart and i lost the love for my wii when i found out i could only play mario galaxy in japanese!!!

I've just recently got back into my wii and wanna get a few new games!!!!

i currently am running firmware 3.1j, would it be advisable to upgrade or use the any region changer and switch over to either NTSC-US or PAL! considering all my previous games were in the NTSC-US format, although i live in the UK so PAL mite be a good idea.

Please let us know where i should go from here!!! cheers

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
either

anyregionchanger mod 5 will give you enhanced region free so..you are region free

gc84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah cool!! will i be able to change my system menus to english as well then?! cos im sicking of guessing wot to press lol!!! ( non jap literate)

inasne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a minute... if you change the region on a jap wii to a us/pal via the anyregionchanger, then is it safe to run waninkoko's system 4.0 updater then?
since it's not made to work on japanese and korean wii's

gc84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right ok, b4 i take the plunge and brick my wii.....

im on 3.1j with wiikey installed

i'm ready to install homebrew via the iso, then update to wiikey 1.9s

then if im correct i run anyregionchanger and switch from JAP to US region

Then run the wiikey 1.9s config and set overide on

and all this should give me a english system menu and should run like a US wii?!

will i be able to run PAL retail with this setup? or would i have to set it to Eur instead?

thanks again!!!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont really know about wiikey cause my modchip, was region locked and you have to solder (bridge connections) to change the region override

so all i just did was update using ARCmod5
and accept the "enhanced region free" which really works and voila your wii can read every disc

also you dont just switch it, you need to download the 3.2u system menu using ARC

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
gc84 said:
right ok, b4 i take the plunge and brick my wii.....

im on 3.1j with wiikey installed

i'm ready to install homebrew via the iso, then update to wiikey 1.9s

then if im correct i run anyregionchanger and switch from JAP to US region

Then run the wiikey 1.9s config and set overide on

and all this should give me a english system menu and should run like a US wii?!

will i be able to run PAL retail with this setup? or would i have to set it to Eur instead?

thanks again!!!

I had the same setup as you with 3.1J and Wiikey1. I used AnyRegionChanger a month ago and it worked like a charm! No more friggin' Japanese menus! The only real chance of bricking is if there is a power cut while you are using AnyRegionChanger (that's why I hooked up my Wii to a UPS before doing it). Just make sure the Area setting is the same region as the system menu you are going to install. Change the Area setting and then choose Save Settings. Then install the system menu WITHOUT exiting the application. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If you exit after saving the Area setting and before installing the system menu you WILL BE BRICKED!! Good luck!

EDIT: After changing to NTSC-U, all my NTSC-U backups stopped working. They started working again after I installed preloader and turned on the region free settings.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any advise for upgrading a region changed (JAP -> US) Wii to 4.2?

I've searched high and low without any definite tutorial.

Thanks!

awooga

Trophies
XP
Country
To run Toki Tori PAL on NTSC-J Wii: (Almost general patch method if freethewads failed.)

Edit: 25/June

What you will need:
Generic Wii Patcher 1.1
wadpacker, wadunpacker (which is included in auto injectuwad v3)
common-key.bin

Getting started:
-Unzip all the tools to a folder called wiivc on your hard drive. Note: you can name this whatever you want but wiivc is the folder I will use in this tutorial.
-Copy the host wad(TokiTori.PAL.wad) into to wiivc

Unpacking your host wad:
Now we must use the command line
-Start a command line via Start->run->cmd
-Type "cd\wiivc" (without quotes), wiivc should be the name of the folder you installed all the tools to
-Type "wadunpacker " (without quotes) where is the name of the host wad file.
-A new folder will be created with a bunch of numbers, browse to it.
-Rename the following files:
xxxxxxxxxx.cert->title.cert
xxxxxxxxxx.tik->title.tik
xxxxxxxxxx.tmd->title.tmd
-Copy all files to folder wiivc (or where ever your install is)
-Check to make sure you have all the following files in your wiivc folder:
00000000.app
00000001.app
00000002.app
00000003.app
00000004.app
00000005.app
00000006.app
00000007.app
title.cert
title.tik
title.tmd

OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY SUGGESTED:
At this point it is important to test to make sure the host files were created properly.

Essentially, we'll be repacking the original wad and installing it to the wii to make sure everything is intact.
-Type "wadpacker title.tik title.tmd title.cert -sign" )
-new wad will be created
-Install the wad how you normally would
-If the wad installs and plays properly you're ready to patch! (For Toki Tori PAL, only channel image is displayed and the game halts. That is normal.)

-Run Generic Wii Patcher and press OPEN button to load the 00000001.app(You need type full file name manually).
-Push Search button in Error 001-Fix and then Remove 001 button.
-Push Search in Video mode changer and then PAL-2-NTSC button.
-Push Search in Console language detection, select English and then Patch button.
-Push Search in Country strings and select JP and push Patch string button.
-Push Save to write to file.

-Run wadpacker again like previous step.

Copy the wad and use Wad Installer on Wii!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tested Toki Tori (PAL) on my Jap Wii and the game worked with English text.
[/quote]

Can somebody do this with this BBC iPlayer wad http://www.mediafire.com/?mwdkynnzg3z ?? Desperate to get it working but everything Ive tried so far has failed miserably

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hehehe... where have I seen that wad before?

AFAIK, bumping an old thread isn't allowed.

Anywho, the NTSC video mode doesn't exist in the iPlayer, and trying to patch all the video modes results in a black screen. The best we could do was to make it force your wii into loading PAL60 mode. Check your pm inbox for details, as posting links to copyrighted stuiff isn't allowed on GBATemp. (You may want edit your post in regards to this rule before mods see it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: