Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Kyokokoko said:
I haven't tested it yet siokzz, but I don't think so at all, since with the language patcher you are using the NTSC-U ISO without any change, you are just forcing it to use the language you want.

ok thanks... yea i suppose for a NTSC-U it shld work... but was wondering if it works with the NTSC-J ISO of SMG too... is it also a multi-language game where we can force english to be displayed like the other games?

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
siokzz said:
Kyokokoko said:
I haven't tested it yet siokzz, but I don't think so at all, since with the language patcher you are using the NTSC-U ISO without any change, you are just forcing it to use the language you want.

ok thanks... yea i suppose for a NTSC-U it shld work... but was wondering if it works with the NTSC-J ISO of SMG too... is it also a multi-language game where we can force english to be displayed like the other games?

I would say no because the NTSC-J version does not contain Eng language files to revert to

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
josho said:
Does anyone know how to rip out the game from the burnt copy out as an iso? I tried using DVD Decryptor but it seem like it doesn't work at all.
ImgBurn. Nero. Whatever you want.

QUOTE(siokzz @ Mar 10 2008, 03:46 PM) ok thanks... yea i suppose for a NTSC-U it shld work... but was wondering if it works with the NTSC-J ISO of SMG too... is it also a multi-language game where we can force english to be displayed like the other games?
If I'm not mistaken, the NTSC-J version is not multi-language, and it does not contain languages other than Japanese, so no, you'll have to use another version.

Rushhour77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have to update my wiikey in my jpn Wii, but i have some questions:
Do i need updates or bootdisks specific for ntsc-j to work with?
Now that http://www.wiikey.cn/ isn't anymore, where can i get the updates and bootdisks?

Thx!

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
oh well... lazy to get the US version... think i'll just contend with the overflowing text on my jpn version... =P

anyway saw some ISOs for SSBB (US) released already... will try to see if it works, do update if anyone has tried!

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Kyokokoko said:
josho said:
Does anyone know how to rip out the game from the burnt copy out as an iso? I tried using DVD Decryptor but it seem like it doesn't work at all.
ImgBurn. Nero. Whatever you want.
You mean by using Nero, I can get the games ripped out from the DISK to the Computer so that I can do the Language Patch? I meant ripping, not burning as .iso.

hmmm

Edit: Got it working from IMG Burn

x10ti0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just figured I'd put my 2 cents worth in. I have a 3.2J Wii fitted with WiiD. The retail copy of SSBB(NTSC-U) works. It required an update, I tried the 15% method and it was a no go. I was forced to update all the way but I got no brick or semi-brick, only dual channels. So other than the dual channels, retail smash works great on my Japanese Wii. I know a lot of people here don't have the WiiD chip, but for those who do, I'm just letting you know about my experience.

moofiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
k confirmed by our chinese frds.

SSBB US works the same way as i did for SMG U on a jap wii.

Patch the main.dol with WGLP and sign it.
Then WBB it
and burn. TADA!~ no updates wat-so-ever

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i burnt the US SSBB and didnt do any brick blocking or language changing :s, worked for me, here's proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPr51qthxo

oh and sorry but i dont know what chip i got installed, bought it pre-modded, ,i need to open it up but cant be bothered My wii fw is now 3.2J, by the way this is my wii scrubbed DVD-5 version, i've ran out of DL Discs so will have to buy some more, but hey the jap dvd-9 worked so i'm guessing its the same

moofiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
djsika said:
i burnt the US SSBB and didnt do any brick blocking or language changing :s, worked for me, here's proof

oh and sorry but i dont know what chip i got installed, bought it pre-modded, ,i need to open it up but cant be bothered My wii fw is now 3.2J, by the way this is my wii scrubbed DVD-5 version, i've ran out of DL Discs so will have to buy some more, but hey the jap dvd-9 worked so i'm guessing its the same

no updates? cool

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
djsika said:

eh u mean u tried the jap dvd-9 version of the game previously? perhaps it was already updated and no further update was required?

anyone using D2Ckey tried SSBB(US) yet?

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, i think "no update needed" because we already update our wii with SSBB jpn.
I believe the game need some update for wii that never play SSBB jpn.
so for them to play ssbb us, it is better to swap update with ProphSSBB.inf

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epu708 said:
guys, i think "no update needed" because we already update our wii with SSBB jpn.
I believe the game need some update for wii that never play SSBB jpn.
so for them to play ssbb us, it is better to swap update with ProphSSBB.inf

Is there a way for me to do the 15% hack using the Jap version without downloading the whole game? I have the US version and people are saying the 15% trick doesn't work with it. So do I need to download an entire 7.4 gigs to get the Jap version just so I can do the update? Seems a bit of a waste! If someone has a solution, pls let me know! I know there's a tool to replace updates on discs..

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be honest guys there is alot of update son the ssbb us disc of which i found later, but i think its because my jap console has duplicate channels from booting smg usa that i didnt get prompted with updates, i think there are alot of updates in ssbb us, so be sure to edit them out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi